Kneel before your Queen... Amber Heard IS Mera! - Part 1

I think as soon as people see red hair and green, they immediately just think Ivy :whatever:

Pretty much. Which is unfair considering the people compared to Ivy always look substantially better....because actual effort went into their designs.

Either way, I'm definitely pumped to see Mera. Never thought I'd be as excited as I am now to see what Heard does with the character. I'm actually hoping now that she does something substantial in JL. I'm not expecting her to be a team member, just to at least have a standout moment.

I'm hoping we see her kicking parademon ass with the rest of the crew.

Talk about MAJOR upgrade
sdl4qw.jpg

Amber looks SO GOOD. Like SOOOO GOOOOD.

giphy.gif

DAIm8DfU0AAxpYn.jpg

Mera's hair wet like this looks even better than Medusa's in the Inhumans. :o

I'm hoping we see her kicking parademon ass with the rest of the crew.

I think we'll at least get this, which would be more than enough to curb my appetite 'til we get Aquaman.

So I hope Aquaman gets a sleek bodysuit like this and not that heavy armour.

I don't care if she kicks a parademon or not. I want a character-driven story and I want Mera to be more than eye candy. I hope there's good chemistry between her and Arthur. Even though I'm excited for her hydrokinetic powers.

I don't care if she kicks a parademon or not. I want a character-driven story and I want Mera to be more than eye candy. I hope there's good chemistry between her and Arthur. Even though I'm excited for her hydrokinetic powers.

I think we all want that! Their interaction in JL is what i'm looking forward to the most.

Aquaman and everything Antlantis - the most exciting thing for me in JL too.

Yea, I have to say the whole underwater stuff is really exciting, maybe because it's something new or I don't know, but I cannot wait to see all of that world. I loved the shot of Mera in JL trailer gliding through the water.
tumblr_ondmqpuyrF1rpzbdgo1_r1_540.gif

Anyway I still think her armor outfit is absolutely gorgeous...
here-s-your-first-look-at-amber-heard-as-mera-in-justice-league-but-how-does-it-compare-with-previous-costumes.jpg

Yeah, we're really in for a treat! I wonder if we'll see more in another JL trailer or if they'll keep it for the movie.

Anyway I still think her armor outfit is absolutely gorgeous...
here-s-your-first-look-at-amber-heard-as-mera-in-justice-league-but-how-does-it-compare-with-previous-costumes.jpg

I hope Justice League doesn't remain with this desaturation and lack of colours. It makes it look like Mera is swimming in the English channel. :o

Agreed plus it just catches the eye much better.

And I hope they go more tropical and less English Channel as you say

You've seen pictures of the filming locations, right?

I would imagine they'll go all over the world eventually. He's the king of the sea, not the king of one part of the sea.

Agreed. Looks like the animated Throne of Atlantis storyline.

We all want that. I definitely want to see an authentic relationship between she and Arthur. But, you can only fit so much into one film, and since this is an ensemble, I just at least want to see Mera do enough that everyone becomes more invested in the character.

Completely agree about the eye candy part. We got enough of that crap with Suicide Squad.

I just realised, she doesn't have the same deep water type eyes that Arthur does. I assumed that was an atlantean thing

That's true. Then again, her eyes glow when she uses her powers. Maybe that's why they excluded that.

Regarding the new suit, I like the colors, but imo the JL suit looks way better. The JL suit looks like it's from another world, while this one looks like a costume made for a movie. And the pushup bra is just ridiculous. As bad as Sara's cheesy Black Canary outfit on Arrow.

Last edited:
I think the JL suit is meant to be the better one of the two. As great as I find this new suit to be, it does seem more like a prototype to the one we get in JL than anything else. I'm fine with that.

I just feel like this one is better suited for water. You have to consider that she's going to spend a lot of time wet. The JL suit doesn't seem very practical for an actor when it comes to swimming.

I just feel like this one is better suited for water. You have to consider that she's going to spend a lot of time wet. The JL suit doesn't seem very practical for an actor when it comes to swimming.

You're likely right about that. But to be fair, though, Mera is shown underwater in the JL suit in the trailer. I can't imagine they made it too difficult for Amber to move around in underwater, even as intricate as it is.

Is she really underwater in JL in that armour, or is it just a simulated environment created by CGI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"