Kneel before your Queen... Amber Heard IS Mera! - Part 1

DAIoiL6XUAAeme8.jpg

Definitely more royal.

Speaking of texture, the one thing that's bugging me about this suit is how too close it looks to just looking like she's wearing spandex. There's a cheapness to the design of the texture compared to Batman's and Superman's suits. I do like the less busy look and placement of the symbol though compared to the JL suit.

Maybe the texture is because of the water. Probably looks amazing when in the water and in motion.

This one definitely looks more scaly.

Well, yeah, in a sense that it has shape of actual scales, instead of triangles like the JL suit, but I do prefer texture of the JL one, overall.

Speaking of texture, the one thing that's bugging me about this suit is how too close it looks to just looking like she's wearing spandex. There's a cheapness to the design of the texture compared to Batman's and Superman's suits. I do like the less busy look and placement of the symbol though compared to the JL suit.

I agree entirely. I like that it's simpler and closer to the costume from comics, but it really does look cheaper, even compared to JL suit. There is a lack of depth in these textures, it is a bit cosplay-like in a way, at least in this photo. It's hard to judge how it will look in the film from a set picture, but it does seem a bit like spandex.

It's nice to see you, by the way.

They changed her hair. It's red now?

startrek.jpg

Quite a few.

I was trying to be subtle about it, but what I'm really saying is that I think the outfit looks kinda cheap.

Quite a few.

I was trying to be subtle about it, but what I'm really saying is that I think the outfit looks kinda cheap.

Yeah, I got you. And I agree.

Granted, I never watched "Smallville", but I don't recall ever seeing any costumes from it.

Green Arrow, Booster Gold, Black Canary, Doctor Fate, Hawkman, Stargirl, and Sandman. And technically Superman. There might be more, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Perfection. She just needs a little bit of her classic jewelry on her pretty head.

She looks perfect as Mera, holy jesus.

Last edited:
I can imagine her JL costume is her royal garb and this costume is more for ass-kicking.

Maybe the texture is because of the water. Probably looks amazing when in the water and in motion.

Maybe. I just have a few gripes over this particular shot Wan gave us.

I agree entirely. I like that it's simpler and closer to the costume from comics, but it really does look cheaper, even compared to JL suit. There is a lack of depth in these textures, it is a bit cosplay-like in a way, at least in this photo. It's hard to judge how it will look in the film from a set picture, but it does seem a bit like spandex.

It's nice to see you, by the way.

Yup. I hope it's better in motion. Amber looks stunning in it though, there's that. But as busy as it looks, I really like the details on the JL suit and how close to fish scales the texture looked as opposed to just a pattern of hexagons like seen on the new pic. It's nice attention to detail like how the texture of Batman's suit looks leathery like the inside of a bat's wings, that I appreciate. Her JL suit could better be complimented if the colors popped more though.

Nice to see you too. It's nice being back when things are starting to pick up again. :)

Smallville.

Ah. A bit yea. But like you said, it's not too bad.

Both costumes are great.

tumblr_ondpdxORBx1sjhzeoo1_500.gif

I see she's trying to outdo Thurman as Poison Ivy. Ha!

No seriously she looks hot.

What's the push-up bra budget on this thing?

Lady MERA swept in from the sea. First day with the exquisite Amber Heard. (Shot by the talented @jasinboland )

DAIm8DfU0AAxpYn.jpg

She looks fantastic, and it's so colourful too. I hope it stays this colourful and saturated. :ilv:

Justice League needs some colour saturation.

It's one of my favorite costumes in the DCEU. I love it.

She's wet and is on a dock. Could be similar to what we saw in "Throne of Atlantis" when she first finds Arthur?

Lady MERA swept in from the sea. First day with the exquisite Amber Heard. (Shot by the talented @jasinboland )

DAIm8DfU0AAxpYn.jpg

:wow: Well, I'll be damned!

Would have to agree with anyone who says this is one of the best costumes of the DCEU thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"