Justice League Lounge of Justice - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Danny Elfman's Spiderman score at work...what happened to this guy? His music used to be so damn good. His Spidey score's almost on par with his Batman ones.

So I’ve been thinking of the James Gunn stuff. As a person even at an early age it’s a stupid thing to say but if the guy is genuinely sorry then I think a public apology should be enough. He’s explained that it was his style of humour etc.

As a parent though i am disgusted. Pedo jokes are simply not funny and never have been.

I do think we should just let it go though now. He’s apologised and I don’t think he will say it again.

This video is says a lot of what I think about "offensive humour"

[YT]ti2bVS40cz0[/YT]
(contains strong language)

Humour and offence are subjective.

dmsu9fj974b11.jpg

eFXpFY4.gif

So I’ve been thinking of the James Gunn stuff. As a person even at an early age it’s a stupid thing to say but if the guy is genuinely sorry then I think a public apology should be enough. He’s explained that it was his style of humour etc.

As a parent though i am disgusted. Pedo jokes are simply not funny and never have been.

I do think we should just let it go though now. He’s apologised and I don’t think he will say it again.

The thing about the current world we live in is that, even something like this that's not as serious in comparison to actual sexual harassment/rape cases (particularly in social media sites *cough* Twitter *cough*) will still be treated as such and not be easily forgotten. They will still treat James Gunn as if he was accused of sexual assault and rightfully convicted of it when that's clearly not the case. It seems the guy has a very risqué sense of humor which a lot of people don't, so that comes into play too.

And I'm not saying he shouldn't be reprimanded in some way for this, not at all. Heck, he already apologized for it, but c'mon. Putting him in the same category as people who've actually inflicted abuse onto others and deeming him as such is mindnumbingly preposterous and hyperbolic, not to mention it diminishes the real damage actual victims suffer and makes the #MeToo movement start to look toxic.

Heck, just look what happened to Henry Cavill.

People overreacting to things and bashing people for making even the tiniest mistakes, past or present is the norm now, it seems. Let's face it, we've all said stupid crap at some point in our lives, so should others honestly treat us as if we killed/sexually assaulted someone because of it? Because of a point in time where we had a different and perhaps a more immature mindset? Of course they shouldn't, yet here are.

This is just the society we're heading towards, and it's honestly just a sad state of affairs.

Listening to Danny Elfman's Spiderman score at work...what happened to this guy? His music used to be so damn good. His Spidey score's almost on par with his Batman ones.

yea, i been rewatching the first raimi spider-man on blu-ray.

when the music came up, i thought the same thing. lol.

i think he's just going through the motions now just to collect a paycheck - i suppose that happens to quite a bit of people once they been on the job for decades. his stuff for JL is a good indicator of that - it don't even sound like he tryin...

The thing about the current world we live in is that, even something like this that's not as serious in comparison to actual sexual harassment/rape cases (particularly in social media sites *cough* Twitter *cough*) will still be treated as such and not be easily forgotten. They will still treat James Gunn as if he was accused of sexual assault and rightfully convicted of it when that's clearly not the case. It seems the guy has a very risqué sense of humor which a lot of people don't, so that comes into play too.

And I'm not saying he shouldn't be reprimanded in some way for this, not at all. Heck, he already apologized for it, but c'mon. Putting him in the same category as people who've actually inflicted abuse onto others and deeming him as such is mindnumbingly preposterous and hyperbolic, not to mention it diminishes the real damage actual victims suffer and makes the #MeToo movement start to look toxic.

Heck, just look what happened to Henry Cavill.

People overreacting to things and bashing people for making even the tiniest mistakes, past or present is the norm now, it seems. Let's face it, we've all said stupid crap at some point in our lives, so should others honestly treat us as if we killed/sexually assaulted someone because of it? Because of a point in time where we had a different and perhaps a more immature mindset? Of course they shouldn't, yet here are.

This is just the society we're heading towards, and it's honestly just a sad state of affairs.

Yeah that would be way too far. The “I’m offended” generation will go after him with pitch forks when the reality is he’s made some disgusting stupid jokes many years ago. Like I said he’s apologised and explained so everyone should just move on.

"Aximili86
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days."

Oh, the familiar feelings and memories. :funny: What was his "a few days/actually a month" downfall?

This video is says a lot of what I think about "offensive humour"

[YT]ti2bVS40cz0[/YT]
(contains strong language)

Humour and offence are subjective.

My boy Pie. That goosestepping in the end is sure going to cause some problems. :hehe:

I gotta say, man... After a long ass week at work, I’m ready to just kick back and enjoy all that comic con goodness

I gotta say, man... After a long ass week at work, I’m ready to just kick back and enjoy all that comic con goodness

Same here mate, been awful I’ve had a poorly dog, found out my boss (who I really like) is leaving and on top of that hay fever is kicking my arse. So ready for the weekend and all the comic con goodies :woot:

You can't. It is scientifically impossible.

Broseidon ftw.

Yeah, Jason Momoa is like that frat bro who would sneak you into the house parties and let you chug beers in his room. Like he'd genuinely want to play ultimate frisbee, but would also be down to help you study if you couldn't make it.

Ya'll think we ever seeing another DBZ live action flick? I still can't believe we got something that bad. It makes GL movie seem like a goddamn masterpiece in comparison.

[YT]NzZ421uaX-Q[/YT]

I'd love for this to happen. That's a lot of ground to cover cinematically though.

I'd love for this to happen. That's a lot of ground to cover cinematically though.

Start from the beginning with Dragon Ball and you have the perfect action adventure film right there.

I haven’t watched DBZ in about 15 years

But yeah they’d have to do at least 5 or 6 movies to cover most of Z. Namek saga, Cell saga, android saga, majin buu. Starting off with dragon ball would make it like a 10-20 year thing. That seems crazy ambitious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"