Mattchew's fanart thread 2.0... The *****e just got *****ier!

Looking good man!

It's good to see you drawing again, it means you're doing better (I hope it does at least). Good to have u back. :up:

Thanks... still kinda a zombie with the pain pills and all, but I'm on the mend.

-------------------------------------------------

Drunken Mall-Santa update...

I added a belt, nipple, belly button, some armpit hair, and a bottle of 'Old Timey Cough Elixir'... It really goes down smooth.

santa_05.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Ugh I need some of that Elixir, I got a cold and I sound like a 48 y-o. But hey nothing compared to what you went through so I'll shut up now :oldrazz:

Get better dude!

Dude, those Jesus pictures are freakin' HILARIOUS! My Mom's a bit Jesus-Crispy, and I make blasphemous jokes around her constantly! Make more!

Ugh I need some of that Elixir, I got a cold and I sound like a 48 y-o. But hey nothing compared to what you went through so I'll shut up now :oldrazz:
Get better dude!

FINALLY feeling better just in time for the weekend! yes!

Gross and kick-ass in equal measure!
x

Thanks.

Dude, those Jesus pictures are freakin' HILARIOUS! My Mom's a bit Jesus-Crispy, and I make blasphemous jokes around her constantly! Make more!

I need divine inspiration to do a Jesus pic... but when I get it, I will make another... they're just too fun. Thanks, btw.

-------------------

Santa update...

santa_06.jpg

looks great, always look forward to checking this thread to see your new stuff.

can't wait to see that finished though.

looks great, always look forward to checking this thread to see your new stuff.

can't wait to see that finished though.

thanks... getting close enough to a final (in shape) that im gonna start testing out constructing these... then i'll do some shading work.

-----------------

here's the current:

santa_07.jpg

Haha, awesome. :up:

Haha, awesome. :up:

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm taking a bit of a break from my x-mas card to enter the fanart contest. I haven't entered for 2 months, if I'm remembering correctly, so it was time.

I doing a cross between Wolverine and Conan the Barbarian... Here's the start:

warrior_01.jpg

And here's the head with some flat color...

warrior_02.jpg

Let me know what you think!

That's friggin awesome, Matt. Can't wait to see the rest.

That's friggin awesome, Matt. Can't wait to see the rest.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a bit more, again with temp color....

warrior_03.jpg

great to have you back matt.

this pic is looking great so far, it's def a fantastic concept. can't wait to see what you're gonna do with the claws!

this pic is looking great so far, it's def a fantastic concept. can't wait to see what you're gonna do with the claws!

Quoted For Truth.

Quoted For Truth.

Thanks, both of you!

----------------------------------------------------

So I made a few more updates...

I changed the eyes, the strap across the the chest, the hair line, and added wrists and one of the hands.

warrior_04.jpg

Thanks, both of you!

----------------------------------------------------

So I made a few more updates...

I changed the eyes, the strap across the the chest, the hair line, and added wrists and one of the hands.

warrior_04.jpg

Fantastic Matt. I don't know if you've been practicing while away from your thread, but the anatomy looks great on this piece. The hand/claw is awesome. and the torso looks great, too.

More!

Fantastic Matt. I don't know if you've been practicing while away from your thread, but the anatomy looks great on this piece. The hand/claw is awesome. and the torso looks great, too.
More!

No practice... Just Halloween costume making and kidney stones. I'm trying to get better with anatomy, however... glad you like it! From you, that's quite a complement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's yet another update: Legs, waist, necklace, and a few really little things.

warrior_05.jpg

Its looking great! Cant wait to see it in context!

Its looking great! Cant wait to see it in context!

Thanks! Not exactly sure what I'm gonna do with the setting. I may have to break out the Conan dvds for inspiration.

-------------------------------------------

Here's the current... I added the legs, altered some stuff at the waist, added the left hand, and changed a few other little things...

warrior_06.jpg

Let me know what you think. Next step: shading & background.

Looking hot! I love how you altered the usual elements to make them more "barbarian". That's really neat!

Looking hot! I love how you altered the usual elements to make them more "barbarian". That's really neat!

Thanks. I was going for hot! ;)

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey... here's another update. Added a sexy-ass Storm and some chest hair.

warrior_077.jpg

love the storm, but the chest hair looks weeird. maybe try to make the chest hair more evenly dispursed over his chest? arm hair, too, eh?
your work makes me smiley.
:)

inclusion of sexy-ass storm = stroke of fragging genius

I kinda disagree about the chest hair I think it works with your style

But I do agree that arm hair would take it up a notch

Your style just screams animation to me

I think that where you should be

love the storm, but the chest hair looks weeird. maybe try to make the chest hair more evenly dispursed over his chest? arm hair, too, eh?
your work makes me smiley.
:)

inclusion of sexy-ass storm = stroke of fragging genius

Seconded!

I kinda disagree about the chest hair I think it works with your style
But I do agree that arm hair would take it up a notch
Your style just screams animation to me
I think that where you should be

Well I think I reply to all of these in one go, as they are similarly themed. For one, thanks for the kind words. Secondly, I fully intend to add more body hair (on Logan, not Storm). Having said that, I scrapped the chest hair for the time being until I can try out some other methods of getting the right look in photoshop. We'll see if I have any success getting a look better than that. Thanks, as always, for truly constructive criticism.

---------------------------------------------

Update... I shaved the chest hair and added the first pass of shading (so far only to their skin).

warrior_08.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"