Mattchew's fanart thread 3.0... *****ing out, hardcore style.

Bravo

On both pics

I can't say it enough

Skip the contests and submit your work and ideas to an animation studio

Or if all else fails MTV

Best work yet

By the way, you are probably right about using DC characters,

but...

You can use them in a satirical way once

Just read the Tick

Just a quick for-fun cartoony redesign of Croc...

croc.jpg

Let me know what you think!​

I think b****in. your color sense makes me think of "kim possible" ... except, better. ha.

croc.jpg

You know I've never been a fan of later-day interpretations of croc that have him look more like an actual crocodile (i.e. Hush), but this one works quite nicely. It presents a very beastial nature but the humanity within is still present. Croc has never been the brightest bulb but there's no reason for him to be a mindless animal. He is not Curt Connors. I think you've successfully avoided that.:up:

great stuff Mattchew

Thanks

Incredible work, I love it.

And here is the winner of the latest contest. I love this one too. Perfect.
Joker's face, and everything.

I just noticed the little details like Bruce's check, or the time of day or that its St. Patricks Day. Great stuff.

Thanks, sean!

Its good to see an artist step in and out of his comfort zone. i like how you are working with two different styles and I've gotta admit, the cartoonish style is executed with perfection every time. LOVE IT. As far as the photo-realism goes, there is a very distinctive sense of progression in your work. Looking good!

thanks! i appreciate the kind words about the cartoon stuff, but as you might imagine the realistic stuff is a huge challenge for me so thanks for the confidence boost in that department! ;)

just a cartoon pic of me in your style..........I could pay???

hmm... im not sure id deliver something you'd actually like so I'd feel weird about taking money. anyway, Im working on a piece right now, but maybe next week. pm me.

Bravo

On both pics
I can't say it enough
Skip the contests and submit your work and ideas to an animation studio
Or if all else fails MTV

Best work yet

Thanks!

By the way, you are probably right about using DC characters,

but...

You can use them in a satirical way once

Just read the Tick

I actually never have... I saw a ep or two of the cartoon when I was younger, but I'll have to check it out.

I think b****in. your color sense makes me think of "kim possible" ... except, better. ha.

ha. I know what kim possible is, but outside of being able to mentally conjure kim possible, herself, I had to google the show to see what you mean. I see what you mean. I just tend to prefer a more subtle color pallet... (my mind almost melted when I saw the trailer for the 'Spider Racer' movie, btw)

You know I've never been a fan of later-day interpretations of croc that have him look more like an actual crocodile (i.e. Hush), but this one works quite nicely. It presents a very beastial nature but the humanity within is still present. Croc has never been the brightest bulb but there's no reason for him to be a mindless animal. His is not Curt Connors. I think you've successfully avoided that.:up:

funny you say that. I was going for more like a corc, without making him 'the lizard' specifically, so I'm glad you feel that way! ::woot:

Just a quick for-fun cartoony redesign of Croc...

croc.jpg

Very nice! Kind of reminds me of the crocodile from Peter Pan, only in pants. The one thing that is bothering me is the right bicep sittinf behind the right shoulder. From the angle that Croc's standing, his right arm would be coming toward us. Since the bicep would be closer to us than the shoulder, it would be placed in front.

Other than that, the pic looks great! I like the hands and the posture and figure is perfect.

This is very cool man.

Thanks!

Very nice! Kind of reminds me of the crocodile from Peter Pan, only in pants. The one thing that is bothering me is the right bicep sittinf behind the right shoulder. From the angle that Croc's standing, his right arm would be coming toward us. Since the bicep would be closer to us than the shoulder, it would be placed in front.

Other than that, the pic looks great! I like the hands and the posture and figure is perfect.

Thanks for the tips... I think I might do a quick sketch taking that stuff into account for practice.

Well I've decided come hell or high water, I'm gonna learn to use my graphics tablet. When I started this piece, I decided I'd force myself to use it almost exclusively.

As for the subject of this piece... I decided to do a picture of the Elphaba (The Wicked Witch of the West) from Gregory Maguire's book 'Wicked' and, obviously, 'The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz'.

elphaba.jpg

Like I said, first time really taking my graphics tab for a serious spin, so comments and critiques would be appreciated.

looks amazing dude!!! reminds me of something...can't rmemebr what though really really like it ............. thumbs up

A final on my March 08 fanart contest entry.

