The Amazing Spider-Man Marc Webb to return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so many people would blame Raimi if he didn't write the movie...

I bet most people didn't even know he cowrote the movie, they're just saying that because a lot of other people do. They're sheep. It's "in" nowadays to talk crap about Sam Raimi and the original Spider-Man movies. A lot of the things that screwed up the movie were probably forced upon him by Sony so that more people would come see the movie.

Not to get into this again but I've always felt both parties were at fault. The studio should never force anything on a director, unless of course it's to save him from himself or herself which happens but at the end of the day, you let them work and you deal with the consequences. Of course I realize that's easier to say when it's not my millions invested in it. On the other hand, as a writer of a movie, you're going to catch some hell for certain choices you make..Peter getting jazz hands or the symbiote turning him into a parody is Sam's style..always has been. It works for some and not for others. In this case, it's as simple as this: If you liked amazing, you'll take the pitchforks to Sony. If you didn't, you'll say good riddance to bad rubbish

Ya know, if Marc Webb doesn't come back and the sequel ends up sucking, I will eat my words about how I wouldn't want to have Spider-man in the MCU. Of course, if Marc Webb doesn't come back I will be biased against the new movie. I guess I would know what it would feel like to be on the other side of things for the new movie.

I love it how people blame Raimi for SM3 but not Webb for ASM....sweet irony.
Because ASM was generally liked. Also, I hear a lot more people blaming Sony for SM3 than Raimi, personally.

I'm willing to dismiss this rumor for now, but if it's true, I won't be happy...

Ya know, if Marc Webb doesn't come back and the sequel ends up sucking, I will eat my words about how I wouldn't want to have Spider-man in the MCU. Of course, if Marc Webb doesn't come back I will be biased against the new movie. I guess I would know what it would feel like to be on the other side of things for the new movie.

Yup. I've always been against it but if they drop the ball on this one, I'm in that camp..pitching a tent and roasting marshmallows

I want to like TASM2 without Webb, but for now I'm against it until I see a trailer. Which will happen in like a year and a half.

I want to like TASM2 without Webb, but for now I'm against it until I see a trailer. Which will happen in like a year and a half.

it depends the director....:yay:

We'll probably get one around Comic Con of next year.
We got TASM teaser trailer a year before it came out.

I'm going to withhold judgement until I see who they pick to direct it. Right now I'm in neutral wait and see mode.

I don't blame Raimi for Spider-Man 3.
It's Sony's fault. Raimi is a very good director who gets a lot of unnecessary crap. Raimi is one of the few to write/direct a critically acclaimed horror movie in the last 10 years or so. (Drag Me To Hell).
Without him movies like Cabin Fever and Cabin In The Woods wouldn't even exist.
I would have quoted you ;)

Not to get into this again but I've always felt both parties were at fault. The studio should never force anything on a director, unless of course it's to save him from himself or herself which happens but at the end of the day, you let them work and you deal with the consequences. Of course I realize that's easier to say when it's not my millions invested in it. On the other hand, as a writer of a movie, you're going to catch some hell for certain choices you make..Peter getting jazz hands or the symbiote turning him into a parody is Sam's style..always has been. It works for some and not for others. In this case, it's as simple as this: If you liked amazing, you'll take the pitchforks to Sony. If you didn't, you'll say good riddance to bad rubbish

If that is true then Sony is going to get f**ked, especially on the Internet. Not only by the people who don't support the first one and would hate the second one no matter what, but also by the people who enjoyed and most likely supported the first one, and by the people who were against it at first, but wound up liking it. It'll be a ***** storm of epic proportions, especially if the new director they choose is unsatisfactory.

I don't think so many people would blame Raimi if he didn't write the movie...

Webb had none of his ideas in this movie? Raimi didn't write Venom in his script.

It would truly suck if Webb doesn't return. If he doesn't come back, hopefully they get another character director.

Can I sleep in your tent or would that just be weird?

might be just a little, my girlfriend gets really jealous. I can always help you set up camp though and we can wave the marvel flag high in the sky

@Joe...again I pointed this out earlier, but some people will be happy about him not being back and some won't so they won't really get a big blowback. Not everyone was happy with his direction so for every person who says "good riddance" someone else will rejoice. I agree with you on the director though. If he's replaced, his replacement has to be the perfect choice and hopefully that'll shut both parties up.

It would truly suck if Webb doesn't return. If he doesn't come back, hopefully they get another character director.

That's really all I ask. Give me a guy who can handle character and action and I'm good to go really.

Uhh.. there's no proof that Webb ever wanted the genetic tampering plot in his script >.<

If this is true...I'm going to be pissed! Marc Webb did a phenomenal job with Amazing Spider-Man. The emotions he was able to evoke, as well as the performances he was able to direct. Actors only do half the job. It takes a visionary to tell them "Hey, this is what I'm hoping to get out of this scene." I feel a lot of the heart wrenching moments of Amazing Spider-Man are because of Webb's uncanny ability to tap into the human side of things.

I feel if Webb does not return for ASM2 that it would be a HUGE disservice to the character. It's not his fault he was given the toys he had to play with. Wanting to reboot a Spider-Man film, that's on Sony. And Marc Webb wanted to give the audience something different. He knows the general audience just got done seeing Raimi's trilogy. He needed to come with something fresh.

The untold story was, in my opinion, very promising. I think a lot of fans were up in arms about it but it's funny how, now that they got what they wanted, they're mad so much got cut from the film. With the complex story Webb and co were wanting to tell, they couldn't base this trilogy off the pre-existing ones/make an indirect reboot because it would conflict with one another.

Many fans wanted them to pull an Incredible Hulk where they reference the Raimi films but try and keep their own tone. That wouldn't work with what Webb wanted to do. If they did that most of the general audience would be scratching their heads saying "Wait, I didn't see this in the Raimi trilogy?"

They NEEDED to start fresh. Now that they have the origin out of the way, I feel the vast canvas Webb now has is limitless in potential. You can't pull him yet.

Congratulations to Webb for dropped plots and bad editing huh?

For getting rid of caricatures and cheese as the main ingredient of a spider-movie. Plots left for sequles is a pretty old idea that virtually every superhero movie directopr uses.

Uhh.. there's no proof that Webb ever wanted the genetic tampering plot in his script >.<

You know how it works on the internet my man, you don't need proof. Just conjecture and hearsay and that =truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"