Marvel Legends, Selects, Universe- Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have said I'm weird for not collecting villain figures. I just like the heroes. haha

I dont think collecting heroes only, villains only, teams only, avengers only, spiderman characters only, xmen characters only... is wierd

But being company specific or bafs... seems really bizzarre to me

Last edited:
I might seem weird, but I kinda like it.

I mean, it beats looking at the same figures over and over again.

True. I'm all for different collection displays. Whatever blows your skirt up. Only X-Men? great. Great Lakes Avengers display? Sure.

The Toybiz only display is dumb though. Especially with all the cool, better, newer figures that are out now. Yeah, that's a losing battle.

The new ones have been a step up. Reminds me of when Legends first started way back in the day.

There's things both companies did better than the other... but i find alot of collectors in facebook groups making a bizarre rivalry out of it... but those people act as if they collect out of sport. They know little about what's coming.. where as the serious collectors (i'll say Fwoosh users) don't behave that way at all... the juxtaposition between fans is really odd when i see it in social media.

but yeah...

Toybiz did unique sculpts better, and the best Toybiz paint apps have been better than the best Hasbro apps...

but... Hasbro has been giving us more bang for our buck, the women in bodiies and faces are better than ever, they've been doing great with accessories and alternate hands and heads, and the biggest thing, they have over hasbro is much better quality plastic. the Toybiz stuff isn't holding up well

regardless... i still am very happy to have both in my collection and wouldn't have it any other way

What happened to Toybiz?

Toybiz was the marvel owned toy company. which mainly produced Marvel and Wrestling figures. Hasbro and Marvel worked out a deal to distribute their properties figures, in 2007. Since that was the main drawl of toybiz, toybiz went under in 2008.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Toys#American_company

Marvel basically wanted out of the toymaking biz, and would have rather had hasbro handle their properties..

You're very welcome

So i follow a bunch of Marvel Legends collector pages on facebook and i gotta say... there's some bizzarre collectors.....

People who only want hasbro or toybiz and despise the other....

People who display figures in waves...

People who enjoy displaying BAFs together.... and call it a BAF collection...

I mean, people can collect what they want... but isnt that wierd? I cant be the only one finding those requirements for a collection quite odd

I find there to be a lot of strange people in this hobby, period :funny:

But yeah, it is odd. Why not display the characters in relation to other characters and franchises? Displaying it by wave makes it seem like you collect for the sake of collecting instead of actually enjoying the source material they come from.

I find there to be a lot of strange people in this hobby, period :funny:

But yeah, it is odd. Why not display the characters in relation to other characters and franchises? Displaying it by wave makes it seem like you collect for the sake of collecting instead of actually enjoying the source material they come from.

i agree completely.. it's like displaying them as just mere "things" it's really odd.. what's even weirder are these same types of people also have no clue who half the characters are in the collection.. and are constantly asking who people are.. i'm like????? why are you obsessively collecting a series when you know so little? why not just collect the ones you like ?

it's all very odd.. and something i've never seen in figure forums. only social media.

Is that for real? Lol. Why would you buy something if you don't know what it is?

Sadly... i mean i may buy a character im unfamiliar with, like scourge and red guardian... but ill at least research them first.

Anybody know when the Spidey wave will hit Amazon?

not for a while .. amazon is unpredictable anyway.. sometimes they don't even get amazon proper versions or pre-orders.

the X-men wave is up next.. those are already packaged. But spidey should be next.. probably july/august

not for a while .. amazon is unpredictable anyway.. sometimes they don't even get amazon proper versions or pre-orders.

the X-men wave is up next.. those are already packaged. But spidey should be next.. probably july/august
Thanks. :up:

yeah i'm definitely getting that destroyer to replace the toybiz one

I could never find that toy biz one. When I DID it was WAY over priced

Uhhh, is anybody else disappointed that the new Legends Ultimate Spidey is based on Stuart Immonen:
13445512_10153712350146984_4923080760458918118_n.jpg

84882cd69a60629a37ae64be6de3e82c.jpg

As opposed to Bagley:
Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_101_Digital.jpg

Bagley would've made more sense to me, but I think he looks great regardless.

I mean, really, the difference between the two, as it translates into a figure, is pretty minimal.

Uhhh, is anybody else disappointed that the new Legends Ultimate Spidey is based on Stuart Immonen:
13445512_10153712350146984_4923080760458918118_n.jpg

84882cd69a60629a37ae64be6de3e82c.jpg

As opposed to Bagley:
Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_101_Digital.jpg

nope...

1) I don't give a rats behind about ultimate spider-man

2) we've had a few bagely inspired spider-men already.

so some pics of the SDCC set leaked...

It's "the Raft"

and will include

-Abomination
-Enchantress
-Spider-man (pizza spidey repaint with new head)
-Dreadknight
-Purple Man
-and an all sand colored version of Sandman

people highly suspect Sandman will be the BAF of one of the next few spidey waves (likely with normal coloring)

Also in other news.. the next Spider-man wave rumor was confirmed by dorksidetoys

-Jackal
-Symbiote Spider-Man
-Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel)
-Shocker
-Spider-Man UK
-All New Spider-Man 2099
-Green Goblin

^^ Nice. Can't wait to see pics. That Raft set sounds good. Would love an Enchantress and need a new Abomination. Let's hope he's not the blue Rick Jones version. Purple Man too, huh? That's alright.

Spider-Man wave sounds kinda weak to me. I'm really only interested in Jackal.
I have enough symbiotes.
Don't want Kamala.
Shocker is a maybe (I still use the TB one)
UK is meh.
New 2099? I wonder why.
I have enough Goblins.

Good looking out, Spideyboy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"