The theme: Heroes/Villians past their prime.

I did a picture of a Joker/Bats chase set in a retirement community...

Old_Bat_Joke.jpg

Hope you like it!

HAHA. This is pretty sick. Very nice.

yeah...i love that piece. nice attention to detail in the background. *clicks and saves*

Well I've decided come hell or high water, I'm gonna learn to use my graphics tablet. When I started this piece, I decided I'd force myself to use it almost exclusively.

As for the subject of this piece... I decided to do a picture of the Elphaba (The Wicked Witch of the West) from Gregory Maguire's book 'Wicked' and, obviously, 'The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz'.

elphaba.jpg

Like I said, first time really taking my graphics tab for a serious spin, so comments and critiques would be appreciated.

I love how you make it all look so easy! First time, easy as pie eh?

I love the details on her hair and around the eyes. Her hand is the only thing that looks a LITTLE bit off. But that's just me nitpicking again :p

elphaba.jpg

dude, i love it.. its great. can you do a glenda one too?

looks amazing dude!!! reminds me of something...can't rmemebr what though really really like it ............. thumbs up

thanks!

HAHA. This is pretty sick. Very nice.

Thanks! glad you liked it.

yeah...i love that piece. nice attention to detail in the background. *clicks and saves*

Like KAD was saying in his thread, you're amazing so a compliment from you is always nice.

I usually like them a little less green and a little more human though :p

yeah, yeah.

I love how you make it all look so easy! First time, easy as pie eh?

I love the details on her hair and around the eyes. Her hand is the only thing that looks a LITTLE bit off. But that's just me nitpicking again :p

Not very easy, i assure you. Hoping next time will be easier and with a better result... That's kinda what everyone wants though, right? ;)

As for the hand, I know it's f-ed up. I got to a certain point on this ad though, I wish this was either a bit more cartoony or a bit more realistic looking. Meh. Always next time, right?

dude, i love it.. its great. can you do a glenda one too?

I never though of doing a glinda one, but that could be fun if it was more like her in the musical where she's sickeningly sweet with a pained smile on her face. I'll think about it.

Matt the witch rocks

Thanks, KAD!

Not very easy, i assure you. Hoping next time will be easier and with a better result... That's kinda what everyone wants though, right? ;)

As for the hand, I know it's f-ed up. I got to a certain point on this ad though, I wish this was either a bit more cartoony or a bit more realistic looking. Meh. Always next time, right?

Always next time, but don't worry about it, the final result is still amazing!

alright mate... been feeling a bit blue recently and have been away from the boards... but mate... this is freaking gorgeous!!! really beautiful painterliness to it... 10/10

elphaba.jpg

I really like this. As much as the image itself is awesome, it's the feeling that makes it. She's the wicked witch, and yet she appears in almost a positive light. she definitely doesn't look evil.

It would be nice to see a picture of glenda that looked negative. for sake of contrast.

thanks!

Thanks! glad you liked it.

Like KAD was saying in his thread, you're amazing so a compliment from you is always nice.

yeah, yeah.

I never though of doing a glinda one, but that could be fun if it was more like her in the musical where she's sickeningly sweet with a pained smile on her face. I'll think about it.

Thanks, KAD!

thanks man, and yes.. she must be the prozac version :)

elphaba.jpg

Like I said, first time really taking my graphics tab for a serious spin, so comments and critiques would be appreciated.​

That came out amazingly! As far as being a first piece with your tab well, I'm simply in awe. As I've said before, great job!

Always next time, but don't worry about it, the final result is still amazing!

Thanks!

[/center]

alright mate... been feeling a bit blue recently and have been away from the boards... but mate... this is freaking gorgeous!!! really beautiful painterliness to it... 10/10

Crap.. just read this... Sorry to hear you're not feeling great. Hope things turn around... they have a way of doing that in time.

Thanks for the kind words!

I really like this. As much as the image itself is awesome, it's the feeling that makes it. She's the wicked witch, and yet she appears in almost a positive light. she definitely doesn't look evil.

It would be nice to see a picture of glenda that looked negative. for sake of contrast.

It's on! I have some ideas, but I have to take a break from the Oz world for a bit.

thanks man, and yes.. she must be the prozac version :)

Definately! ;)

That came out amazingly! As far as being a first piece with your tab well, I'm simply in awe. As I've said before, great job!

Thanks!

awesome...keep the influential cycle spinning.

For sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"