Sequels Lauren Shuler Donner wants X-Men 4 and The New Mutants

MilkIt.jpg

mm... you dont seem to know much about how Hollywood works, :) and on the other side, both Anna, Halle and Shawn would return, they have said it already.

Right now, Id say Hugh Jackman would be the less sure return. He has his solo films now.. why would he want to return to a team movie?.....

the rest of the cast isnt a big problem, is all about sign a contract and get paid, pure and simple.

I'd rather not have Halle back.

Yea I guess Hollywood works by throwing tons of money at people, yea great work.

I personally want to see Halle again, with a more mature Storm, being the head of the school and to see her with Gambit for the first time... and with Kitty, Beast and the rest too.

Id enjoy so much seeing all those relationships...

Storm for me was very wooden and dull maybe thats the character or maybe its Halle, he accent changed as much as her hair did.

They never seemed to know what to do with her, which for me shows how weak her character is.

IF and X4 comes around I'd like it to be a search for Professor X ... while Magneto slowly gets his powers back, he needs his children to take reigns of the Brotherhood.

Emma Frost would be nice for the future her and Scott thing ... if they carry on with more.

Leave Wolverine out of 4 as he has his own thing, mention him, maybe a slight cameo but this needs to be about the X-MEN finding the lost and getting new ones.

But this is Fox and Donner and I don't trust them at all when it comes to Marvel movies.

Angel & Iceman!?!?

Angel didn't show up until X3 and that was an awful casting.

Iceman started out in X1 and was around 16.

First Class if going by Fox's crappy world will be Professor X, Summers, Storm (yawn), Jean, Beast and who knows Emma Frost since they throw her in Wolverine for no bloody reason .. and yet more forced in crappy cameos I guess.

But hay they could put Angel & Iceman in cos Fox don't really stick to there own continuity at all.
Exactly why I said First Class should be a reboot, which I've been saying since they announced that it might be in the works.

The actors are not coming back. Those quotes regarding their comeback were almost 2 years to this date. Paquin has made a nice niche for herself on HBO. Even if the show gets canceled, why go back to summer tentpoles? Halle will demand an enourmous pay check and 50% of the screen time... **** that. Ashmore would come back but no one would notice or care if he is replaced assuming the other actors are replaced. That's the only guy I can see back and even that is a stretch. Maybe K. Grammer would return as Beast but that's another big paycheck. Knowing how Fox works, they will want their actors on the cheap. My intuition on who I think will and won't be back:

1) Ellen Page: Keep her. Big rising star. Fills the role for a younger female lead. If they recast then Kitty will probably be reduced to a small supporting role tops.

Verdict: 50/50 I'd say.

2) Anna Paquin: Keep her... IF she brings down her salary. She will command a **** load having given them three movies already. She is an Oscar calibur actress and I don't see what an X4-6 actually does for her career other than a fat paycheck.

Verdict: Goodbye.

3) Halle Berry: Fat paycheck. Is she really going to bring anything new to the role? Is she just going to be playing herself? Is she just that big name you need to topline your film... even though you potentially have that already with Ellen Page?

Verdict: Thanks for the old times, but no hard feelings.

4) Kesley Grammar: Not really doing anything I am aware of at the moment. The story from X-3 did not really demand that he be back. If he is willing to do it, by all means. But no need to get on all four limbs and beg.

Verdict: Move on to new, younger mutants.

5) Shawn Ashmore: He is what he is. Recognizable face from the franchise but as an actor, not really. If you can get a younger, bulkier, more attractive and equally capable actor in there that can score with the preteens, no need bringing this guy back unless Page/Paquin re-sign.

Verdict: Guy reminds me of a Chris O'Donnel, who was barely a name back then. Look at him now. Peace out Shawn.

6) Hugh Jackman: Out for the reasons already mentioned.

7) Patrick Stewart: Twin brother from the after credit scene that no one... other than fanboys... stayed to watch. But it's time to move on without Xavier.

8) Cyclops/Jean. Actors aren't even worth mentioning since the characters are dead. That said, they need to do a First Class movie to give them their overdue screen time.

Last edited:
Moving on without Xavier for one movie might work, but, other than that, that has to be one of the dumbest suggestions I've ever heard or read in this case.

I'm sorry but of all the other actors out there, I just can't see anyone other than Patrick in that role. It's disrespectful even to the character IMO, to recast him. And even if they did the CGI thing, if it's as bad as it looked in Origins throughout the film, no... I don't want that either.

I am just going by the assumption that since the film is probably years away, he'll be retired by then. Wolverine 2/3, Deadpool, Magneto or FC? Where would X-4 fit if all those movies are ahead of it hypothetically speaking?

This woman is all talk no action, all she cares for is the £$£$£$£$ not if any of the films are any good.

