LOST - But Not Forgotten...Except by the Emmys - Part 1

They didn't know they'd have six seasons until about halfway through season 3. But as far as Adam and Eve go, they knew they would be important characters that directly influenced the main cast being on the island. They probably didn't have Jacob and MIB as character pinned at that point, considering the first season they had no idea how long the show would last, if it even would.

Whatever the creators originally intended, it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. All that matters is if the finished product works on its own, and I think it does.

Well, because one page back we were talking about how some shows nowadays are trying to mimic the "LOST" formula... so are they going to plan far ahead as well, that's what I'm wondering

I thought that at first. But, Jacob and MIB were born on the island but the mother was about to give birth before she washed ashore. Ethan was born on the island but for all we know Amy could have spent much of her pregnancy off the island so as the baby would be not be terminated in the third trimester. We see her in 74 and then again in 77 when she is about to give birth. Claire would have died as she was in her third trimester but she got the injections she needed. If you get pregnant or come pregnant to the island during the early stages of your third trimester, your baby dies and so do you.

It also explains why mother had to bring a pregnant lady to the the island and why she just couldn't get pregnant herself. She could have just ran into the village and raped a guy, had a kid, and made him the leader. Same thing for Jacob. He could have just got a girl pregnant, took the kid, and raised him to become his replacement. It makes being the island's protector a little bit of a more secure/permanent job.

I'd imagine that some women could have given birth within the group of Romans in 'Across the Sea' considering the 30 yr period in which MIB lived with them. Then again, I was in too much awe that a single woman could annihilate an entire village to attempt to recognize whether or not there were other women within the tribe. I'll have to go back and check.

Also, there's no way those men would not be all over the women at some point. You'd think that MIB would have said something if they were dying out during pregnancy.

It explains why every civilization on the island has died out apart from Smokey killing the non candidates. They simply cannot reproduce and they get old and die out. When we see Widmore's camp when he was the leader of the Others, there were no kids running around and we know the Dharma folks were shipping people in. Even Miles who was born on the island could have been brought in after the cut off date to ensure that the baby and the mother lived through the delivery. If you are pregnant and on the island during a certain amount of days, the baby is aborted and the mother dies giving birth due to complications.

Plus the simple fact that the Egyptians built a statue to honor the god of fertility.

Last edited:
That certainly makes sense. The Island seems to be contradicting itself big time with the whole 'ability to conceive is 5x more likely here but the baby and mother will undoubtedly die in the process' type of deal.

What do you think about the mother demolishing the villagers? The most common theory seems to be that of her also being a smoke monster, but considering that she makes the rules on the island, she could have a number of ways to demolish them. I think that the reason MIB became a smoke monster is because Jacob believed that tossing his brother into the Source would give him a fate worse than death, coinciding with the 'you can't kill your brother' rule that may or may not have died with the mother (also a common theory). I guess the not killing your brother rule doesn't really apply here since he really just lost his flesh and blood body instead of dying himself if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
I remember thinking that Eloise aged horribly. She was so hot when she was young.

[YT]18RWWMqSxKg[/YT]
I can't tell if that's Cusick trying to do an American accent or not...

Tomorrow, the 23rd (in America at least) is the series finale for the show. Sad, but bitter sweet day. I honestly never missed a TV show until LOST stopped airing. :(

Since it's the eve of the anniversary of the finale, why don't we post some of our favorite scenes from the show? Here's one of mine:

[YT]-OBo9fQbJ8M[/YT]

One year without LOST.

Has it really been that long?
normal_solitary146.jpg

Happy anniversary. That means obligatory smecks from Evangeline:o

I miss you LOST. Come back to me! *sobs*

I miss the speculation. I miss being wrong. I miss the waiting. But most of all, I miss seeing Terry O'Quinn. Why the hell isn't he doing more?

Are any of the LOST people even doing anything now?

Michael Emerson is in a new show this fall, actually looks decent. JJ and Jonathan Nolan are involved:
[YT]gV1vPuVRyGg[/YT]

As someone pointed out Emerson has a new show. O Quinn had a pilot but it wasnt picked up :(. Fox is going to be in the new Alex Cross movie. Holloway is going to be in the new Mission Impossible. Lilly just had a kid and is going to be in Real Steel.

As someone pointed out Emerson has a new show. O Quinn had a pilot but it wasnt picked up :(. Fox is going to be in the new Alex Cross movie. Holloway is going to be in the new Mission Impossible. Lilly just had a kid and is going to be in Real Steel.
Garcia has a new show with Abrams on Fox. Carbonell has a new show with Sarah Michelle Geller on the CW. Althought I am kinda happy O'Quinn's show wasn't picked up. He was the only thing going for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"