LOST - But Not Forgotten...Except by the Emmys - Part 1

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Lip Registered

Seeing this huge amount of shows getting a reboot, revival, prequel, spin-off, etc... I'm surprised there no words on a Lost reboot/revival.

2. MadVillainy C'mon Son

This is probably the wrong thread to ask this question...but has LOST stood the test of time. I feel like I barely hear it mentioned anymore or remembered that fondly (not saying it's hated just not brought up much. Is the demand there?

Maybe that's why we haven't heard any news on it?

3. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Personally I feel 10 years is too short of a time for a reboot. I loved Lost from beginning to end but I think the show should just stay as it is…in the past.

4. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

Yeah, Lost is one of the last hugely popular shows left that hasn't had some sort of reboot or sequel series/movie. It might be because of the mixed reaction to the finale (although that was nothing compared to the reaction to GOT's final season) but in this case I think they can let sleeping dogs lie.

5. Doctor Jones Super Moderator

Let it be. Sure there's advantages to it being a Hulu show, less episodes, maybe more planning all the way through, but I have a feeling it will all be created in order to not get the reaction the original series had and will just suffer the same fate as many stuff these days. It will be a mixture of fan service and safe, bland storytelling. As imperfect as it was, part of Lost's charm was its imperfections from the same ambition that made it so inspired. Now it's a safe bet and would just be "content."

If Lindelof and Cuse came back and made a one off miniseries with the Watchmen and Leftovers writers, then I'd be open.

6. Sawyer High King

I still think the best way to go about a LOST reboot/revival/what-have-you is to approach it like Shyamalan’s SPLIT. Do something that can completely stand on its own and then in the final moments of the pilot, hit the audience with the big connection.

The problem with that is that it stands counter to every instinct the industry has for drawing viewers to a new show, so they would undoubtedly be shouting “The Island! Oceanic! DHARMA! NEW SMOKE MONSTER!?!?!” for months on end before the thing even airs.

Drizzle likes this.
  7. Lip Registered

I tried rewatching lately and couldn't go past S01.

Lost was considered diverse back when it aired, but it bothers me that their concept of diversity doesn't include queer people. However, that was not the reason I stopped rewatching. I think Lost was an experience. It was a game changer in how they engaged the audience, etc... I think that was a major part of the appeal.

Anyway, like I said, seeing all of those shows getting reboot/revivals, I'm shocked Disney is not pushing it for their streaming service.

8. MadVillainy C'mon Son

Yeah idk I kinda agree. Lost was an experience and it was something that captured that moment in time. I don't see any evidence that a reboot would be able to recapture that.

Not saying Disney will never do a revival or reboot but it's not like they need the content. Maybe for Hulu

9. Lip Registered

Idk, i heard something about Disney wanting to expand their content, because right now it's just star wars and marvel.

I don't know

10. VictusMortuus Registered

I think there’s a lot of potential in expanding the universe. You could do a series set during Hurley as the new Jacob, or a set on a completely different location. What if the island isn’t the only place like it?

11. DyeLorean will return

The world they created is big enough to allow other stories to happen without stepping into what they've already done. Lots of different locations and characters and time periods and mysteries and things they hinted at. It's a tough act to follow (Lost is one of my favorite shows of all time without question), but I do miss the absorbing mystery atmosphere of the show.

12. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

My dream is for them to release a new show like this only for the big twist to be that it's a sequel series to Lost.

Erik20 likes this.
  13. Sawyer High King

Then they should’ve acted on it! :argh:

MilkmanDan likes this.
  14. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

That’s what fan fiction is for :o

15. Sawyer High King