Marvel’s First Family Casting Thread

So if they go younger for the fantastic four, here's my first draft cast. None of these actors are "A-list" big names, but they're all capable and talented actors who I think would really embody these roles well.
Penn Badgely/Reed Richards
00003PennBadgley-vogue-10dec19-Netflix.jpg

Melissa Benoist/Susan Storm
e1b64d4c2114d9e67f53a87af730fa5b.jpg

Rudy Pankow/Johnny Storm
KellyBalchPhoto-0918.jpg

Jesse Plemmons/Ben Grimm
jesse-plemons.jpg

To me Sue was the toughest to cast here, but I'd be willing to see what Melissa could bring to the table in a high profile CBM. I know supergirl doesn't have the best track record but I won't that against her here.

Jesse Plemons is an inspired choice for Ben..great casting! Melissa Benoist needs to be in the MCU. She could work as Sue as well. Great suggestions I haven’t seen great quality fancasts in quite a while

Segel rumor was trending last week...Jesse Plemon this week
upload_2022-7-11_14-14-34.png
this has got to turn into a meme (Jason's face says it all in this picture) lol

The more i think of Jesse Plemons as Ben the more sense it makes to me. I honestly have it as a head to head with Seth Rogen. But Plemons looks more like human Ben would look like. Hopefully your suggestion goes viral gets the attention of someone like boss logic and eventually Jesse Plemons and Kevin Feige himself!!!

if he gets the role there should be a special thanks to GammaGoliath for getting me the part lol

Last edited:
I would hope Marvel's talented casting directors are already looking at him. I'd been wanting him in a cbm somewhere and I think this one could be the one.

The Case For Jesse Plemons as Benjamin Grimm AKA Thing

1. Acting Chops.

Was nominated for an Oscar for Power of The Dog (2022) - CHECK

2. Looks like a (former) Football player. - CHECK
upload_2022-7-12_2-52-58.jpeg

3. Eye Colour: Blue = CHECK

4. Ernest Borgnine / Babe Ruth vibe = CHECK
13PLEMONS2-articleLarge.jpg

5. Able to play a tough muscle-head on the outside, yet tender hearted and gentle on the inside, audience favourite character = CHECK

6. Jewish Heritage.
Jesse Plemons is of English and Polish Jewish heritage. (via IMDB) - CHECKMATE!

seriously if he doesnt get the part of Ben Grimm, i am going to be very disappointed.

Mrs. Sarah Halley Finn - please dont let this opportunity pass by! At least give him an audition!

It is like he was born to play the role. Thanks to Gamma Goliath for bringing him up

“He’s the kind of actor you get into this business hoping to be able to work with — I’ve been blessed in that regard,” “When Bryan [Cranston] got the role of Walter White, I said, he’s such a talent that even if he were a complete jacka--, he’d still be worth working with. Jesse Plemons is one of those guys. Even if he were difficult, he’d be worth it. But on top of that, he’s a prince.” - Vince Gilligan, creator of Breaking Bad

Last edited:
What’s missing for me in a lot of the actors being suggested for Ben is the “old school tough guy” exterior.

We all know his vulnerable side, but his exterior masks that. I’ve seen a lot of actors suggested who can play vulnerable, but that’s the easy part and that’s not what he shows the world.

We need an old school Bruce Willis or Robert Deniro type.

I’m not sure who the modern equivalent of that is (Liev Schreiber? Maybe 20 years ago) but I know most of the people I’ve seen suggested lean toward the soft side.

"old school" being the key word there, they just don't make them like they use too

this generation of "tough guys" and "action stars" just don't give off that same old vib anymore

With all the news leaks coming out it looks highly likely we will get a F4 cast reveal at SDCC or at the latest D23

not only that but a Doom actor reveal and whatever Ryan Gosling is in the MCU reveal lol

Hard to keep my expectations low now XD

What would be everyone's thoughts on Jamie Dornan as Reed? I remember seeing him suggested somewhere awhile back and I can see it.

Christian Grey? I think I'd disqualify him based on that alone.

Touché lol!

In all fairness though, he is a good actor despite his association with the 50 Shades movies. Just needs the right role to distance himself from that like Robert Pattinson has from Twilight.

From twitter via reddit

I’m just gonna use this post to say this cuz I doubt this is gonna be approved. GreatPhase is potentially teasing the fantastic four cast members who are from these projects: Barbie, Stranger Things, Top Gun Maverick, and The Boys

EDIT: He reiterated that this was for the MCU as a whole, not just for the Fantastic Four. Sorry lol”

Casting rumors incoming

• Marvel is saving the announcement of Captain America 4, Fantastic 4, Thunderbolts, and Shang-Chi 2 for D23
    • F4: Jamie Dornan will play Reed Richards, Amanda Seyfried will play Sue Storm, Joe Keery will play Jonny Storm. Steven Spielberg is in final negotiations to direct and serve as a producer. The story is mapped out and Steven will bring someone on to write the script. Should he come aboard, he will cast Ben Grimm.

taking this with a mountain of salt. However that last line makes sense to me in this present modern day culturally sensitive zeitgeist

Casting rumors incoming

• Marvel is saving the announcement of Captain America 4, Fantastic 4, Thunderbolts, and Shang-Chi 2 for D23
    • F4: Jamie Dornan will play Reed Richards, Amanda Seyfried will play Sue Storm, Joe Keery will play Jonny Storm. Steven Spielberg is in final negotiations to direct and serve as a producer. The story is mapped out and Steven will bring someone on to write the script. Should he come aboard, he will cast Ben Grimm.

taking this with a mountain of salt. However that last line makes sense to me in this present modern day culturally sensitive zeitgeist

Of the various rumors, this is one I’d like to be true… it’s almost certainly not, but I’d be happy if it were.

Casting rumors incoming

Add Plemons to this and I am totally in! I would be specially happy for
Joe Keery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"