• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming Marvel's Spider-Man Costume!? - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. Me personally, I was expecting this suit to sort of be like his first suit. Something that respects the past but still modern and still a naive suit. The black strips give it the naive part but the eyes respect the past.

I know people hate DC's New 52 but I love the first Batsuit Batman wears in Zero Year.

bruce-wayne-35.jpg

That's the kind of feeling I get from the Spidey suit. Respects the past, younger suit, and modern.
Describes my feelings perfectly.

Honestly, this is a perfect mix of USM cartoon , Ditko/Romita and the MCU brand of costuming. It honestly stands out really well compared to the other looks of the movie. I'm not going to lie I am a big fan/defender of the ASM and ASM 2 looks, but I am loving this.

The emotive eyes work well, it really speaks on how far we come. I kind of hope we see the mechanical camera shutters explanation in the movie. The costume feels simple yet very detailed at the same time.

But the only gripe I have is the back tick spider. I can't like it looks like the early Ditko back spider, but I prefer the Alex Ross back spider if anything.

These collections of suits miss the symbiote, and TASM2 suit.

For good reason. The symbiote was just a colorless Raimi suit, and TASM2 just looked like a slightly better Raimi suit.

The weird thing is that in here (where i live, Argentina), the Raimi Black Suit has become more famous and more well known that the actual Black Suit.

Huh, well different places have different standards I guess

are those moving lenses really just working as an emotional enhancement or do they serve another purpose as well? why a mechanical eyes that work how you feel beneath? are there sensor who react when he moves his eyebrows or what? i really dont get it

are those moving lenses really just working as an emotional enhancement or do they serve another purpose as well? why a mechanical eyes that work how you feel beneath? are there sensor who react when he moves his eyebrows or what? i really dont get it
Questions will be answered later.

Yeah, I really like the black bands.

I liked them fine yesterday, but now that I've slept on it...nah. I get why they're there, but they bring the costume down from an 8 (my original score) to a 7.

someone on reddit just pointed this out: Spidey's new symbol is both a spider and a man.

REaLULp.jpg

The body of the spider is the head and shoulders of a person and then the lines around it make it a spider.

Coincidence or not, I think that's amazing. Especially since Stark designed it. He probably names him, too.

I liked them fine yesterday, but now that I've slept on it...nah. I get why they're there, but they bring the costume down from an 8 (my original score) to a 7.

Why do they bring them down for you?

someone on reddit just pointed this out: Spidey's new symbol is both a spider and a man.

REaLULp.jpg

The body of the spider is the head and shoulders of a person and then the lines around it make it a spider.
What a coincidence. I love this new logo, it's so simple yet effective.

REaLULp.jpg

Coincidence or not, I think that's amazing. Especially since Stark designed it. He probably names him, too.

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

That's going a bit too far imo.

REaLULp.jpg

You know, at first I was a little bothered by te logo, but now I'm kinda getting used to it.

Why do they bring them down for you?

They look like they're there for the sake of being there. They add nothing to the costume, and are slightly distracting deviations from an otherwise good design.

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

That's going a bit too far imo.

Why? What difference does it make? The wrestling announcer in the first Spider-Man gave him his name. It's not like some sacred thing he creates himself.

If they really wanted a logo of a spider and a man, the middle bit could've been the male toilet symbol.

They look like they're there for the sake of being there. They add nothing to the costume, and are slightly distracting deviations from an otherwise good design.

I agree that they're just there to be there. But I don't see how they're at all distracting. I didn't even notice them when I first watched the trailer.

REaLULp.jpg

I don't think that's intentional. Maybe I'm missing something. Couldn't you say the original comic book spider design is a man too, since it has a head and a body if you take away the legs?

I don't think that's intentional. Maybe I'm missing something. Couldn't you say the original comic book spider design is a man too, since it has a head and a body if you take away the legs?

It is a stretch, I agree. But I see it here more than i do in other designs. I dunno. It's probably just me. Still thought it was neat.

Once I got a closer look at it , I'm loving it , classic John Romita Sr , with a little modern Tony Stark thrown in

hjvlwqhfugulqdbzph0s.png

Like many have already stated, this new MCU Spidey costume is close to perfection for me. :ilv:

PROS

* Love the new mask with classic Romita look
* Love the flat/recessed webs
* Articulated tech eyes with camera lens inspiration is awesome (I especially like when the frames close to a squint, unlike many, I prefer the whites smaller and the black frame thicker)
* Belt with web cartridges!
* Design looks classic like it jumped off the pages of a retro comic, while at the same time sleek and modern and fits right into the MCU cinematic world. Miracle!
* Hi-def closeups show nice subtle cloth textures
* Decals on front and back again draw nice inspiration from the classic designs and differentiate nicely from the previous films
* Glad it doesn't have armpit webs, I personally never want to see those in the cinematic suits

CONS

I don't think I have any based on the current look we've seen. He looks a little bright and washed out in some videos on Youtbe but nice and saturated in others like the image above (which I highly prefer) and I can take or leave the black bands but they don't bother me.

Like I said, this suit design is very close to perfection! :yay:

Last edited:
I'm still not a 100% sold on the moving eyes , We live in a digital world , so I'm not really understanding the need for mechanical shutters on the lenses , , but I am looking forward to the explanation of it , and just what those lenses are capable of , I wonder if they'll have some kind of Heads Up Display technology to them , maybe night vision or infrared capability to them ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"