Homecoming Marvel's Spider-Man Costume!? - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Spider-Gnome, the guy must be oozing with excitement.

I commented when the trailer hit. I was at work and was practically crying. While I do have nitpicks on the deviations, I am sooooo happy (and relieved) with the eyes and the web pattern. You look at the face and it looks straight out of the comics! I was surprised they went with emotive eyes, but I'm not complaining!

Eh I get it but you don't want it looking like the end of x-men 3 either with a bunch of nameless people with powers there just for cool FX.

I don't know.. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Punisher, Elektra, Quake, Absorbing Man, hell even Abomination (though, he would be worlds more expensive) with some other inhumans as late additions wouldn't have bugged me at all :woo:

One can dream.. But I suppose that can wait till Infinity War!

idk if this has been posted yet but

65qaUzL.png

tick on the back

I commented when the trailer hit. I was at work and was practically crying. While I do have nitpicks on the deviations, I am sooooo happy (and relieved) with the eyes and the web pattern. You look at the face and it looks straight out of the comics! I was surprised they went with emotive eyes, but I'm not complaining!
Dude, the eyes were beatiful, i can understand you being happy and crying and i can understand myself because my first comic was a trade of the classic Ditko/Romita years, that was my Spider-Man.

Pros:
- The colors are perfect
- The flat webbing.
- The animated eyes. This may be what we need to break the stigma of actors having to take off their mask because they can't emote through them.
- Love the double web-lining, and the stream lining of the suit.
- Physique is perfect.

Cons:
- No armpit webs.
- Front emblem is a bit too small.
- Black strap parts seem to be a bit pointless. Unless the ones around the waist are for web cartridges.

Middle:
- Lack of messy webbing. Was really wanting it, but it's not a con.
Dude i was expecting you to say the opposite, i'm not going to lie. But basically i agree with this.

The only way to really compare the size of the eyes is when they are more open.
z3Qd7WUs.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely a good costume. It fixed one problem I had with both Raimi and ASM2 costumes. The raised webbing.

The only other problem I had with those two were the extremely flat feet. Can't tell if that's a problem here.

I just woke up to see the suit again.
I'm in love with it.

I still like these completely fabric suits, and wish that Peter's home made suit actually looked either like the Japanese TV series or the Nicholas Hammond one, and that Stark merely upgrades him to the one we see in the trailer. At least it should be the basis for the design.

If Peter is merely wearing a hoodie and something really thrown together, then it's as if Stark has completely invented and designed the classic spider suit rather than Peter. He should've just upgraded it to high tech standards.

Dude, the eyes were beatiful, i can understand you being happy and crying and i can understand myself because my first comic was a trade of the classic Ditko/Romita years, that was my Spider-Man.

I was introduced to Spidey through the 60's cartoon and started collecting comics in 1973. That was the end of the Gil Kane pencils/John Romita ink era and beginning of the Ross Andru era. That was my Spider-Man. Marvel has done it again.

I still like these completely fabric suits, and wish that Peter's home made suit actually looked either like the Japanese TV series or the Nicholas Hammond one, and that Stark merely upgrades him to the one we see in the trailer. At least it should be the basis for the design.

If Peter is merely wearing a hoodie and something really thrown together, then it's as if Stark has completely invented and designed the classic spider suit rather than Peter. He should've just upgraded it to high tech standards.

Perhaps Stark says something like, "But Dude, you have to do something about the outfit." Then Pete talks about limited funds and Stark says he can help in that department. Then Stark asks "Have any ideas?" or Pete says "Well I have some ideas..."

This scene is probably the reveal of the "official" costume; his appearances prior to this are probably all his homemade version.

Some people are having the same reaction to this costume as TASM1 costume. Basically, they wanted Marvel to re-use Raimi's pallete like TASM2 did for their Spidey. They want to see the same thing over and over again. This costume PROVED that you don't have to use Raimi elements to make a comic-accurate Spider-Man, something many of us were saying when TASM2 was revealed.

And kids are going to love Spidey's new lenses. :woot:

Nah, to me ASM1 costume was all wrong. All changes for the sake of changes.

I liked the Raimi suit, but didn't like the sharp angle eyes and silver raised webbing.

I liked ASM2 costume which was damn near perfect (though I hated the franchise), but wished the rims were thicker on the eyes.

I don't like the tiny spider logo or the unnecessary straps, but that face is a thing of beauty! Spider-Man jumping off the pages of the comics!

I did not like anything about the ASM1 costume...

This is a fresh take while still remaining classic. I absolutely love it.

Found a manip that erases the black bands better than I did (but has change to the eyes too):

spiderman_costume_edit_by_sups92-d9ur0na.jpg

People want certain lenses depending on when they started reading and which version they saw first.

For me, the Romita style lenses will always be the classic version. I'm happy even about the smaller spider logo. The only thing I'm not so fond of are the black bands, but everything else I like about the costume, especially the tick spider logo on his back.

Nah, to me ASM1 costume was all wrong. All changes for the sake of changes.

I liked the Raimi suit, but didn't like the sharp angle eyes and silver raised webbing.

I liked ASM2 costume which was damn near perfect (though I hated the franchise), but wished the rims were thicker on the eyes.

I don't like the tiny spider logo or the unnecessary straps, but that face is a thing of beauty! Spider-Man jumping off the pages of the comics!

I did not like anything about the ASM1 costume...

This sums my feelings pretty much except I don't mind the small logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"