List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Nice crescendo sig, Darkfly! That's cool!
You can add that Kilimer played Bruce Wayne...he was good in it!
And of course, Bale and Keaton on top, that's great

Walken was great just a normal human who wanted power but he was easily as nasty as Penguin, maybe worse.

I wuoldn't call Shreck worse than Penguin, simply because Shreck didn't try to kill babies.

Of course, it could be argued that his plot in the end WOULD have killed the babies, but I'm going by what happened. He's definitely as bad as Penguin, though. No denying.

Of all the redundant "destroy Gotham" plots, Returns appears to me as the second most valuable.

1. Begins : Ra's the ecoterrorist, brilliant, he calculated and thought of how he could in a way bring harmony to the world. He bases an opinion and respect it.
2. Returns : The Penguin, rejected freak, from passing to the light to fall back in it so hardly, wants to mark his unacceptance and make other share his fatality. Monstruous, at his image, but it's a matter of acceptance, apperances, animality, etc. Great.

3. 1989 : No reason. Napier's a sociopath, Joker's totally insane. Kill for laughs. Period. Not a very tough reason of why destroying Gotham here.

4. BF : Riddler wants to pump up Gotham's brains...weird, not offensive, gay, but it had some kind of point, if he wanted to be more intelligent. That's a good reason at least.

5. B&R : OMGWTFBBQ, destroy because he thinks Batman killed his wife..."humanity must suffer with me" "first, gotham, then, DA WOHLD!" huh...sure...ahem... LAME

B&R was crap but arnold wasnt too bad as freeze he was way better then Thurman as Ivy no offence to her but she isnt amazingly good looking or has a sultry sexiness Ivy should have.

Keep it on topic about "Returns" please...thank you... :yay:

I also loved the new Batsuit. I know some people are more biased about the 89 suit but I really like the deco approach Bob and Mary took to this one as per Tim's ideas. Very cool :up:

batman_returns.JPG

CFE

Something Batman Returns got right - it remembered that Catwoman is white/Caucasian.

Something Batman Returns got wrong - it forgot that Catwoman has black hair, not blonde hair.

Just keeping it on the subject of Returns. :cwink:

lol thanks Fate. I wasn't too terribly concerned with a Blonde Selina.

Just like I didn't have problems with a blonde Vicki Vale (she's a red head in the comics for those who didn't know.)

CFE

Keep it on topic about "Returns" please...thank you... :yay:

I also loved the new Batsuit. I know some people are more biased about the 89 suit but I really like the deco approach Bob and Mary took to this one as per Tim's ideas. Very cool :up:

batman_returns.JPG

CFE

i actually do prefer the Returns armored suit. more sleek. i like the 89 suit but for my money the Returs suit is more practical.

GoogleMe going bye bye if you use that slur again

I think it's really unfair to gang up on Joel Schumacher when Tim Burton didn't do the Caped Crusader any favors himself. I actually think that "Batman Forever" was an improvement over "Batman Returns" in part because it tried to distance itself from the twisted, overstuffed, and sinister aspect of Burton's mindset.

Lets see what Tim Burton brought to the table when it came to Batman:
*Batman is a supporting character in his own movies (this is especially the case in "Batman Returns", where he's overshadowed by Penguin, Catwoman and Christopher Walken)

*Batman brutally and intentionally kills his enemies with zero remorse. Tim Burton seemed to think that Batman should be some quirky, neurotic psycho with a death wish, not a heroic adventure, who is more altruistic in his goals.

*Making the Joker the killer of Bruce Wayne's parents instead of Joe Chill.

*Lando Calrissian as Two-Face. Since when was Harvey Dent ever a black man? Burton also envisioned Marlon Wayans as Robin.

*The Penguin as a bile spitting, mutant/sewer rat instead of the level headed, gentleman criminal as he was originally intended to be.

*Catwoman as a bipolar, ex-secretary, who mystically (and magically gains martial arts and gymnastic skills in the process) gets revived by alley cats after her boss pushes her out of the window.

*Batman being made to look like a complete doofus and tool in "Batman Returns" (especially by Catwoman).

*Not showing enough of what inspired Bruce Wayne to become Batman in the first place. All that we know is that his parents got killed in front of him, and now his a reclusive nerd, who wants revenge (he uses his guise as an outlet to beat people who look at him funny up) against the world.

Wow I wish I got to this thread sooner, what did I miss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"