Mattchew's fanart thread 3.0... *****ing out, hardcore style.

1st new final, for the new thread!

This is a picture I posted progress pics of in my old thread, but here's the final... Just some random guy from a fashion ad. It's my second attempt at more realistic stuff in a long time. Not thrilled with it, but I'm gonna keep at it.

guy1.jpg

Let me know what you think!

luv seeing the progression in your art Mattchew

you're like an artsy hermit crab.:cyclops:

Yeah... im kinda impatient and don't like sifting through pages and pages of other people's thread with only one or two pics per page, so I tend to do house cleaning every now and then so people can see my stuff quick and easy.

luv seeing the progression in your art Mattchew

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------

Starting a new sketch.

This is the very first and second rounds of shading on the face.

guy2_01.jpg
guy2_02.jpg

Final on the new sketch of the guy from some random ad...

guy2.jpg

I'm actually pretty happy with this, as it's a LOT more realistic than past stuff I've done, although I realize there is loads of room for improvement.

I'd really like to hear critiques, as I'm really pushing myself it get better in the more realistic style.

Matt your work just gets better and better

You are an asset to tyhe Hype

Matt your work just gets better and better

You are an asset to the Hype

Thanks, as always, Kad!

---------------------------------------------------

New final. Did this very quickly, trying to get detail into a full body picture (in other words, detailing into something smaller on the page).

Not thrilled with it (the face in particular) but what are you gonna do. Maybe better next time... If nothing else, it was just fun to do something a little more dynamic.

dancer.jpg

Kinda reminds me of Matt Wagner's stuff, somehow.

Cool to see you doing something different. Not that your usual stuff isn't good, ah...you know what I mean. :woot:

I love the cartoony style-- so it looks like you're taking a life drawing class, nice work... but lets see more females :)

Keep up the badass work mon frere--

your female bat-villians are sexy-- I like the pic of Harley decorating her house the best!

I forgot how great your pics are! It's been a while since I've perused down the fan art boards. The thing that really stands out for me are the soft, almost washed out colors. With everything using the look of Halo and Mario and trying to make everything almost cartoonishly bright and rich, it's graet to see some work that is a little more muted. It's just a lot easier on the eyes.

And an awesome image idea for you could be to utilize a very realistic body form and linework, just like what you've been posting recently, but coloring and shading it like your more animated work. The contrast could make for a very interesting image.

Fantastic shading Matt! i love the drunk Santa!!

Thanks for all the kind words... I'd reply to each individually, but I'm posting on the fly...

-------------------------------------------------

Here's a final on another sketch I did.

tony.jpg

My next thing will be a more cartoon-style thing for the Jan contest, whatever it may be, but untill then, let me know what you think.

Doing this cartoon style contest here on SHH in another thread. The first theme was to do a cartoon version of a DC Hero... I did the gold standard of the DC library: Aquaman.

Aquaman.jpg

Here was in inspiration for my Leela pic...

LeeLa.jpg

Let me know what you think.

This is sweet-- I love your style man! I would love to see your interpretation of bats and joker from TDK... Keep up the good work my friend!

congrats on winning the december contest! nice one.

This is sweet-- I love your style man! I would love to see your interpretation of bats and joker from TDK... Keep up the good work my friend!

Love this one too :word:

Thanks for all the kind words here, and in the fanart contest thread!

congrats on winning the december contest! nice one.

thanks as always, man!

-------------------------

Here's My Hero Sell-Out contest entry.

I did Nascar Batman based on the idea of the car with all the logos, but I threw in a Car-Model-Batgirl for good measure.

nascar_bats.jpg

ha! thats awesome! i love it!

thanks!

I like the eyes.

thanks, again!

very good

thanks... not thrilled with the face on that one... might have to revisit Sups some time soon.

----------------------------------------------------

In prep for round 2 of the cartoon contest, I made a cartoon of a Marvel character... In this case, Rogue. Now I just have to MAKE IT to round two.

I did it RIGHT after I saw Juno, so I kinda let that inform a teen version of Rogue...

Rogue-1.jpg

Hope you like it!

This is my first time in this thread and I'm really digging the artwork. I love the Batman NASCAR one, and your realism pictures are great -- excellent shading.

Keep it up.

thanks!

thanks, again!

thanks... not thrilled with the face on that one... might have to revisit Sups some time soon.

----------------------------------------------------

In prep for round 2 of the cartoon contest, I made a cartoon of a Marvel character... In this case, Rogue. Now I just have to MAKE IT to round two.

Shouldn't have a problem with that one, Matt.

Shouldn't have a problem with that one, Matt.

i'll say.

nascar_bats.jpg

[/CENTER]

great concept, great execution... your manipulation of the logos to follow the various contours of car, cape etc. is especially impressive. and looking back at your work: such an amazing improvement in terms of anatomy, composition, colours, textures & the whole shebang. i do, however, have a request. how about trying one of your pics from a slightly different angle other than "straight-on"...? it's the next challenge!! all the best

Thanks for all the kind words here, and in the fanart contest thread!

thanks as always, man!

-------------------------

Here's My Hero Sell-Out contest entry.

I did Nascar Batman based on the idea of the car with all the logos, but I threw in a Car-Model-Batgirl for good measure.

nascar_bats.jpg

Let me know what you think!​

This is awesome! I love all the ads on the cape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"