Lost (new viewers)

The Storm

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know there is a thread already going on for Lost but it contains spoilers for those who are new to the show. Lost is in its fourth episode (5th on E4) in the UK but I'm not sure where else it has just aired.

So here is our disscussion thread for Lost. Do you have any favourite characters yet? Any thoughts on the actual island? What do you like about the show so far?

Jack and Kate better bang, goddamnit.

HAHA

I saw a Lost special on E4 and it showed clips of episodes we haven't seen yet and Kate was getting it on with Sawyer!! I hope her and Jack do hook up though.

I actually don't particularly like Jack. I don't hate him by any means, but I just feel indifferent toward him. Kate I much prefer, and I also quite like the pregnant girl.

I noticed they've been gradually toning down the beastness the past couple of episodes. I'm wondering whether that will rear it's ugly head once more.

I welcome you all to the greatness that is The LOST World!!

Sit back! I can assure you, it'll be a bumpy ride!! :D

Do yourselves a huuuuge favor! Do NOT let yourselves get spoiled ahead of time about this show!! You will ruin a lot of the fun that way!

I again welcome you to that which is the object of my obsession. And I will truly love reading up on this thread to see people's reaction to this show from "virgin eyes".

I know some potential spoilers as well. I've stopped watching E News Live because it filled with spoilers!! We get it a few days after the US so during Desperate Housewives I didn't watch it.

The pregnant women hasn't been in the last two episodes. I want to see more of Boone and Shannon, I want to see there back story. I really enjoyed the back story of the Korean couple.

I don't really like Lost too much, it kills an hour of my week and i do watch it, but it doesn't have me gripped, and there isn't really any character on the show that i like or dislike more then the others, they all seem pretty ordinary...

sure their back stories are bound to provide some interests, but what really gets me is the organisation of themselves as a group in such a desparate situation.

no one seems right....

Odin's Lapdog said:
I don't really like Lost too much, it kills an hour of my week and i do watch it, but it doesn't have me gripped, and there isn't really any character on the show that i like or dislike more then the others, they all seem pretty ordinary...

sure their back stories are bound to provide some interests, but what really gets me is the organisation of themselves as a group in such a desparate situation.

no one seems right....

Now, I'm not one to question someone else's opinion on a tv show or anything but...are we watching the same show??

Lost is pretty boring...

what happens on the island? Nothing, it's not even organised.

They'v been on a deserted island for ages, and no one is thinking about their loved ones at home, or whether they had to get to a meeting or if they're doors were locked etc.

besides a pregnant woman gets on a plane, and we all know they won't let you fly in such a condition, whether this is explained in her flashback or not will come to be realised.

The show isn't about people trying to deal with a disaster of a plane crash, but rather a slow and mundane unravelling of a (expected) boring tale about the mystery of the island and the people stuck on it.

It's certainly not the best show on the television on at the moment, let alone the best new current trend in my eyes. I get nothing out of it...

No one has really cried yet on the island, and they are all still acting like individuals, blah blah...

i could go on...

I thought they had only been there a few days. I can't believe you don't find it interesting, probably the most original show in years. All we seem to have is crime, hospital and courtroom dramas.

I'm loving it, can't wait for tonight's episode.

they have been there for over 8 days i believe.

i watch it on e4 as well

so on the first day it aired in the uk, i watched three shows back to back and to be honest it got tiresome, and didn't leave me wanting more afterward.

I watch it on E4 as well, did the same with Depserate Housewives. Didn't manage to catch the first two episodes so I missed the plane crash.

desparate housewives is another show i can't stand, the level of non-realism is too much...

ugh, i hate that show, you miss one episode and find out a million impossible things have happened.

They certainly don't make shows like they used to...

Thank the lord for Six feet under which is leaps and bounds better than lost, it's the only new (ish) series on television that i make sure i watch...

although i will watch lost tonight, i shall only watch the newer one of e4

The Storm said:
I thought they had only been there a few days. I can't believe you don't find it interesting, probably the most original show in years. All we seem to have is crime, hospital and courtroom dramas.

I'm loving it, can't wait for tonight's episode.

There's an episode tonight? Huh.

Channel 4 - 10pm or E4 11pm. E4 is a week ahead.

When will Jack and Kate get it on?! Although there is some tension between her and Sawyer as well.

they will drag it out as long as people are stil watching for a series or two, and then he will probably find out what she went to jail for, and it may be some twist that someone on the island killed jack's father or something equally predictable like that

and consider this

if that drug addict guy found it so easy to give up just after a day and a half, why do other druggies have to put themselves in clinics for months and months on end, it's totally bogus. surely you can see where i'm coming from on the whole realism part of things

Odin's Lapdog said:
they will drag it out as long as people are stil watching for a series or two, and then he will probably find out what she went to jail for, and it may be some twist that someone on the island killed jack's father or something equally predictable like that

and consider this

if that drug addict guy found it so easy to give up just after a day and a half, why do other druggies have to put themselves in clinics for months and months on end, it's totally bogus. surely you can see where i'm coming from on the whole realism part of things
Charlie is in a very unique situation. Unlike people in the real world, his drug supply is going to run out shortly anyway, after which there'll be no more, and he'll have to give up anyway. Aside from that, he has a doctor willing to help, and did a few things that helped him recognised his worth as a man. I actually liked the way they dealt with Charlie. I felt for him as a viewer.

if i had two ciggerettes left on an island, i would certainly smoke them before contemplating anything else...

the whole 'well, i'm not getting anymore, might as well use up the last of this and get on with the situation at hand' is more likely the approach i would have taken, and probably most other addicts.

please use spoilers, there are people reading this that don't have e4 and have to wait a week to realise what we are talking about..

*insert what you want in here and put a square bracket at the very end next to the R*[/spoiler

When she ran to him and hugged him I was screaming kiss for f***s sake!! I hope it doesn't get dragged out too long. Everyone is aware of their attraction to each other

What the hell happened to Claire (the pregnant woman)?!

As for characters, I liked the Japanese guy (don't remember his name off-hand) and Jack.

By the way, I think I remember hearing that Paul Dini was somehow involved with the show (I think it was on an advertisement for some con or something). Is he a writer or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"