Live action Hercules in the works at Disney

Ha, I have to give it to them. They know what to say to get a predictable response

Disney are pretty much SONY at this point..Just with more franchises and more money

From the french press where you can feel how, despite the numbers, much of the public is just fed up with the way Disney films are made :

"Russo brothers : "Hercules will also be a musical and thus share the unconventional approach of the original animated film. [...] You have to ask yourself how to shoot a musical today... the audience has been educated by TikTok... what are their expectations of a musical, what should it look like and what feelings should it generate? It can be fun to follow this trend and it should help us push the envelope a little more to design a modern musical."

These words attest to the Russo brothers' perfect understanding of a system. For them, the key is to apply to cinema the winning communication strategies of the moment, in order to guarantee the box-office success of their project. This is why we can easily compare, with a certain cynicism, the disposable videos once consumed present on social media and the Russo's cinema, anecdotal, certainly digestible, but far from being unforgettable."

Source : Hercule : le remake live-action des frères Russo va s'inspirer de TikTok (et ça fait peur)

They did once direct You Me & Dupree, lol.

Kind of harsh, but like that Gray Man movie was so strange. It felt like watching the imitation of an actual movie than watching an actual movie itself if that makes any sense. But not a parody...

This isn't a fair comparison I'm about to make, I'm aware, but the Russos did also direct some of the best episodes of Community. Their paintball episodes might be among the series' best.

This isn't a fair comparison I'm about to make, I'm aware, but the Russos did also direct some of the best episodes of Community. Their paintball episodes might be among the series' best.
Do we excuse Alan Taylor's failures as a feature film director despite his work on The Sopranos?

Did he work on The Sopranos? I've never watched that series, so I can't speak to his work there.

spongebob-fish.gif

They did once direct You Me & Dupree, lol.

Kind of harsh, but like that Gray Man movie was so strange. It felt like watching the imitation of an actual movie than watching an actual movie itself if that makes any sense. But not a parody...
Their Netflix stuff really feels like it was made by an AI.

The Russo brothers are like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day making a list of Andie McDowell's likes in order to manufacture the perfect date or in this case a blockbuster.

Does this have a release date? Shocked we haven't heard anything new regarding this.

God help them if Danny DeVito isn't Phil.

Egerton actually seems like a pretty fun choice for this. Why Hollywood continues to try to make pop singers a thing, I will never understand.

I mean, Hercules is supposed to be a tall dude and Egerton isn’t exactly that

I could've sworn she had done Meg's big song before, and turns out I was right:

Ari getting Meg was idk... I don't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"