Lawrence Directing Snow and the Seven, Jet Li and Natalie Portman teaming up ?

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=22964

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
August 1, 2007

Francis Lawrence will direct Snow and the Seven, Walt Disney Pictures' live-action East-meets-West take on the "Snow White" fairy tale. Scott Rudin and Andrew Gunn are producing.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the fantasy adventure centers on a British girl being raised in 19th century Hong Kong. When she realizes her destiny is to conquer an evil force, she must prepare to fight by being trained by seven Shaolin monks.

The long-gestating project was originally written by Josh Harmon and Scott Elder. The current draft is by Scott Moore and Jon Lucas. The studio said the title of the project is only a working title and will change.

The studio is eyeing a start in 2008, with China being likely the site of the shoot.

Yuen Woon-ping is acting as the fight choreographer on the movie, which is being executive produced by Anthony Wong and Dede Nickerson.

Lawrence's feature credits include Constantine and the upcoming I Am Legend.

Interesting choice of project for Lawrence,cool to see Yuen Woon-ping involved

wow.

i like lawrence, and this sounds... well... interesting.

Hmm...this will either only slightly suck, with the wierd-ass idea making it watchable, or is just straight-up, laughable suck. :o

i'll have to see footage...

...cuz right now i can't imagine it. it sounds stupid...

Yeah.....that's a really good idea. There's no way a six-year old could have thought of that. No sir.

what's weird is that it's a Disney film.:huh:

WTF, a British snow white being raised in 19th century Hong Kong...wtf

This is so weird that....IT MIGHT TURN OUT TO BE AWESOME!

:confused:

It's YWP choreography, of course I won't miss it :(

Lawrence actually is a very good visual director, but I just hope it won't be another Disney's lackluster :(

Didn't see a thread for this. Might this be the best idea for a movie ever?

Wanna hear one wild and crazy rumour? Various sources around the web are reporting that Disney will be remaking their classic story Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs as a martial arts epic that takes place in colonial China. Jet Li and Natalie Portman are attached to star, with legendary choreographer Yuen Woo-ping in the director’s chair. The film’s budget is estimated at a cool $70 million. Don’t believe it? Well, the story is certainly gaining a lot of steam both in the American and Chinese media.

The new retelling (dubbed Snow and the Seven) is said to break down something like this: the evil stepmother of a young woman is trying to reclaim the scattered pieces of a magic mirror that has been guarded for thousands of years by the monks of a Shaolin temple. The temple sends seven warriors (led by Jet Li) to protect the young woman and the mirror. The script for the movie was even supposedly co-written by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Chabon. Despite how far-fetched it might seem, I can actually see Disney attempting something like this; they’ve been trying to break the mold lately with movies like the upcoming live-action film Enchanted. And considering the fairy tale nature that a lot of these martial arts flicks have, I think this is just crazy enough that it just might work. Thoughts?

http://www.filmjunk.com/2007/07/31/jet-li-and-natalie-portman-to-star-in-kung-fu-snow-white/

Suh-weeeeet. This sounds amazing. I cannot WAIT! :ninja: :up: :up:

RADICAL!!!!

SNOW: Some day my prince will come, now who wants to kick some old *****'s ass?!

If yes- count me in for ALOT of viewings of the film. :wow::wow::wow: :up:

Get real, this is Disney we're talking about.

Anyway, this movie sounds really awesome. I'm glad to see that Jet Li still has some butt kickin's left in him!

Can't wait until WAR! Now that's going to be a kick ass Jet Li movie. :):up:

Damn this is gonna be awesome! Disney makes some really good movies.

Get real, this is Disney we're talking about.

Anyway, this movie sounds really awesome. I'm glad to see that Jet Li still has some butt kickin's left in him!

Will Natalie Portman at least be engaging in any sexual acts with midgets?

Wow.... just when I thought this was a solid idea, it got hardened in stone. This film is going to blow my mind!

Yeah, you read that right. Lol. :up:

But, in all seriousness- should be good. Even if Portman doesn't do anything...

woah lol....... random much!?
sounds cool..
even though lee said NO MORE EPICS.................my ass

Yeah right, didn't Baz Luhrman do the same thing with Romeo & Juliet and wasn't it like the worst movie ever?

Depends on if you view Leonardo Dicaprio and John Lugozamo "dueling" each other by slamming their guns together, speaking Shakespearian English in modern-Miami while a choir of kids sing "When Doves Cry" as the worst movie ever. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"