The Dark Knight Lifting the Bat-Bells: Bale's Physique

Looking at any recent pictures of Bale (or the banned photos - if you've seen them), how do you rate his physique this time around.

Upgrade, downgrade. Or are you happy with it just the same.

had I seen the 'non-existent' photos, that is if they existed, I'd say Bale's physique is a bit disappointing . . . he's not as buff . . . even if he had a bit more body fat last time, he was right where he should have been . . . . Batman should be a little burly . . .

The man is way to skinny right now. He's Bruce Wayne, not Peter Parker. He doesn't have the luxury of super powers, I also expected him to be a bit more sinewy that TDK. And to the people that said give the guy a break, it's not like the guy gets paid 300,000 grand a year. He's probably making millions for these movies. He proved he could build up muscle for BB. He should be even more built for TDK.

Bale's face is the only thing we see in the suit anyways, and now he looks more like Batman/Bruce in the face so :)

I don't know . . . the first pic I saw of him in the suit, I noticed he was skinnier right away . . . his hair looks big; and he didn't fill the suit out quite like he should . . .

really, though I think he had the advantage of having a bit more body fat before he started shreading for Begins . . . most guys would kill to have Bale's metabloism . . . the guy lost a lot of fat quick . . . he should have almost done the same routine . . . get a little tubby and then bulk up the muscle . . . he can get naturally cut quick . . . but I don't think he had the luxury of time for that this time around, as he filmed like 3 movies back to back, first as a skinny POW, then as a normal-physiqued man (not a buff superhero)

I think a lot of people on this board are forgetting something.....

Different types of activities yeild different body physiques. A body builder lifts heavy weights and eats a ton of food to get big, then they lean out during competition session to lose body fat and get "ripped", but during most of the year, they are getting heavier and heavier (muscle and fat) from all the food they are eating.

Likewise, a marathon runner has very little muscle because all the running causes them to burn calories like crazy, therefore their body cannot contain the mass. It wouldn't matter how much food they ate. They burn and burn and burn and burn.

With that said, cardiovascular health is extremely important. I'm 23 yrs old and I'm a firefighter. One of the "jokes" that gets thrown around a lot is that the skinny guys who are big into jogging, swimming, biking (any cardiovascular exercise) "run circles" around the big, beefy muscular guys (who do little cardio, but lift BIG weights). When at a house fire, the skinny guys can keep going and going and going but the gigantic muscle-man gets tired by the time he reaches the front door. Sure, the skinny guy is nowhere near as strong, but it just shows that cardiovascular endurance is a big deal in the fire service.

Soooooo.....my point is, if Batman (or any superhero) existed in the real world, wearing that heavy suit, and jumping off roof tops, in reality, he would probably not be a 300lbs bodybuilder. He would be muscular, strong, for sure....but he would have to keep up his endurance, or else he would jump off one rooftop and then complain "I'm dead tired...that's it, I'm going home...."

The man is way to skinny right now. He's Bruce Wayne, not Peter Parker. He doesn't have the luxury of super powers, I also expected him to be a bit more sinewy that TDK. And to the people that said give the guy a break, it's not like the guy gets paid 300,000 grand a year. He's probably making millions for these movies. He proved he could build up muscle for BB. He should be even more built for TDK.
First of all. That wasn't a natural build up. I'd bet my life on it. He close to death apparently at the end of the Machinist. It's a safe bet for me that they put him on some sort of steroid, because medically you could give someone (in that state) steroids.

People don't gain much mass in 6 months. When Arnold was clean he said good gains were about 20 to 30 pounds in a year. Judging by Bale's schedule he probably had 3 or 4 months coming off of Rescue Dawn, 3:10 Yuma and I'm Not There. So yeah, I can cut him a break.

While I wished he would just pour all his time and energy in playing Batman, as an actor that is simply not sound. He has a career to further.

he looks great, although i think his best physique was in the batcave when he's setting up the lights/improving the batcave in BB. Still looks great, he's leaner, so at least this way no puffy in the suit.