Living off the bad of her husbands now dated and boring Superman films, sorry but its true.

And she's known for screwing up everything she touches (produces)!:whatever:

I think it's definitely possible to bring back Cyclops via some retcon. We never actually saw him explode and Fox treats it's viewers like forgetful idiots who give them money.

Reshoot the scene at the lake, have Apocalypse or Sinister step in to absorb Jean's power for himself and kidnap Cyclops to be used as a Horseman. It sets up a new villain, demonstrates his power, saves Cyclops and explains why Jean was comatose right after.

Also, make contact with Jimmy Leech turn off "The Cure" for Rogue. She needs her powers back. And while we're at it, let them at least turn down Wolverine's healing factor. Like make him scream in agony over his body rejecting his skeleton and stuff.

I think the majority of the cast would commit to X-Men 4 if it were to be made, because X-Men has a huge fanbase. X3 was pretty bad but it still made a lot of money.

I personally, would love to see X-Men 4 moreso than the proposed spin offs and prequels. They should just drop all of them and start with X-Men 4. I just don't want another Wolverine movie disguised as X-Men 4. Since Wolverine has his own movies, I don't see why it should be about him, again. I say have the X-Men consist of Storm, Rogue, Beast, Iceman, Colossus, Kitty and Wolverine. Introduce Banshee (since Moira seems to be taking care of Xavier), Emma Frost, Sebastian Shaw (Shaw Industries financing Sentinels). Mystique is a SHIELD spy/agent and Magneto is a hermit on Genosha. Cyclops is held captive. The brain dead Jean Grey in X3 was a clone (just like in the comics); the real Jean is also held captive by Mr.Sinister.

There are so many routes they can take to fix their errors in X3 but X4 hasn't even been pitched to the studio yet, so it's just talk right now.

I also think that the best move would be to drop all the other spin-offs for now and proceed with X-Men 4!

General public showed even more interest in all other mutants and all those pointless cameos than in Wolverine in his own film. I think that Wolverine outlived his popularity, with his overuse in 4 films until now. As we know Wolverine 2 is unavoidable, but let's try and put a stop to all those other spin-offs, if they are getting in the way of a new X-Men film.

I think that Wolverine should be left out from X-Men 4. Finally realizing his faith of putting in danger women he loves, he leaves for the same mountainous regions of Canada where he was with Silver Fox. Make him a loner as he should be. He should not interfere in the team-work and bigger affairs, at least for now.

Xavier should return in the body of his twin brother and contact the X-Men. Explore his past with Moira and his brother, but don't go too deep.

I think that X-Men 3 didn't conclude the story of the franchise. Almost nothing was resolved. The cure cured all the mutants, but then we witnessed that it's not a permanent. Magneto is still out there. As is Mystique with revenge in her heart. Jean's whole Phoenix power was too ambiguous, as was her other personality (why in the world did she call herself Phoenix? Can she really rise from the ashes? We only saw how she turned all else to ash). Angel was introduced to do nothing important. The escalation in the conflict between humans and mutants was not resolved (as it was in X2 in a way)... and there are a lot other stuff that needs a closure.

As much as I would like to see Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, Sebastian Shaw and the Hellfire Club, Phoenix reborn to stop the ancient evil that is Apocalypse... I think that we should not go there until finishing already started story. Magneto's arc should have a conclusion and what better way to do this, but with a final war.

Magneto, as he's slowly gaining his power receives Genosha as a haven or a sanctuary for all mutants. Eric contacts his children to help him governing his country. As more and more mutants leave and create their own land, fear becomes to rise in the general human population of the world. Xavier returns and tries to negotiate peacefully with the world leaders and steps out publicly by revealing one of the secrets of his school: the X-Men. The school finally closes and becomes only the headquarters of the X-Men. Constant conflicts trigger humanity to reveal the secret weapon prepared for extinguishing whole mutant population, while they are trapped on Genosha. The Sentinels attack and history repeats for Magneto, but this time he realizes that people like him are the cause for likely events, genocides, and holocausts. Magneto should fight till the end for his dream and ideology and meet his faith.

IMO Cyclops should return and take his rightful place as the field leader of the team. I think that the event's that happened at the lake should not be fully explored in X4. Just say that Jean didn't kill him. That Jean took over Phoenix for a brief moment and put him to coma, as she did with herself, before doing something she would regret. Jean, with the help of her powers, manipulated her own consciousness and made Phoenix believe that Cyclops is dead.

If X-Men 4 does well, and yet concluding the whole plot from the previous three films, then X-Men 5 and on... should explore some other points, like is Cyclops that returned really Scott or a clone? Can Jean be resurrected from her ashes? Days of Future Past... Mr. Sinister, Hellfire Club, the Rise of Apocalypse... and so on with more complex and truer to the comics plot-lines.

