BvS MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

i agree i think we need an actor who is well respected and known like a fassbender or a gosling for example

no unknown like cavill or hemsworth as much as i love them

It will probably be the most scrutinized role. Cavil is perfect as the latest incarnation of Superman. The new Batman has to match Cavil's physicality, his presence onscreen. The new Batman has to be perfect too.

The major call would be the casting of the new Batman. If he isn't well received, he would just singlehandedly drag down the MoS and DCU franchises.

It doesn't matter who WB hires, it's still going to be an uphill battle since TDK Trilogy has recently come to an end. Bale WAS Batman to millions and millions out there. How do you overcome an obstacle like that? Get a great actor, design a new 'badass' Batsuit, and craft eye-popping, bone-crunching fight scenes.

The major call would be the casting of the new Batman. If he isn't well received, he would just singlehandedly drag down the MoS and DCU franchises.

The casting of Batman is near the last thing I'm worried about.

tumblr_mjiz54Cwi21qg4blro1_500.gif

tumblr_mpu9w0ubdU1r1mr1po1_500.gif

I feel like Zack will cast an actor who FEELS the most like the comics, and bring to life some of the iconic visuals. I love the redesign for MOS. I'm sure he can find a similar redesign for Batman.

It's the writing I'm worried about. And the pacing, but I don't care about that as much as some.

I think it will be 70/30 favoring Superman. He will be the one to save the day with Batman's help and the two coming together to establish their trust and friendship...
Sounds perfect.

Of course you'll get a scene with two two fighting but with no apparent winner. If there's one it will be Superman whopping Batman since this is their first encounter. Once Batman learn's Sup's weakness he'll be able to beat him one time. :woot:
Sounds possible lol.

It doesn't matter who WB hires, it's still going to be an uphill battle since TDK Trilogy has recently come to an end. Bale WAS Batman to millions and millions out there. How do you overcome an obstacle like that? Get a great actor, design a new 'badass' Batsuit, and craft eye-popping, bone-crunching fight scenes.

I think with Snyder behind the lens, these are dead certs really. And I'm cautiously optimistic about the new Batman because MoS' cast was great. And Zack generally cast his characters well.

I say set this movie around 5 years or so after Man Of Steel. Have Batman be established. But this is the first time the two meet. That way they can then do an origin Batman prequel with the new Batman & say Bruce was busy doing his traveling the world thing. While the events of Man Of Steel happened. That way both Batman origin & Man Of Steel sequel can come out at the same time a year or two later

The casting of Batman is near the last thing I'm worried about.

tumblr_mjiz54Cwi21qg4blro1_500.gif

tumblr_mpu9w0ubdU1r1mr1po1_500.gif

I feel like Zack will cast an actor who FEELS the most like the comics, and bring to life some of the iconic visuals. I love the redesign for MOS. I'm sure he can find a similar redesign for Batman.

It's the writing I'm worried about. And the pacing, but I don't care about that as much as some.
snyder always is great with casting with actors who are that character brought to life
tumblr_m5lc4gDijD1rv6qbdo1_500.gif

tumblr_lumyvqia7T1ql0l7mo1_500.gif

Please no to Gosling. I'm not sure I could make it through a movie with Batman sounding like that.

An interesting article I read sometime ago that sums up my feeling about the legacy left from the Dark Knight Returns

Clearing Up A Misconception About Frank Miller's Portrayal of Superman in Dark Knight Returns

I never liked Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns. Yes, I know it's critically acclaimed. Yes, I know it's technically excellent, and yes, I know it has stunning iconography and was revolutionary for the history of comics and one of its mainstay characters. Yes, I know its effect and how much we owe it. I just never liked it.

Part of the reason for my dislike of it is precisely because of its long-term effect. I don't have to go on and on about how it made Batman one-dimensional for the next twenty years; but what is oft-forgotten is his effect on that other icon, Superman. You see, in The Dark Knight Returns, Frank Miller portrays Superman as a government puppet, one that is happy to obey the government so long as he can do some good.

DKR.jpg

The reason I hate this is because, since Dark Knight Returns is held with such high canonical praise, it therefore gives off the wrong impression about Superman, and since Dark Knight Returns is a common "first" comic for a lot of people, it's an impression that lasts.

Because of the story's effect, too, it started off a whole trend of "Batman beating Superman" stories, all the way from Batman: Hush to Superman: Red Son. This then gets a lot of people saying - factually - that Superman will always play second fiddle to Batman. As if being made to look like a puppet isn't enough, he's also made to look incompetent. Folks, there's an adage: Dog bites man, that's not a story. Man bites dog, that's a story. There is no story when Superman beats Batman - any such scenes last about a panel.

The story is if Batman beats Superman. It worked in Dark Knight Returns not just because of the symbolism associated with each hero by the narrative, not their intrinsic concepts, but also because it was a first. At this rate, however, it's getting diluted. After all, if you have five stories where Superman gets his ass kicked by Batman, what's the point of making a sixth?

What makes this frustrating for me is that this was never what Miller actually intended. I have in front of me a copy of Wizard #64, dated December 1996, in which Frank Miller was interviewed regarding The Dark Knight Returns' tenth anniversary. In it, he says, and I quote, "The most questionable thing I did was make Superman a government agent. If this had been a Superman story, I'd never have done that - and I know that, because I have a Superman story I want to tell someday. In this story, Batman was the hero, so the world was built around him."

In other words, the portrayal of Superman is modified to fit Miller's Batman-centric story, which is completely understandable. It's something that's done often, especially in shared universes - how many times has Batman himself been made to look like a jerk just to make Hal Jordan look good? To add to that, the symbolism is so much more effective with Superman - if it had been anyone else, it wouldn't have been as powerful, and maybe Frank Miller's masterpiece, The Dark Knight Returns, might not have been as well remembered as it is... and who knows what the landscape of comics would look like in that event?

