• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Marvel Comics Solicitations For September 2007

A repost, in a more appropriate topic.

The Sept. solict for WWH #4 is unintentionally hilarious, and if Marvel's editors didn't purposefully intend for it to sound silly, then they are even more out of touch with reality than I thought:

Newsarama said:
WORLD WAR HULK #4 (of 5)
Written by GREG PAK
Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR.
Cover by DAVID FINCH
Variant Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
Everyone GOES! TOO! FAR! in this penultimate chapter of the Mighty Marvel Monsterpiece which is World War Hulk. The Incredible Hulk and his Warbound companions? They go too far! Dr. Strange? He goes WAY too far! Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic? They learn the precise definition of "too far" as the Hulk delivers his final judgment from his stone throne in the Great Arena!
48 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

That solict...goes too far. And that pun was too easy. Man, it's like someone at Marvel watched every low budget car commerical that comes on at 4 a.m. from local (re: poor) dealerships and decided to rip 'em off.

If you wanted to do a satire of what a modern "event" solict would sound like, it would sound like that, full of bold text and empty cliches. And here we are, where Marvel is at the verge of becoming satire-proof.

I'm interested in seeing just how poorly this Penance: Relentless mini does.

I'm interested in seeing just how poorly this Penance: Relentless mini does.

I'm not. Hasn't Jenkins done enough to poor Emoball? Marvel has to just learn to cut their losses and let some things go. Seriously, Penance is so angsty he makes goth punkers want to embrace life and get jobs. :whatever:

Like their new HOM series. Seriously, NO ONE LIKED HOM and NO ONE CARES! Even Bendis fanboys want to commit suicide every time he brings up that damn storyline. It's over. Let it go! Quit while you are ahead!

I am interested in MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS, and see that it will continue in the old tradition of using tales & cover images of A-Listers to carry a story with a C-Lister (Spider-Man, Hulk, Cap, and Hellcat). I just hope Marvel finds some way to make the stories count or matter, and one character doesn't exclusively hog it (the last MCP's essentially became Wolverine's unofficial second solo series).

I sense it is Marvel’s attempt to rationalise the change to Emoball.

I'm not. Hasn't Jenkins done enough to poor Emoball? Marvel has to just learn to cut their losses and let some things go. Seriously, Penance is so angsty he makes goth punkers want to embrace life and get jobs. :whatever:

Like their new HOM series. Seriously, NO ONE LIKED HOM and NO ONE CARES! Even Bendis fanboys want to commit suicide every time he brings up that damn storyline. It's over. Let it go! Quit while you are ahead!

I am interested in MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS, and see that it will continue in the old tradition of using tales & cover images of A-Listers to carry a story with a C-Lister (Spider-Man, Hulk, Cap, and Hellcat). I just hope Marvel finds some way to make the stories count or matter, and one character doesn't exclusively hog it (the last MCP's essentially became Wolverine's unofficial second solo series).

I'll agree with you about the new MCP series. I'm looking foward to that one a lot. I don't think it'll end up as an unofficial second series to any one character, though. Call me crazy, but I think Marvel will get this one right.

I sense it is Marvel’s attempt to rationalise the change to Emoball.

But they can't, because it makes utterly no sense. They would be better off just leaving him be in THUNDERBOLTS until Ellis' thing runs its course and Baldwin can be rehabilitated. Or revealed to have been a Skrull. Bendis would be forgiven for half of his sins if he pulled that "undo" off. :o

I'll agree with you about the new MCP series. I'm looking foward to that one a lot. I don't think it'll end up as an unofficial second series to any one character, though. Call me crazy, but I think Marvel will get this one right.

Hopefully. But getting it right won't matter if the sales tank. It is a difficult book to handle. Marvel's last stabs at anthologies with SPIDER-MAN & X-MEN UNLIMITED tanked and one could essentially call this MARVEL UNLIMITED. Much like the difficulty with MTU, the mainstream fan usually feels these stories don't matter. Marvel & the writers need to find a way to change this perception.

Jenkins, just quit Marvel. Seriously, do it for me.

EDIT: Seriously, go somewhere that will give you something good to write.

Jenkins, just quit Marvel. Seriously, do it for me.

EDIT: Seriously, go somewhere that will give you something good to write.

Yeah. He is so damn hit or miss, lately with an emphasis on the miss. I think the last thing he did that I really liked was the original Sentry mini.

Yeah. He is so damn hit or miss, lately with an emphasis on the miss. I think the last thing he did that I really liked was the original Sentry mini.

I liked Frontline, I thought all 10 issues were great.

What, there was an 11th issue? I can't hear you, I can't hear you! LALALALALALA!:ninja:

But really, Jenkins has the chops to write more than just big event tie-ins and mini series about one of the most hated characters ever.

I liked Frontline, I thought all 10 issues were great.

What, there was an 11th issue? I can't hear you, I can't hear you! LALALALALALA!:ninja:

But really, Jenkins has the chops to write more than just big event tie-ins and mini series about one of the most hated characters ever.

Parts of Frontline were good. I liked the Simon/Sleeper Agent story. I liked about half of the Urich/Floyd stuff, although Jenkins does write a very good Ben Urich, I'll give him that. But every issue ended with that mashup Marvel/Real World bull**** and it almost killed the entire thing for me.

Parts of Frontline were good. I liked the Simon/Sleeper Agent story. I liked about half of the Urich/Floyd stuff, although Jenkins does write a very good Ben Urich, I'll give him that. But every issue ended with that mashup Marvel/Real World bull**** and it almost killed the entire thing for me.

Those 2-3 page things in the back? Yeah, they were stupid.

Those 2-3 page things in the back? Yeah, they were stupid.

They took stupid to a new level. And the thing is, Marvel continued to stick them in there, even after all the crap they took for it. Every month I'd pick the book up and think, "This must be the month were they got smart." But I was wrong every time.

They took stupid to a new level. And the thing is, Marvel continued to stick them in there, even after all the crap they took for it. Every month I'd pick the book up and think, "This must be the month were they got smart." But I was wrong every time.

Issue 11 didn't have one.:csad:

Do you think that they're implying that The Hulk has a sweatshop in his basement? Or even worse dog-fighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"