Marvel Legends, Selects, Universe- Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad didn't see it on this thread so I figured I'd post it.
It's cool, I just wish more of us would use the other thread; it's meant to be all-inclusive when it comes to news about super articulated action figures, be they Marvel, DC, or whatever.

But POPs, statues, Minimates, etc. should probably have their own threads...

I get what you're saying. I think most just use threads like this just because it's toy/brand specific. When news breaks on legends this thread is pretty specific towards it and it's easier to find it or get it without searching through the other brand/product info.

True. I'm all for different collection displays. Whatever blows your skirt up. Only X-Men? great. Great Lakes Avengers display? Sure.

The Toybiz only display is dumb though. Especially with all the cool, better, newer figures that are out now. Yeah, that's a losing battle.

I was on YouTube looking at various collections and who did I stumble upon? Yours!
As always, your display looks great!
Mine are still put away, I have yet to find the time to get them displayed, or the money to get the new waves.

Good to see you all again!

hope some of those raft figures get a standard release
been waiting a long time for enchantress

I think enchantress will get released in the Thor series next year. Maybe with a slight variation because that's what Hasbro has done in the past when they've rereleased SDCC figures in a retail wave. You have abomination as the BAF for the next Cap series and the consensus is that Sandman will most likely be a BAF for a Spidey wave somewhere down the line. Possibly the wave after the Space Venom wave.

I was on YouTube looking at various collections and who did I stumble upon? Yours!
As always, your display looks great!
Mine are still put away, I have yet to find the time to get them displayed, or the money to get the new waves.

Good to see you all again!

Nice. Thanks, Biz. It's great when you can set them up how you really want to. Welcome back, buddy.

Kinda hard to tell, but Abomination is probably the same as the Cap wave BAF, right? This may be the way to go.

Last edited:
It's cool, I just wish more of us would use the other thread; it's meant to be all-inclusive when it comes to news about super articulated action figures, be they Marvel, DC, or whatever.

But POPs, statues, Minimates, etc. should probably have their own threads...

that's not the way this forum has worked.. the news thread is for everything... but this is specifically Marvel Legends/Selects/Universe figures.. they all have a home here and no one is wrong for posting a link about them in here, even if posted elsewhere...

Nice. Thanks, Biz. It's great when you can set them up how you really want to. Welcome back, buddy.

Kinda hard to tell, but Abomination is probably the same as the Cap wave BAF, right? This may be the way to go.

both abominations are the same, just the BAF has a different paint app

im not a fan of this abomination at all and think it actually looks quite awful... i'll be using the BAF as Ch'Od and dream of starjammers one day

but the Raft set one i'll likely sell off

Sandman will likely be the only other re-used figure from the Raft Set... and will most certainly be a spidey wave BAF with his green shirt painted on

Dreadknight and Purple man likely wont be re-released... and I don't expect Enchantress to either.... because she completely falls into the same category as "Psylocke/Luke Cage/Medusa/Blackbolt/Hela/Magik" in terms of high demand fan wanted characters.. that never got a re-release...

i don't expect her in the Thor Legends waves.

both abominations are the same, just the BAF has a different paint app

im not a fan of this abomination at all and think it actually looks quite awful... i'll be using the BAF as Ch'Od and dream of starjammers one day

but the Raft set one i'll likely sell off

Sandman will likely be the only other re-used figure from the Raft Set... and will most certainly be a spidey wave BAF with his green shirt painted on

Dreadknight and Purple man likely wont be re-released... and I don't expect Enchantress to either.... because she completely falls into the same category as "Psylocke/Luke Cage/Medusa/Blackbolt/Hela/Magik" in terms of high demand fan wanted characters.. that never got a re-release...

i don't expect her in the Thor Legends waves.

See I could see her in the Thor wave though. She has been a fan favorite and heavily wanted, plus I believe she was on the fan poll at SDCC last year if I'm not mistaken. So far we're getting others from that poll like symbiot Spidey (rumored) in the next wave. I know Angela is supposed to be coming as the fan vote winner and she could possibly show up in the Guardians wave or as one of the females with Enchantress in the Thor wave.

There's also that rumored Netflix wave that could possibly contain a rerelease of Purple Man, so it may be possible.

there's no way they'd re-release the entire wave.... aside from dreadknight

abomination and spidey are already re-releases and Sandman is a sure thing...

The Netflix wave will only likely be 1 wave.. and likely be labeled "Marvels Defenders" and it will be produced the same year as the defenders mini-series on Netflix

figures average 6-8 per wave... but id imagine the netflix wave would have no more than 7... at best (more likely six)

the wave would be a mix of comic and MCU... likely...

