Lost (new viewers)

just by chance i managed to catch episode 3 of the new season and missed out on the first two which i will have to watch on sunday...

very interesting considering but there does seem to be a lot of drama being built up over potentially nothing.

there's too much emphasis on suspense and it's supposed to make the viewer die to know what's going on but to be honest, i feel it's just as easily putting people off the show.

the show has a rewatchable factor in just knowing where all the early clues were planted in the show but on an enjoyment level, i think it's lacking. once the major suspense is relieved than all we are left with is a mild bunch of people living an unrealistic existence when threatened with a really bad crisis.

the first 2 were interesting to day the least.

They were interesing I was expecting more though to be honest. I was a bit piffed at the constant flashbacks but I still enjoyed finding out what was in the hatch.

Has anyone seen the raft episode yet?

right, i managed to watch the first two episodes yesterday so it all kinda fits into what i watched in the third ep....

to be fair what's happened in the first three eps could have been summed up in one crazy packed open ep, it seems the flashbacks are really slowing the pace of the eps down but whatever at this point.

not keen on all the flashback and retelling of old pieces to encoporate story since it didn't happen in the first series at all but what can you do...

i Will ask this of those who like the show and have a keen eye.

did any of you in the 'Adrift ep' when sawyer and micheal were on the raft. There was a close up of the shark underwater swimming infront of the camera.

did you catch that it had a logo attached to its back fin, the same logo that is being worn by desmond?

i find this semi interesting and i'm not sure why none of you picked this up, kinda like the shark was genetically engineered or something.

personally i thought the shark wasn't even real, i thought it was a secret submarine until shots from michael caused it to draw blood.

saying this the blood didn't stain the water too much no did the shark show any signes of dismay so i feel it may be some sort of vessel stil and it may have hit someone within.

i'm also worried by the amount of food left in the storage part of desmond's little bit and there is no way there is enough room to sustain one person (let alone two for a considerably amount of time, bah.

also the chocolate bars were called apollo bars and there were pictures of a sun on desmond's wall. I wonder if that is the same picture that michael had drawn in the first series or maybe something walt would have done, my memory isn't sharp on details like that so i'm wondering if any of you guys had a better idea on this.

I picked up the logo on the shark, I didn't post it as it was a spoiler. I also didn't think it was a shark until we saw blood, although I'm not too convinced it is. The flashbacks annoyed me quite a bit, we saw the whole Jack/Locke/Desmond sequence about twenty times! Questions about food will be answered in episodes soon.

it wasn't a spoiler, adrift was shown on the first night on terrestrial, all the uk peeps would have technically got to see it.

I didn't realise, I couldn't remeber what episode it was. I'm sure we'll learn about the significance of the logo later on in the season.

I keep forgetting when they are on, I enjoyed the series and being as my brother took the DVD off me I'm planning to watch them on TV. To refresh my memory and so I know exactly what everyone is talking about.

I do have to say although it was inevitable and completely obvious, it was great to see Bernard alive on the other side of the island.

JIN, MICHAEL and SAWYER are the dream team, far more interesting than sayeed locke, kate and jack.

they advertised that whole JIN talking in ENglish part so much, i thought it was going to be something HUUUGE but it ended up just being a dream sequence, blah

I like the dynamic between Jin, Michael and Sawyer, it does make for an interesting watch. The situation brings Sawyer into the group where he wants/is used to being the loner/rebel. I think Locke and Jack are over used, especially Jack. I understand he is the leader but I find him quite boring and would rather see the spotlight shared out.

How many episodes are in series 1 and is it worth £30 on DVD?!......

The Storm said:
I like the dynamic between Jin, Michael and Sawyer, it does make for an interesting watch. The situation brings Sawyer into the group where he wants/is used to being the loner/rebel. I think Locke and Jack are over used, especially Jack. I understand he is the leader but I find him quite boring and would rather see the spotlight shared out.
jack is supposed to be the character the viewer associates with, the one with the least freaky background, the grounded one i suppose of the group, the show is through his eyes and he's trying to be the rational one, hence that's why he's in it so much, it's practically his show but because he needs to be grounded for a relative point of view, it means they can't really spread out his background that much.

all off the backflashes we've had of him, they have all been trying to re-emphasise the same point rather than give the character some more depth.

man of science, hates his father, blah blah blah....

I understand that we are supposed to associate with him, but I still find him quite dull. I haven't found any of his flashbacks that interesting, I haven't learnt anything new from them.

well the season has finished....

Hmm... i thought the ending was a little weak in comparison to the way the last season ended even though i wasn't too big a fan of that...

it was quite clear that the button had something to do with the plane crash landing originally i thought, although whether this is true or not, who knows....

I wasn't expecting micheal and his son to be left alone, i thought the boat would be blown up or something.

all in all, a lil meh...

it was a shame that we didn't get to see any flashbacks of elizabeth even though some new members like Eko got two to himself.

overall, the mystery of the programme has kinda gone down in this series and there is also less of an emphasis of anyone actually wanting to go anywhere and do anything...

it's gone a lil stale. let's see what they can do this time...with this series. Still a bit of a shame they spend a series introducing all these new members and they all end up dying within the duration of the series, meh...

I liked season two more then one.
It had a lot more in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"