MCU Fight: Captain America Vs. Gamora

Captain America: Civil War has to be the bane of every Iron Man fans existence.

Iron Man should've washed Cap and Bucky.

Not really, I know, and every sane fan that's not wearing their Cap fanboy goggles know Iron Man beats Cap 10 out of 10 times.

I still enjoy the movie and know Iron Man came out a hero after the movie.

Not really, I know, and every sane fan that's not wearing their Cap fanboy goggles know Iron Man beats Cap 10 out of 10 times.

Well I personally think Marvel has done a great job of finding creative ways that one character can stand against another that is not necessarily in the same power tier. Because let's face it you can't expect Iron Man to win in a movie called Captain America.

Surfer

I was Team Iron Man all the way btw bro :highfive:

Captain America: Civil War has to be the bane of every Iron Man fans existence.

Iron Man should've washed Cap and Bucky.

If it were the comic versions, sure.

It wasn't. It was the movie versions, where both Steve and Bucky are significantly superhuman. Combine that with a favorable environment, and the outcome was totally plausible.

It wasn't. It was the movie versions, where both Steve and Bucky are significantly superhuman. Combine that with a favorable environment, and the outcome was totally plausible.

I don't know about significantly superhuman, Cap got battered by Loki and couldn't stop that car from falling in Age of Ultron.

They're on the lower end of superhuman.

Preach. Which is why at the end it's Tony sitting sadly on his ass, broken and defeated.

Had the fight been in an open area, where Tony could make the most of his mobility and ranged weapons advantages, he'd win.

But, in close quarters Cap, with a little assist from Bucky, scragged him - and it made sense due to good writing and direction. Nice !

Preach. Which is why at the end it's Tony sitting sadly on his ass, broken and defeated.

Had the fight been in an open area, where Tony could make the most of his mobility and ranged weapons advantages, he'd win.

But, in close quarters Cap, with a little assist from Bucky, scragged him - and it made sense due to good writing and direction. Nice !

A LOT of assistance from Bucky, they were double teaming him for most of the fact and Bucky was the one who damaged Iron Man's arc reactor.

Are we talking comic book powers or MCU based?

If it's MCU then it'll be Cap.

Comic book wise, come on now..... Thanos is a Cosmic Level Genius! During the start of the whole Infinity Gauntlet series. Gamara underwent Thanos's own version of the "Weapon X" program after she was savagely beaten by Alien pirates as a Teen. While repairing Gamara, Thanos gave her "Unbreakable Bones", Enhanced strength and an Accelerated Healing factor. She also spared with Thanos during most of her youth. So IMO the MCU doesn't really do her much justice.

But to be fair neither do the comics lately.

Last edited:
Are we talking comic book powers or MCU based?

If it's MCU then it'll be Cap.

Comic book wise, come on now..... Thanos is a Cosmic Level Genius! During the start of the whole Infinity Gauntlet series. Gamara underwent Thanos's own version of the "Weapon X" program after she was savagely beaten by Alien pirates as a Teen. While repairing Gamara, Thanos gave her "Unbreakable Bones", Enhanced strength and an Accelerated Healing factor. She also spared with Thanos during most of her youth. So IMO the MCU doesn't really do her much justice.

But to be fair neither do the comics lately.

All of the battles that BigThor, jaqua99 and myself (Surfer) are hosting, are based on the MCU versions of the characters. This battle between Captain America and Gamora is currently over and the voting has ended. You are welcome to continue to discuss it, but since it is not an active battle you may not get too many responses. We do the battles for 1 week between Sunday through Sunday, with a new battle beginning each week. If you would like to join the current battle it is for Daredevil Vs. Black Widow. Link below.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=536521

The idea behind these battles is they will not only be fun to be involved with, but allow us to build a comprehensive power tier list based on the outcomes. Link to the power tier list is in my signature.

Thanks!

Surfer

I don't know about significantly superhuman, Cap got battered by Loki and couldn't stop that car from falling in Age of Ultron.

