Homecoming Marvel & Sony's Spider-Man (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Spidey is pulled into it for that reason, then why not Daredevil or Luke Cage? Or some of the Inhumans in AoS like Quake?

DD is already a vigilante that has gone up against cops. He also doesn't noticeably have powers and does his work at night.

Luke Cage: 'Being a hero just puts a target on your back'

Both of these characters have no real care for being a 'super' hero like the Avengers. Spider-man he does. He will have an urge to be like his heroes, his powers are obviously super human, he will have easily been spotted swinging round NYC and so will most likely be known by the Government.

I think he will bring himself in to sign the accords as he will want to help. Which is not the same kind of help DD is into.

parker-7.jpg
tumblr_m6px6k2ffq1qdrpdr.jpg

2EE932E800000578-0-image-a-11_1448828546639.jpg
:spidey:

Ya again with spidey marketability he is bound to be in magazine spreads 2nd and or 3rd trailers and other things. Again we still have plently if time for promo stuff. And we don't even know everything promo wise they are doing.

Plus since we know solo starts filming in june. And it likely start pre production around march. We are likely to see civil war spidey stuff coming out before then.

Plus another train of thought they could be holding off on spidey. To they are ready to announce film title and some solo film details. Before they start revealing civil war stuff with spidey. So people really need to stop worrying marvel won't reveal anything or think just cause we may not see spidey stuff for another month or two. Thst he is just a tiny little cameo role.

Again come on folks you have to stop thinking spidey is only going to be in one scene or just a min or two. There is so much info we have that totally disproves that. We know tom filmed for over 3 weeks between atlanta and germany. We know he due to be in a few fight scenes. The report of two costumes possibly in the film. Along with aunt may having a scene. You have to remember this is also debut for character in mcu and they have to set him up. Too a tad. No one is saying he needs to be or will be in film for like 30 mins. Again ten mins or so is likely deal.

Plus we need to see why peter gets invovled with the avengers. Why he would get into the fight. Pkus setting up peter and his solo adventure. Again we are likely looking at 5 scenes.

First a intro scene for suited spidey that catches avengers attention. Peter meeting cap and or tony in civilian mode. Then in 1 or 2 fight scenes. Then we have aunt may scene. Then likely as I said a few times a goodbye scene where peter tells off the avengers saying he looked up to them for yrs but doesn't like how they are handling things now. And he wants to do things solo. But if they ever need help to give him a ring. Which gives us a nod to seeing spidey and the avengers teaming again in infinity wars.

If Spidey is pulled into it for that reason, then why not Daredevil or Luke Cage? Or some of the Inhumans in AoS like Quake?

the only way spidey would get pulled into it would be if he got in the way some how... and was pulled into it by chance. Which is more likely.

Devin Faraci mentioned that there is going to be a lot of cool stuff revealed in this issue. I think there is a good chance they'll talk about Spidey a little bit.

Yes I fully expect talk of spidey and tom as an actor. But as much as I want suit. If suit was to be in issue we would have had more word on it. Or he would be cover image. As how marketible spidey is. Which is why I don't expect suit this week or this ew issur. But next issue or another mag spread in a few weeks. Or even from marvel.com more likely. As I pointed out with marketing just starting up. The focus is tony and steve. And picking up hype for bp.

the only way spidey would get pulled into it would be if he got in the way some how... and was pulled into it by chance. Which is more likely.
The Government trying to force Spider-Man to sign the accords would make more sense, though.

Last edited:
Again with what kevin has said about civil war. And about peter no way the govt is going to find out who he is.

Devin Faraci mentioned that there is going to be a lot of cool stuff revealed in this issue. I think there is a good chance they'll talk about Spidey a little bit.

Just read that...

The next issue of Entertainment Weekly is going to be their Captain America: Civil War issue. I was on the set of this movie (my report is embargoed for months yet) so I can tell you one thing: they're going to have a lot of cool stuff to reveal to you in the issue. I'm very excited for the content to be released, and to talk about it with you guys.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/12/02/ews-civil-war-cover-has-a-meowing-black-panther

Ya again with spidey marketability he is bound to be in magazine spreads 2nd and or 3rd trailers and other things. Again we still have plently if time for promo stuff. And we don't even know everything promo wise they are doing.