Last edited:
I think it's definitely possible to bring back Cyclops via some retcon. We never actually saw him explode and Fox treats it's viewers like forgetful idiots who give them money.

Reshoot the scene at the lake, have Apocalypse or Sinister step in to absorb Jean's power for himself and kidnap Cyclops to be used as a Horseman. It sets up a new villain, demonstrates his power, saves Cyclops and explains why Jean was comatose right after.

Also, make contact with Jimmy Leech turn off "The Cure" for Rogue. She needs her powers back. And while we're at it, let them at least turn down Wolverine's healing factor. Like make him scream in agony over his body rejecting his skeleton and stuff.

That actually sounds like a great way of ret-conning Cyclops death in X3, have him return to the mansion and have the new Xavier read his thought and this is what we see, hence Jean being comatose, it would be a great way to bring Cyclops back and retcon some idiocy in X3.

I am unsure of an X4 to be honest, X3 was one of the worst movies I have seem and the most dissapointing movie of my lifetime for me, if it was as bad as that, I couldnt see myself going to see it. BUT, if they were to improve on X3 and approach X4 seriously, as well ret-conning certain things in X3, I would love to see it. I also think its time we saw more villains, Mr Sinister, Proteus or my personal choice, Apocalypse, would be fantastic.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear that Donner is at least entertaining the idea of an X4.:yay:

It's nice for diehards to see their favorite characters get the spinoff treatment but i think ultimately more people would rather go to see X4 than Deadpool, First Class or even Wolverine 2.

There's of course a wealth of source material to draw from and some pretty good ideas have been posted by fans for a sequel. If they can get the right director, writer and script, i could see the actors coming back.

Some people such as Ellen Page and Kelsey Grammer were signed up for possible sequels.So that's one less headache when planning such a movie.

Well, one thing the final scene in X3 with Magneto implied is that the cure only has a temporary effect on the more powerfull mutants. So Rogue may already have her powers back by the time this movie is (ever) made.

General public showed even more interest in all other mutants and all those pointless cameos than in Wolverine in his own film. I think that Wolverine outlived his popularity, with his overuse in 4 films until now. As we know Wolverine 2 is unavoidable, but let's try and put a stop to all those other spin-offs, if they are getting in the way of a new X-Men film.

I think people are bored of the Fox watered down Wolverine, we want the real savage animal, not the softy who cries all the time.

I don't care if they want to make films for kids, kids get bloody everything, let at aleast some comic characters be aimed towards the late teens onwards.

I'm glad to hear that Donner is at least entertaining the idea of an X4.:yay:

That woman will say anything to get us lot all worked up, her words are hollow and false.

Well, one thing the final scene in X3 with Magneto implied is that the cure only has a temporary effect on the more powerfull mutants. So Rogue may already have her powers back by the time this movie is (ever) made.

Oh God, I just wanna call BS on that. "Yeah, let's end the movie by contradicting THE MAIN FLIPPIN' PLOT POINT!" I dunno, have Polaris show up behind him and say "Just messin' with ya, dad." or something. Or just forget it ever happened. Absolutely forget it.

The only things I want for X4 are, cyclops(alive), cable, apocalyps and sinister, wolverine with a smaller role, prof.X in shape shifters body.

But here's my X4 intro, I was just brain storming.

"In a not too distant future"
(Fiery lands devastated area, a lot of destroyed vehicles non recognize able by our view )
{ We see a group of 4 mutants fighting each other, 3 large and 1 smaller one (it is difficult to make out details, only detail is that the smallest one has a shining silver arm). The smaller mutant is skilled and defeats the others with ease, he kneels down and delivers the final blow to the last mutant(camera slowley zooms in a little closer to the victorious mutant as he stands, we get a backside view of him to reveal he is shirt less revealing his arm to be, robotic and his hair white, he then looks over his shoulder, it is easy to tell he is an adolescent, and that he has a glowing eye.) }

If the last scene wasn't hinting at the possibility of the cure being temporary then I don't know what it's hinting at.

It will be interesting to have the cure failing and/or causing secondary mutation in mutants or even killing them.

I love New Mutants, but I don’t see it happening. I think it would be a bit redundant with regards to First Class, and I don’t envision Fox embracing the elements that make the New Mutants the New Mutants.

X-Men 4 shouldn’t be touched with a ten foot pole, not anymore.

I'm only going to look forward to these if Fox says they'll keep their hands off of it. Hopefully Iron Man 2, Thor & Cap can knock some sense into Fox. "Hmmm... Those movies are getting good reveiws & doing good at the box office for more than one weekend. Hmmm..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"