Source: http://www.comicscube.com/2010/05/clearing-up-misconception-about-frank.html

I agree. A recast acceptance is gonna be an uphill climb no matter what. That's why the actor is so important . Millions and Millions saw Pierce Brosnan as Bond before Daniel Craig took over the role, which pissed off many people.

Now you'd be hard pressed to find someone claiming it was a mistake for Sony to walk away from Brosnan and pick Craig .

Its a challenge Snyder and Co have , but not impossible. Its been done successfully several times before.

And that no talent Joe M from TB was close to getting MOS.

People keep saying that, but I'm not sure that's actually true. As I understand it, Joe never actually got to test for MOS. I believe someone just asked Snyder about Joe in an interview and he said he really likes him as an actor, but that was it. I don't believe he was ever seriously considering him, because he made it pretty clear that Cavill was leaps and bounds ahead of any other candidates.

Still think this guy should be considered. Especially after Fast 6.
Luke+Evans+Relativity+Media+Presents+World+r29lanoAOTXx.jpg

They already got the suit colours right.

i want an older Bruce and my choice is Josh Brolin a great actor and a big name with an oscar nomination who looks alot like bruce and can be a charismatic funny playboy type but also tough and badass
josh_brolin_as_batman_by_poumap-d60nl1w.jpg

looks a lot as BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES... HOW OLD IS HE?

What I mean is don't quote me and put words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say Superman would or would not do something. Whether he is Superman or not it was a horrible scene and would be horrible if anyone else did it. Screw whoever is watching I'm not letting any of my parents die without a fight, message he damned.

Sam Worthington has got to be one of the worst actors ou right now, he must have went to acting school with Kristen Stewart or perhaps he was the teacher and she learned from him. 1. Face blank 2. Voice monotone 3. No emotion in eyes

That was my opinion... He's not even Supes yet... then when I see that scene dramatical... It has a point... The sacrifice of pa´kent to in the future Clark take a decision...

hmmmm... 1st time i read the news i was like mixed feeling about superman/batman for the official sequel of MOS. I like everyone else who like MOS 2, thinking that the portion of time and scenes to explore Clark/Kal-El character will be split and shared with Bruce Wayne/Batman, and that not include if there will be Lex Luthor or other superman/batman villain. If WB choose this route, meaning the story will be focus on Superman, Batman, and unknown villain... There should be another villain, right? i am not gonna see superman vs batman alone. if i want that i rather play injustice then see the movie. This route will eventually cut big portion for Clark relationship with Lois, Perry, Lombard, etc.

but then... i read some articles about how WB should not take the same route with Marvel. i am not entirely agree with that. but the article have something to say. Its true that WB should not take the same route wth Marvel... bcoz there will be not anough time and it will also bring repetitive feeling. I meant back then in 2006 when Batman Begins, Superman return, Spiderman, Iron Man announce... the excitement is really unbelieveable. but now... i kind of get used to see that kind of movie. I meant its just like Ohhh... its another superhero movie. Thats what i felt when i saw captain america and thor. the avengers is another surprise bcoz ... well actually its the 1st superhero team up movie i ever saw on theater, except x-men off course.

So it made me thinking... how about if the route WB take is kind of "dynamic duo style"? i meant they will show superman-batman, superman wonder woman, batman-green arrow, probably flash-green lantern or perhaps superman-green lantern. i know we won't get anough origin story for each character. But it may serve well for "complicated" character with "complicated origin", i.e wonder woman. I am not purposing that WB should take this route to all DC character. Flash can have stand alone story, i guessed. Green Lantern already have, eventhough its not really well received or considered to be a flop. But the idea of this "dynamic duo style", starting with Superman Batman, is probably lie down the foundation for "more focused on team-up superhero movie". The contrast and the flow betwean superman and batman will be shown in full power, if it done right. (they should done it right!!!! bcoz i myself can,t believe right now that i sound to defending their idea).
This route will define how DC character explored. and this route will mark how DC superhero being told. Team Up. not solo. i hope you got what i meant. And this is what made it different with Marvel superhero movie.

I'm not a Luke Evans fan, but I agree he would look decent in the suit.

400-phillip-winchester-strike-back-interview-06092011-medium_new.jpg

Philip Winchester for new Batman please.

I agree with this. Winchester would be epic. He has to, HAS TO play a superhero at some point. He looks like he stepped out of a comic book.

Guys, it's not Man of Steel 2. WB wrote: "NEXT DC SUPER HERO MOVIE IN PRE-PRODUCTION Director Zack Snyder Unites Superman and Batman in One Explosive New Film."

It's basically Batman vs Superman or how you wanna call that.

I hope MOS: Superman/Batman is similar to Lex Luthor Man of Steel comic. Batman with kryptonite, prep time, and still was defeated by Superman. They need to make Superman boss to get folks to believe that Superman isn't Batman's B#### and the reason why he is the leader of the future JL movie. I hope this movie isn't all about Superman vs Batman but a team up to show us why they are two of the greatest hero of all times.

Here's a video about the whole Batman vs Superman. Click if only you want to see it.

i want an older Bruce and my choice is Josh Brolin a great actor and a big name with an oscar nomination who looks alot like bruce and can be a charismatic funny playboy type but also tough and badass
josh_brolin_as_batman_by_poumap-d60nl1w.jpg

For some reason he really looks like Steven Seagal to me... I just ruined everything. Batman had nipples, he can't have a pony tail?

Guys, it's not Man of Steel 2.

Actually, it IS an MoS sequel; about half the cast from MoS has been confirmed to return for this film, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that even more of MoS's cast signs on to reprise their roles as we get closer and closer to official production beginning.

Please no Brolin. I like him, but not for Batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"