Plus since we know solo starts filming in june. And it likely start pre production around march. We are likely to see civil war spidey stuff coming out before then.

Plus another train of thought they could be holding off on spidey. To they are ready to announce film title and some solo film details. Before they start revealing civil war stuff with spidey. So people really need to stop worrying marvel won't reveal anything or think just cause we may not see spidey stuff for another month or two. Thst he is just a tiny little cameo role.

Again come on folks you have to stop thinking spidey is only going to be in one scene or just a min or two. There is so much info we have that totally disproves that. We know tom filmed for over 3 weeks between atlanta and germany. We know he due to be in a few fight scenes. The report of two costumes possibly in the film. Along with aunt may having a scene. You have to remember this is also debut for character in mcu and they have to set him up. Too a tad. No one is saying he needs to be or will be in film for like 30 mins. Again ten mins or so is likely deal.

Plus we need to see why peter gets invovled with the avengers. Why he would get into the fight. Pkus setting up peter and his solo adventure. Again we are likely looking at 5 scenes.

First a intro scene for suited spidey that catches avengers attention. Peter meeting cap and or tony in civilian mode. Then in 1 or 2 fight scenes. Then we have aunt may scene. Then likely as I said a few times a goodbye scene where peter tells off the avengers saying he looked up to them for yrs but doesn't like how they are handling things now. And he wants to do things solo. But if they ever need help to give him a ring. Which gives us a nod to seeing spidey and the avengers teaming again in infinity wars.

you do realize in Avengers 1...

Hawkeye was only on screen for 12min

i expect spidey to only have a little less time than that. alot can be done in 10 min or less.. i think you're underestimating what screen time can and cant do.

they've DIRECTLY told us he's not playing a huge part... and thus far we only know of a chase scene... and a scene in peters room... there's absolutely no more proof than that.. and he was not in any of the big action on location pieces...

so i don't know what "proof" you are assuming... but you are going to be very very upset with this film the way you are setting yourself up.

This film is meant to be an intro for spidey and black panther.. but panther has always had the larger emphasis.. this is his intro more than it is spideys... and this film is STILL captain america's so the focus will still be on him... i don't expect most of the avengers outside of tasha, tony, and cap's team to have much screen time personally...

we even know tom's shooting schedules were not very long.... there's no way he has as much screen time as you seem to assume he does.

it's best to set yourself up to be happily surprised than to set yourself up to get your hopes up and then the rest of us posters who "told you so" have to listen to posters complain for the next several months about how they hated the film because spider-man had little screen time......:whatever:

The Government trying to force Spider-Man to sign the accords would make more sense, though.

I don't know about that. Do they even know about him? He hasn't even been on anyone's radar so far.

Also, it seems that Spidey and Black Panther may be the only ones in the MCU with full head masks that completely obscure their identity.

but i do not think that can be pulled off very successfully at all without showing cameos of other marvel supers who are not avengers... you should see a slew of people the government is going after.. Jones, Matt, Daredevil, the inhumans... it wouldn't make sense to just go after spidey...

i mean.. i guess they can use Hawkeye and Ant-man in the same vein as spidey.. both of those guys have families to protect as well.. but... something feels very off when we have all these known heroes and then spidey the unknown and no other unknowns pop up.

I don't think that's quite effective. there are also a few super-villains still alive... some frome AoS and some from the movies (abomination).

Ideally i wish Civil War was bringing in the Thunderbolts, lead by ross and zemo. with some of the still living villains.. but unless marvel has done some amazing secret with holding it doesn't sound like any of the villains are signed up outside of ross and zemo

you do realize in Avengers 1...

Hawkeye was only on screen for 12min

i expect spidey to only have a little less time than that. alot can be done in 10 min or less.. i think you're underestimating what screen time can and cant do.

they've DIRECTLY told us he's not playing a huge part... and thus far we only know of a chase scene... and a scene in peters room... there's absolutely no more proof than that.. and he was not in any of the big action on location pieces...

so i don't know what "proof" you are assuming... but you are going to be very very upset with this film the way you are setting yourself up.