I don't know . . . the first pic I saw of him in the suit, I noticed he was skinnier right away . . . his hair looks big; and he didn't fill the suit out quite like he should . . .

But if you listen to the interviews on disc 2 of BB, the trainer and fight coordinator said that they want someone lean, they didnt want Arnold to come walking through the door, but I do think his face looks better in the cowl, in Begins he looks like he's choking to death.

I don´t see that much of a difference. Well, he looked freaking huge in that ninja training, but he looks about the same using his Bruce Wayne playboy extraordinaire suit to me.
The thing is, he was so damn big when he started filming BB, even his face looked buffed, that now everyone think his is skinny.

Comparing some caps from bb with the on set pics from TDK:

bb348pp5.jpg

bb346sz1.jpg

On set pics:
10bwbbjd4.jpg

Bale is actually the only thing that I´m not worried about.

I noticed he looked slimmer in the face like in American Psycho. As for his actual physique...the pic with him wearing a black t-shirt with Alfred standing over him, his muscle looks pretty good there.
yup...

i said it before and i'll say it again... his build right now isn't any significantly different than how we saw him most of the time in BB...

the image that seems to be stuck into some people's minds is the beefy shirtless Bale which was OVER the weight he was supposed to be to fit into his costume...

but if you compare how he looks clothed (which is how we will be seeing him most of the time) before and now, there's BARELY a difference in his build...

so overall he looks great... the only thing i noticed about him is that he seems to have a darker streak to his look in this one... yes his facial features makes him look like he's teetering between Patrick Bateman and Cleric Preston...

^his hair looks bigger; his neck looks skinny, and that's a bad on set TDK pic . . . and I can still tell . . . I mean, I'm not gonna sit and b1tch about it, but he was the perfect size IMO, in BB

^All I'm saying is Bale could pass for the Joker w/ this physique . . . he really could

I don´t see that much of a difference. Well, he looked freaking huge in that ninja training, but he looks about the same using his Bruce Wayne playboy extraordinaire suit to me.
The thing is, he was so damn big when he started filming BB, even his face looked buffed, that now everyone think his is skinny.

Comparing some caps from bb with the on set pics from TDK:

On set pics:

Bale is actually the only thing that I´m not worried about.

agreed... i don't see any big difference while's he's in the suit... his hair looks longer... that's it...

you may want to show them the pic where he just got out of the bed while he was talking to Rachel on the morning of his birthday and also his last scenes with her just to prove to some of the hardheaded ones that the so called skinnier neck, blah, blah, etc... isn't any different to how he looks right now...

I think Bale will be and do just fine, better suit and a leaner Bale, could lead to a picture perfect performance of Wayne/Batman

It´s a profile pic from far.
Now does he look that skinny here?

06tdkpi0.jpg

he's fine, and I'm betting with no shirtless training shots this film, I have a feeling we wouldn't know the difference much either way

In the pics that shall not be mentioned he looks skinnier, but IMO he looks fine

Bale will get the job done, no doubt about it; it's not like "OMG, he's soooo fuackin skinny now!" but for knit-pikcy fanboys' sakes, he should be at the same physique (body fat included, I'm talkin the push-ups scene) or even a little more burly than he was in BB . . .

this bruce wayne look better

he has a tan unlike the bb one

it doesnt matter if he's not as big

its not the bloody comic book

I think they learned a lot form BB. Bale had too much muscle and had to trim down. He looked good in the push-up scene I thought.

I think after that experience they decided to tone him down so he would not look so big or dare I say “puffy” in the suit. This would also allow for more flexibility. Think about how big Bale was then put a big rubber suit on him, he was bound to look clunky. Him being thinner and the new suit makes for a sleeker more animal Batman. A fighter’s body is lean any way, and that’s what the Bat should have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"