MCU Fight: Thor vs Ego The Living Planet

But Ego can create with a thought. Thor has to exert more effort to destroy. I don't think he can destroy as fast as Ego can create. Again, Ego can be everywhere on his planet at once. Thor's focus cannot be.

I think a lot of people are overlooking Ego blasting the Sovereign fleet to cinders ( while in his human form, travelling through space).
Also, Ego was not trying to kill Peter during their god-fight smackdown.

Still, with Thor's immense strength and durability ( much, much, much more so than any of GOTG) and the ridiculously powerful Stormbreaker I think he has a fighting chance - I don't believe he could weaponize the Bifrost but he certainly could make a fast entrance or exit.

If Ego could trap him under enough rock ( as in a small continent) that might be it for Thor, but if the Thunder God can breach the core ( which looked to me more like metal than stone - hence the laser drills were necessary to tunnel into it).

I don't think Ego could synthesize Vibranium, otherwise he would have made his core shell out of it.

I think Ego would take this 6/10 and Thor 4/10, so slight edge to Ego.

This is a difficult match-up to decide . Aside from IG Thanos and maybe Dormammu, Ego has possibly the biggest overall power of any MCU character. His takeover of the entire universe would have involved an insane amount of energy. But despite this, his actual combat feats were pretty unimpressive and Thor would have no trouble smashing through his Kurt Russell forms.

At the same time, Thor could technically just planet-bust using the Bifrost, although he most likely isn't going to do that in character. I feel that, given enough time, Thor could eventually deal enough damage to Ego to get through to his core and from there obliterate him using Stormbreaker. And even if he gets into a tight spot, he can still use the Bifrost to make a quick exit.

So Thor takes it, although it'd definitely be a long, hard slog.

I think a lot of people are overlooking Ego blasting the Sovereign fleet to cinders ( while in his human form, travelling through space).
Also, Ego was not trying to kill Peter during their god-fight smackdown.

Still, with Thor's immense strength and durability ( much, much, much more so than any of GOTG) and the ridiculously powerful Stormbreaker I think he has a fighting chance - I don't believe he could weaponize the Bifrost but he certainly could make a fast entrance or exit.

If Ego could trap him under enough rock ( as in a small continent) that might be it for Thor, but if the Thunder God can breach the core ( which looked to me more like metal than stone - hence the laser drills were necessary to tunnel into it).

I don't think Ego could synthesize Vibranium, otherwise he would have made his core shell out of it.

I think Ego would take this 6/10 and Thor 4/10, so slight edge to Ego.

This is a difficult match-up to decide . Aside from IG Thanos and maybe Dormammu, Ego has possibly the biggest overall power of any MCU character. His takeover of the entire universe would have involved an insane amount of energy. But despite this, his actual combat feats were pretty unimpressive and Thor would have no trouble smashing through his Kurt Russell forms.

At the same time, Thor could technically just planet-bust using the Bifrost, although he most likely isn't going to do that in character. I feel that, given enough time, Thor could eventually deal enough damage to Ego to get through to his core and from there obliterate him using Stormbreaker. And even if he gets into a tight spot, he can still use the Bifrost to make a quick exit.

So Thor takes it, although it'd definitely be a long, hard slog.

Don't forget to vote guys.

Ego for me, Thor got a big power boost with Stormbreaker, but he wouldn’t know about Ego’s core and fighting an entire planet would be too much for him in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"