Mattchew's fanart thread 3.0... *****ing out, hardcore style.

I am <finally> finished with my April entry.

The theme is to recreate a character in a different era, so after many idea about this wonderfully broad theme, I decided to do 'Catwoman BC'...

CatwomanBC.jpg

Here's the final version...

It's supposed to be album art for an 'album' of 'rap music' my little brother is making... don't ask.

Anyway, here's the final version:

album_censored.jpg

click below for the hardcore, downright evil version...

album.jpg

So... done. DOOOONE!
This Juggernaut battle scene was just for fun, but MAN did it take forever...

juggernaut.jpg

Really quick/random post...

I like to make my own cards for b-day's and stuff, but I ususally do them by hand. Since I've been messing around in Photoshop so much, thought I'd do it that way this time.

Here's the result...

big_girl.jpg

Can't really explain the motivation, as I just started drawing random stuff and this is what came out onto the page.

No EXACTLY fanart, but I thought I'd post it, so you could all judge me.

My final for the Spidey fanart contest. As I've said in the contest thread, I am WEAK at anything with depth and have never really done cast shadows, so while this is not a strong example of either (particularly depth) I am taking baby steps... (baby steps to the elevator!)

Anyway, here it is...

SpideyGroup.jpg

since I've been messing around on the computer doing cartoon stuff for the past year 2 years or so, I haven't been drawing in a sketch book much anymore, but that used to be what I did a lot...

I thought I'd post some stuff I did a few years back...

Here's weird faces I drew... Not anything great, but I decided to post em because this was my first attempt at trying to be a little more refined while doodling, and the end result of that is the stuff I've been posting in this thread for the past 2 years.

faces.jpg

More to come...

More of my old stuff from my sketch book...

The above post with the four faces was in a more cartoon stlye (that I do my posts here in), but I used to go for more realism when I was drawing and trying to put effort into it.

Here's the first of a few pics I did with pencils. It's based on a picture of Jennifer Connelly that was in EW @ some point...

woman_1.jpg

I had to scan it four times and photoshop it together, so that explains some of the weird 'wavy' coloring on the left side... couldn't ever get it to look better on the comp.

Here's another pic out of my sketch book from a few years back...

It's based on a picture of Estella Warren (the girl from the 'Apes' remake) that was in EW years and years ago.

woman_2.jpg

Again, this is photoshopped together from four scans, so there's some weird wavy lighting thing going on.

One last pic from my sketch book...

This one is based on an American Eagle ad.

a_kiss.jpg

This one was photoshopped together like the others, but for some reason it came out much better.

Drum roll, please!...

1000th_Post.jpg

1000 down. 2000 to go till i get a decent avatar size. ;)

FINAL!

This is just a for fun pic I did, since I love the female Batman villains. The idea being it's Harley's house and she's decorated in her favorite colors...

the_girls.jpg

Just a random post... Meant to be like.... A catwoman fan @ a convention.

I did this a million years back, but I found it in a stack of stuff so I decided to scan it.

cat_fan.jpg

This was done with Crayola colored pencils (eww), and a while back, so I'm not exactly holding this up as an example of great work... but I thought her slight-belly was funny. So I posted it.

Here was in inspiration for my Leela pic...

bioLeela.jpg

Not completely happy with this, but I lost steam when I had to recreate the final from the scan of a printout, after I lost the file.

Anyway, I threw in some blood, and called it a day! ;)

LeeLa.jpg

Let me know what you think.

moz-screenshot-7.jpg
Here's my June entry...

Been busting this one out today, because I kinda thought I might lose motivation after I see the movie... ;)

This is obviously (i hope) a pic of the Surfer and the Human Torch going head to head, since that seems to be something that is gonna happen in the movie (based on the trailer).

No sign of Galactus in the trailer, but I had to fill the background. :)

SurferTorch.jpg

So Dew k. Mosi started a new thread similar to the monthly contests... except its not at all a contest. It's just a causal thread where there's gonna be a theme (maybe every two weeks or so) and the idea is to take that theme and run with it...

It's called DrawerGeeks, and so far, I'm loving it!

The first theme was Galactus, and I JUST did Galactus in my fanart contest entry, so I was thinking of a fun, less-literal way to do him...

This is what I came up with:

Galactus.jpg

This is a design for a birthday card I made for my friend... Not sure WHY Jesus is dunking, but... well...

slamdunkjesus_1.jpg

Did this as a nice quick little piece, for KAD's thread entitled 'Crazy Idea', where he asked if people would do their take on female characters.

Here's a link to the thread, if you want to check it out and join in.

Anyway, here's the final pic, in honor of KAD's daughter's birth:

Supergirl.jpg

I reused a few things from other pics of mine... Her head and hair are altered versions of Rogue's from my Juggernaut pic, and the chained hands are a variation of Robin's from my 'Women of Batman' pic.

Hope you like it, KAD!... and I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

2000th_Post.jpg.jpg

2000 down, 1000 to go, for a better avatar! Moving on...

Here is my entry for the month... My take on Wolverine as a robot.

wolverine_bot.jpg

I was going for a little less literal take, so I hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think.

I was ALL OVER the place with ideas for this month's contest, but I settled on 'Castlevania' cause I love the game and also since I have monsters on the brain after watching 'Monster Squad' recently.

castlevania.jpg

I tried to include monsters from some of the early NES games (like flying Medusa heads, Skeletons that throw bones @ you, etc.)

Decided to return to my sketch pad. For my first more realistic thing in years, I'm happy enough with it. All the work I've done coloring pics in photoshop made the shading process with a pencil much faster, from what I remember.

lady.jpg

here's an animation of my progress.

lady_1.gif

Let me know what you think.

Here's a card I made for my friend's birthday. It's kinda random... It's a reference to a sketch from HBO's 'Mr Show'.

tofutti_break.jpg

Let me know what you think... Especially if you're a 'Mr Show' fan.

If you're interested, click below to see the sketch this card references. This clip is actually of two sketches. The one my card references is the second one.

Fair warning... 'Mr. Show' might be too intense for some, so if you're easily offended you may want to skip the clip.

[YT]e5i6BHBuqxE[/YT]​

A post years in the making....

3000posts.jpg

I think I might even get an avatar bump @ this point. I need to check into that!

Final on the warrior theme contest. My take on Logan the Barbarian...

logan_strom_warrior.jpg

This is the flat version of my 2007 x-mas card design... it actually (when constructed) has a pull tab that makes the whole thing move... When I figure out how, I'll post animation of the motion...

x-mas_2007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"