Agent Carter Marvel Readying 'Agent Carter' Series!

I love me some Peggy Carter so i'm down for this.

However i think the best way to go about this will be to have a finite story, not an ongoing serial like Agents of SHIELD is going to be. Marvel should go the BBC route ala Sherlock and Luther. 3 or 4 1hr episodes per season and make it sort of a miniseries with a focused story and not a case-of-the week type thing.

I do think they should limit the episodes, but not 3-4 like Sherlock (I don't even think American TV lends itself well to that). I'd say just go with a HBO or Showtime-style 10-12 episodes a season for it.

I can see this show being a lot like the Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD comic from back in the 60's. Moreso than the modern day Agents of SHIELD. This could also introduce the possibility of using the Human Torch android.

I'm onboard. Hayley Atwell is the best actress in the MCU and her character is strong enough to stand on her own away from Cap.

I'd love to see Dominic Cooper be a lead as well. The kick-ass adventures of Carter and Stark in the 40's would be grand.

Indeed... that could be one thing. They also could make the show a more serial type of character twisty type show, where allegiances and alliances and resources and betrayals and such go back and forth. I do like the idea of Agent Carter as a summer series or something like that. That would pwn for me.

It's not that it would be a bad show, at all, it's just... there are so many other Marvel TV shows I'd rather see, so many other marvel female heroes I'd rather see... (say, one with super powers, anyone?) it's hard to celebrate this.

Have you seen the Agent Carter short? If so, you should have a very strong idea what kind of show it would be. If not... then speak for yourself. Are you saying any good character that doesn't appear weekly is wasted?
Yes, I'm saying Peggy appearing every once and a while on a TV show that's focused on Coulson and co would be a waste of her character absolutely. She has her own long and storied career, tell those stories, don't make her second fiddle to agents who weren't even alive in her heyday, who I also like btw.

YEE-HAW!! My fave MCU female is getting a show of her own... hopefully!

I would love to have a mix of Invaders/Commandos in this. Maybe use this to also introduce an older version of Captain Britain as well. I wonder if Derek Luke would reprise his role as Gabe Jones. He and Peggy can get their flirt on, if they decide to stay true to MC canon.

Hopefully a female-led Marvel movie isn't far behind.

:up::up: I approve of this news! I'm waiting to see how Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D turns out but since CA:TFA is my favorite MCU and I loved the period aspects of the story and I love espionage spy thrillers. Excellent news!!

Hmm ratings-wise, I don't think this would work very well for a TV series.

Except women-based shows thrive on ABC. And this is arguably just as compelling a concept if not more so than Once Upon A Time and Revenge. :/

Women-based shows like Missing, Red Widow and Pan Am didn't even get a 2nd season. And do you know how many new shows got canceled by ABC in the last five years? I've seen a lot of TV shows from ABC in the last five years that didn't get a 2nd season.

So what? Lots of female driven shows get more than one season. It's not a case of if its got a woman in it = fail.

Covert Affairs, Homeland, and Rizzoli and Isles are still with us. Although it's bowing out this season, Nikita hung in there.

As already noted, Revenge is going into its third season on ABC. It stars Emily Van Camp, who plays Sharon Carter in CATWS. ABC is known for its female-skewing shows, so Agent Carter fits right in. It could bridge the gap between the women who already make up the network's core audience and the males that it would like to draw in.

I only see one caveat for the fanboys/fangirls, and it involves basically watching Peggy Carter move on past Cap. Yeah, there's a lot of successful female lead TV series on the networks, but one of the things that drives their success is romance and relationships. It's a given that ABC will want one for Peggy as well....I just wonder who that'll be, and how the fans will react to someone other than Steve Rogers in her life.

I'm ok with it. Steve was gone for decades. It's not like she's a nun

As with i with Agents of SHIELD i hope Marvel uses these tv shows to introduce C to Z list characters, this setting opens the possibilities for many stories and forgotten characters, while they'll probably go through a completelly original route instead, i think they should also pay homenage and explore some stuff from comics like Journey into Mystery and Tales to Astonish

A lot of the stuff we see in the mini series "Marvels" could feature in this. They could even introduce that photographer Phil Sheldon. But maybe Peggy could stand in for him in this series, witnessing all the various Marvels coming and going over the decades.

Now if only Marvel actually had the rights to Namor, he could fight the original android Human Torch.