This film is meant to be an intro for spidey and black panther.. but panther has always had the larger emphasis.. this is his intro more than it is spideys... and this film is STILL captain america's so the focus will still be on him... i don't expect most of the avengers outside of tasha, tony, and cap's team to have much screen time personally...

we even know tom's shooting schedules were not very long.... there's no way he has as much screen time as you seem to assume he does.

it's best to set yourself up to be happily surprised than to set yourself up to get your hopes up and then the rest of us posters who "told you so" have to listen to posters complain for the next several months about how they hated the film because spider-man had little screen time......:whatever:

:up: I'm expecting like less than 5 minutes of screen time. If he's in it any longer? Great, if not? I'm okay with that.

I don't know about that. Do they even know about him? He hasn't even been on anyone's radar so far.

Also, it seems that Spidey and Black Panther may be the only ones in the MCU with full head masks that completely obscure their identity.
He was referenced at the end of Ant-Man, so i'm pretty sure the Government is already aware of him. Plus it's kinda hard not to notice a guy in red & blue tights swinging around New York City.
but i do not think that can be pulled off very successfully at all without showing cameos of other marvel supers who are not avengers... you should see a slew of people the government is going after.. Jones, Matt, Daredevil, the inhumans... it wouldn't make sense to just go after spidey...

i mean.. i guess they can use Hawkeye and Ant-man in the same vein as spidey.. both of those guys have families to protect as well.. but... something feels very off when we have all these known heroes and then spidey the unknown and no other unknowns pop up.

I don't think that's quite effective. there are also a few super-villains still alive... some frome AoS and some from the movies (abomination).

Ideally i wish Civil War was bringing in the Thunderbolts, lead by ross and zemo. with some of the still living villains.. but unless marvel has done some amazing secret with holding it doesn't sound like any of the villains are signed up outside of ross and zemo
I agree, but from what we know about the Accords registration, anybody who's an enhanced vigilante has to sign it. And Spider-Man fits the bill perfectly.

And there's still a chance DD, Jessica, Inhumans etc could cameo in the film. Maybe they could show a montage of Ross and the World Governments hunting down the 'enhanced'. I certainly think there's a good chance they'll show some Inhuman/enhanced vigilantes signing the Accords.

Daisy Johnson surely has to sign it, to be even allowed to operate alongside SHIELD.

And Hawkeye isn't exactly an enhanced vigilante. He's just a SHIELD agent. Yet his name is there amongst the signatories. That means that the likes of Melinda May and Bobbi Morse should be signing it too.

Daisy Johnson surely has to sign it, to be even allowed to operate alongside SHIELD.

And Hawkeye isn't exactly an enhanced vigilante. He's just a SHIELD agent. Yet his name is there amongst the signatories. That means that the likes of Melinda May and Bobbi Morse should be signing it too.

maybe. maybe not... hawkeyes status as an avenger and vigilante is probably more important and what separates him from Bobbi and May

maybe. maybe not... hawkeyes status as an avenger and vigilante is probably more important and what separates him from Bobbi and May

But he's not enhanced anymore than they are. So what's this talk about someone needing to be enhanced in order to sign the Accords? I don't think that's a requirement.

He was referenced at the end of Ant-Man, so i'm pretty sure the Government is already aware of him. Plus it's kinda hard not to notice a guy in red & blue tights swinging around New York City.

I agree, but from what we know about the Accords registration, anybody who's an enhanced vigilante has to sign it. And Spider-Man fits the bill perfectly.

And there's still a chance DD, Jessica, Inhumans etc could cameo in the film. Maybe they could show a montage of Ross and the World Governments hunting down the 'enhanced'. I certainly think there's a good chance they'll show some Inhuman/enhanced vigilantes signing the Accords.

herry.. theres no way they are cameo-ing all those people ... wishful thinking but its not happening

SHIELD is broken down rn. So it doesn't matter who's an agent.

But he's not enhanced anymore than they are. So what's this talk about someone needing to be enhanced in order to sign the Accords? I don't think that's a requirement.

it may be more than just "enhanced" not to mention siding with those rebeling against the gov usually makes you a wanted man anyway..

herry.. theres no way they are cameo-ing all those people ... wishful thinking but its not happening

They ought to though, so that it really feels like everyone is affected and it's not just the Avengers. It could be like X-Men The Last Stand where you saw dozens of mutants lining up to get the cure, or even First Class where Prof X and Magneto are trying to recruit random mutants. All these people have 1 or 2 second appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"