Only in the sense that the scale goes very far up. Put differently, being able to throw a motorcycle hard enough to completely total a jeep is not "barely" superhuman, its well into the range. As for getting battered by Loki. . . you do note that Loki has gotten into multiple extended fights with Thor, right? He's not as physically mighty as his brother, but he's still a high end superhuman.

So you agree the only way Cap can beat Iron Man is with help.

No help, close quarters or open area, Iron Man beats Cap every time.

Only in the sense that the scale goes very far up. Put differently, being able to throw a motorcycle hard enough to completely total a jeep is not "barely" superhuman, its well into the range. As for getting battered by Loki. . . you do note that Loki has gotten into multiple extended fights with Thor, right? He's not as physically mighty as his brother, but he's still a high end superhuman.

Yeah he's a clear superhuman, I was just saying he's on the lower end compared to the high end guys like Thor and Hulk.

I'd consider Iron Man, Drax, and Loki somewhere in the middle.

So you agree the only way Cap can beat Iron Man is with help.

No help, close quarters or open area, Iron Man beats Cap every time.

This really means a lot to you, doesn't it ?

I will agree that in Civil War Cap was able to overcome Tony with help - granted for most of that fight Bucky was running away - and I will totally agree that after Tony blasts off Bucky's arm, and then uses Friday's computer tactical skills to find a way to overcome Cap in hand to hand (using a combination of both fists and repulsor blasts) well at that point Cap was pretty much beat.

That "stay down, final warning" bit, at that point if Bucky hadn't distracted Tony, that would have been the end of the fight......... but then that momentary distraction allows Cap to seize the advantage and defeat Tony comprehensively.

In close quarters using fists and shield and Tony only using his fists I think Cap could possibly take Tony = mostly because using just fists and the shield he was able to smash through Tony's armour, rip off his helmet and disable the arc reactor.

However, once Tony uses repulsor's and Friday's tactical program, well Cap's screwed.

However, at long range or in open ground Cap is at a massive disadvantage, and if Tony used those factors to his advantage he's going to beat Cap pretty quickly.

Cap was able to hold his own against War Machine, for a short time, in CW because Rhodey engages him at close quarters.

This is the movie versions, the comic book versions are a very different story: Tony beats Cap pretty easily.

Feel better now ?

( and Gamora would only last a few seconds against Iron Man)

Last edited:

The car fell in AoU because the bumper broke off not because of Cap's lack of strength

The car fell in AoU because the bumper broke off not because of Cap's lack of strength

It definitely was because lack of strength, he was sliding with the car he was not going to stop it.

It definitely was because lack of strength, he was sliding with the car he was not going to stop it.

This.

Although Caps strength levels are somewhat all over the place, basically he's as strong as the situation or moment needs him to be.

This.

Although Caps strength levels are somewhat all over the place, basically he's as strong as the situation or moment needs him to be.

That's a fair comment given that we also see him kick a truck and move it, as well as throw a motorcycle.

That's a fair comment given that we also see him kick a truck and move it, as well as throw a motorcycle.

That's not the same as actually stopping or lifting a car's entire weight though.

Iron man is definitely stronger.

Oh, certainly, Iron Man is stronger. I'd say Cap is somewhere in the Spider-man range, strength-wise. He just comes off as more effective, because he matches that strength with an extremely high level of skill, so it gets leveraged more effectively.

Oh, certainly, Iron Man is stronger. I'd say Cap is somewhere in the Spider-man range, strength-wise. He just comes off as more effective, because he matches that strength with an extremely high level of skill, so it gets leveraged more effectively.

Nice ! I would put MCU Cap below Spidey, but vastly more skillful (as you say) which leads to much better results.

Nice ! I would put MCU Cap below Spidey, but vastly more skillful (as you say) which leads to much better results.

Yeah Spider-Man is a good deal stronger than Cap, Spidey actually lifts cars and was stopping a boat from splitting in half for a short period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"