Always wanted to see a tv show set in the 30s-40s about the Marvels during that time, mostly seen in the perspective of Phil Sheldon, but not every episode would be about him, the main characters would be Phil, the original Human-Torch, Namor and the Angel (the original one, who killed gangsters).

It would mostly take aspects from Marvels and the Marvel Project, if it was too expensive then i would suggest cutting it down to just Phil and the street level heroes like Angel, and letting keeping the original Human-Torch and Namor for their oun movie or movies.

Since the Agent Carter show would take place after WWII during the cold war then i don't think they should place Golden age events like Namor vs Human-Torch in there, but the more mysterious and quiet events from that era.

Well they couldn't use Namor anyway due to rights issues. We may still see Human Torch, and I hope we do. Agent Carter would also help cover that gap left open between Captain America and Iron Man on some things that happened. Opens up a lot of possibilities on telling what happened back in those times, especially in the aftermath of what will come to light in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. They might even be able to tie-in the young Hank Pym/Ant-Man into the show.

Well they couldn't use Namor anyway due to rights issues. We may still see Human Torch, and I hope we do. Agent Carter would also help cover that gap left open between Captain America and Iron Man on some things that happened. Opens up a lot of possibilities on telling what happened back in those times, especially in the aftermath of what will come to light in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. They might even be able to tie-in the young Hank Pym/Ant-Man into the show.

Yeah, there's a lot of potential storylines available, even just expanding on the history of the MCU. Howard Stark and the Howlers are almost certain to be part of the show; I'd like to see Whitford's character in the One-Shot become a permanent co-worker foil/thorn in Peggy's side; you've got the perfect opportunity to introduce Nick Fury into the transition from SSR to SHIELD; Zola might play an active role; there's the Human Torch android and Dr. Horton; maybe even a young Dr. Selvig; a young Thunderbolt Ross; Pierce from CATWS.....not to mention the Winter Soldier himself popping in from time to time. And that's just the characters we *know* of that could find places in the Cold War-era MCU. Delve into Gold and Silver Age Marvel Comics, and there's a rich treasury of heroes and villains who could create a whole "secret war" between Unregistered Gifteds that was never reported or made known to the public. (Although intrepid conspiracy theorists like Skye and the Rising Tide could've uncovered bits and pieces of the truth....)

Covert Affairs, Homeland, and Rizzoli and Isles are still with us. Although it's bowing out this season, Nikita hung in there.

The first three shows you mentioned are cable shows and Nikita is on CW. ABC is a broadcast network and has a higher ratings standard than CW. ABC usually only renew 3 to 1 drama shows every TV season and they have like 5 to 8 new drama shows every TV season. Last season, they only renewed 1 new drama show (Nashville) and the ratings of the show are not even impressive.

And I just feel like Marvel has a lot of properties, they could just do a Iron Fist tv series or a Heroes for Hire TV series instead of this Agent Carter.

Peggy Carter??? :huh:

Seriously??? ---------

As much as I like the idea that Marvel/Disney is at least exploring ideas for breaking into network television, I just feel that the characters and subject matter is a bit too big for TV. Unless these shows are syndicated on channels like HBO/Starz/Cinemax, and with production values comparable to GoT, I don't see them living up to their potential.

I've always thought that XFC for example would have made a much better mini-series had it kept the same production value. It can be done, but I wouldn't want these things to be dumbed down by the typical network television cost-cutting schemes(frequent indoor shoots, recycling the same sets/locales, etc.)

Though Heroes for Hire would be my preferred spin off from Agents of SHIELD, this could be Marvel and ABC's attempt to create a multi time slot franchise like L&O, CSI, NCIS and ABC's own Once Upon a Time. I absolutely loved the Agent Carter one shot, and focusing on post-war era Marvel allows for greater freedom from the MCU film continuity. With the One Shots established as the Marvel TV proving ground, I'm as curious about the studio's upcoming short films as I am in their features.

This idea would be a waste of time IMO. Marvel has so many other characters with so much more potential than Agent Carter that deserve a TV show. Marvel doesn't have the time to make unlimited TV shows, and I think a Daredevil or Runaways TV show would be so much more interesting than this.

This idea would be a waste of time IMO. Marvel has so many other characters with so much more potential than Agent Carter that deserve a TV show. Marvel doesn't have the time to make unlimited TV shows, and I think a Daredevil or Runaways TV show would be so much more interesting than this.
Good call. Of all the mainstream heroes, I think DD would be the best fit for a TV series. I'd say Punisher, but there's no way in hell he'd be done justice on network television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"