-MCU Daredevil
-Luke Cage (comic or MCU)
-Iron Fist (likely MCU)
-Jessica Jones (likely comic and her jewel costume)
-MCU Punisher
-Elektra (comic or MCU)
-

and one blank slate... this could go to MCU or comic... Kingpin, it could go to stilt man, it could go to gladiator, stick, hellcat, MCU Purpleman (it wont be comic one if they do purpleman), personally i think it will go to a more obscure comic character that fans want in the marvel knights series... like stiltman, gladiator, colleen wing, typhoid mary, etc...

the BAF id imagine would be kingpin, mr hyde or stiltman i don't think anyone else would qualify.

but the likely hood of a purpleman re-release is slim to none imo

as for enchantress i also wouldn't gamble on it.. there were alot of thor characters in the polls... and even though he's likely getting 2 waves.. they are likely to be quite full... keep in mind its very unlikely more than 2 females will be in a wave and only 8 figs in a case

Wave 1 Case
-MCU Thor X2
-MCU Armored Hulk x2
-MCU Hela x1
-Comic Loki x1
-Comic Sif x1
-Comic Grandmaster x1
BAF: Ulik

Wave 2
-MCU Hemidal x1
-MCU Valkyrie x1
-Comic Classic Thor x2
-Comic: Thor (jane foster) x2
-Comic: Fandral x1
-Comic: Hogun x1
-BAF: Volstag

I think Angela will be placed into the guardians of the galaxy waves

Enchantress could still be possible in one of those waves. The X-men has three females in the wave so it's possible.

Plus all those MCU figures could possibly be made store exclusives like the target iron man two pack, the Walmart falcon and Bucky, or possibly a three pack like the cap/iron man/Spidey one. Or vice versa with comic figs instead of MCU.

Hasbro has done a pretty good job lately of getting out figures that people want at retail so it could be possible.

Hasbro didn't care at all when it came to accuracy for Ultimate Spidey. The back spider is all wrong

Enchantress could still be possible in one of those waves. The X-men has three females in the wave so it's possible.

Plus all those MCU figures could possibly be made store exclusives like the target iron man two pack, the Walmart falcon and Bucky, or possibly a three pack like the cap/iron man/Spidey one. Or vice versa with comic figs instead of MCU.

Hasbro has done a pretty good job lately of getting out figures that people want at retail so it could be possible.

doubtful.

the X-men carry the most A-list females in marvel period.. and they're also in 8 figure waves with no double packed figures... Thor and guardians likely wont get 8 figures

as for thor.. this is also his leading film.. and there's been a very specific pattern thus far from hasbro..

Avengers AOU wave 1
-MCU IronMan
-MCU Hulk
-MCU Cap
-comic batroc
-comic spider-woman
-comic hellcat
BAF Comic Thanos

-3 Movie figures 1 sorta MCU tie-in with the villain choice

Avengers AOU wave 2
-MCU WarMachine
-Comic Thundra
-Comic Blizzard
-Comic Strange
-Comic Vision
-Comic Valkyrie
-Comic Iron Man
BAF: MCU Hulkbuster

1 movie fig 1 movie baf

Total... 4 movie figs 1 movie baf

then this year.....

CAP Civil War wave 1
-MCU Cap
-MCU Ironman
-MCU Black Panther
-Comic Nuke
-Comic red guardian
-Comic Fury
BAF Comic Giant Man

3 mcu figs, 1 mcu baf

CAP Civil War Wave 2
-MCU Wanda
-Comic Wonderman
-Comic Cap
-Comic Capt Britain
-Animated Cartoon Red Skull
-Comic Eel
BAF Comic Abomination
1 MCU fig

Total

4 MCU figs 1 BAF

both ended up with the same number...

keeping that in mind.. i fully expect the first wave of thor legends to have 3 Movie figures and the second wave 2...

I don't forsee Thors Nov holiday season release getting Box set figures and exclusives.. guardians is the more likely candidate for that.

and in all actuality if anyone is cut from the thor waves is the warriors 3.. and replaced by comic executioner, malekieth and ulik all which were on the voting polls.. and the warriors 3 would be the box set..

still leaving no room for enchantress

Cap wave one was

Cap
Sharon carter
Mockingbird
Whirlwind
Copperhead
Taskmaster
Scourge

I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm saying enchantress could somehow make it to retail with the Thor wave(s).

Cap wave one was

Cap
Sharon carter
Mockingbird
Whirlwind
Copperhead
Taskmaster
Scourge

I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm saying enchantress could somehow make it to retail with the Thor wave(s).

im ignoring the wave 1s for this discussion thus the "AOU/CW wave 1".. and jumping right to the first real movie tie ins..

Avengers wave 1 was really the odin wave which had no movie figs as well

and i just don't want you to have false hope.. because in my experience.. no, its likely not happening

No I get what you're saying. I'm not having any false hope, just saying it's possible for her to show up later. I'm shooting for the SDCC set anyway.

that's not the way this forum has worked.. the news thread is for everything... but this is specifically Marvel Legends/Selects/Universe figures.. they all have a home here and no one is wrong for posting a link about them in here, even if posted elsewhere...
I didn't mean to imply that anything was wrong, but I wish more of us would use that other thread.

I'm OK with this thread.. legends and dcuc use to drive this entire forum.. but now it's over run with pop vinyls, dvds, and comic posts rather than action figures... things change. This at least is all figure related and always on topic. The other one I have to often scroll through discussions and pics I don't care about or posters who arnt all that caught up or with the legends scene.

I've pretty much migrated to the fwoosh because of this and it's easier to talk and discuss. Not because they're more knowledgeable but because all posters there are there for that reason and convo moves quicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"