MCU Fight: War Machine Vs. Heimdall

Loki was taking bullets and shrugging them off like nothing in Avengers. And Asgardians seem a lot more durable than Frost Giants. Even the Warriors 3 and Sif took out multiple Frost Giants before even getting a scratch.

I don't see bullets doing anything to Heimdall personally. Especially when he can take out a Dark Elf ship all on his lonesome, which were shown to be more durable than even Asgardian ships.

I don't think anything War Machine throws at Heimdall is going to do anything.

MCU = Marvel Cinematic Universe
AoS is a by-product of the MCU. I don't consider it part of the MCU.
Let's see...events in one directly affect the other (Winter Soldier and the end of season one for example), the same characters appear in both (Fury, Colson, Maria Hill, etc.), direct references to specific plot points are referenced (Colson's "death"). I guess you have the right to not consider it part of the MCU, but that doesn't mean it isn't.

An asgardian sword might do more damage than earthly weapons but one sword can't do more damage than the hole arsenal at the disposal of War Machine. One normal asgardian sword was able to pierce through Heimdall and put him in a vulnerable position. Another comparison was how Heimdall took on 3/4 asgardian zombies and was about to be killed, when Skurge with a pair of M16's was able to dispatch dozens of asgardian enemies...

Also we have seen Hofun(Heimdall sword) and Dragonfang(Valkyrire's sword) tear through alien spaceships. These are not random asgardian swords. Loki's daggers are also no regular daggers...

Thor's durability can't be compared with that of regular asgardians or even Heimdal, Valkyrie, The Warrior's Three... Thor is a god, the son of the all powerful Odin... Thor and Hela's durability is miles apart from those of the other asgardians. Hela was stabbed through the gut and just kept on fighting like it was nothing while Heimdall felt the superficial cut to the leg and was immediately in trouble.

We can't confirm that he is bulletproof because there is no evidence of that. We can't just take Thor, Hela and even Loki and objectively put Heimdall in the same ballpark durability wise. War Machine arsenal is not just regular bullets either he has an immense payload of all types of ammunition. Highly destructive ammunition...

Aka, you're arguing from your head cannon. Got it!

Aka, you're arguing from your head cannon. Got it!
What are you even talking about?
I gave my opinion and made plenty of valid points to support it.

What are you even talking about?
I gave my opinion and made plenty of valid points to support it.

The shows are still officially part of the universe by all parties involved, even if they don't cross over. So in other words, you're basically making a head canno. Probably because they're not connected enough in your eyes. But it is still a head cannon none the less.

To each their own. I don't see AOS as an integral part of the MCU.
Then again all of that is beside the point being made here and i rather focus on the topic at hand.

As others have said, it's officially part of the MCU (as are the Netflix shows).

Personally I don't consider Iron Man 3 an integral part of the MCU and I'd rather they made it non-canon but that doesn't mean it is.

An asgardian sword might do more damage than earthly weapons but one sword can't do more damage than the whole arsenal at the disposal of War Machine.
MCU Asgard's a hyper advanced civilisation of alien Gods who combine magic and science. They can make hammers/axes that destroy cities and overpower infinity stones and have a bridge that can instantly teleport to and from anywhere in the Nine Realms. Is it really that far fetched to say their swords do more damage than War Machine's missiles? As I said, we've already seen those swords cut through spaceships and pierce (but not permanently harm) Hela and Thor who would shrug off War Machine's missiles without a scratch.

Thor's durability can't be compared with that of regular asgardians or even Heimdal, Valkyrie, The Warrior's Three... Thor is a god, the son of the all powerful Odin...

And nobody's doing that.

I only mentioned Thor/Hela at all to say it's impressive Asgardian swords can cut them even though they're ridiculously durable.

Last edited:
A lot of spirited arguments, I like it.

This is why I've been wanting to make this battle for a long time.

I don't think anything War Machine throws at Heimdall is going to do anything.

Says it all. Like people have already said, if Loki (who is small and weak even amongst his own race) can shrug off bullets like they're nothing then Heimdall can withstand a heck of a lot more than that. He wins. :woot:

When did Loki got shot at? In the Avengers? Can anyone send me a clip of that.

Also an interesting thing. Hogun was killed by being impaled with one of Hela's magic spears. The asgardian army was all killed by her spears, knives... Even Thor lost an eye because of those things. Skurge was also killed by one of those spears.

Now... a much larger spear was destroyed by bullets from Skurge's 2 M16's. The one that got stuck into the asgardian escape arc. So bullets can obliterate giant Hela spears that kill asgardians but the bullets can't kill or injure asgardians? Also bullets can kill zombie asgardians as seen in Ragnarok. Food for thought.

And once again War Machine's arsenal is much more than regular bullets.

Last edited:
When did Loki got shot at? In the Avengers? Can anyone send me a clip of that.

Also an interesting thing. Hogun was killed by being impaled with one of Hela's magic spears. The asgardian army was all killed by her spears, knives... Even Thor lost an eye because of those things. Skurge was also killed by one of those spears.

Now... a much larger spear was destroyed by bullets from Skurge's 2 M16's. The one that got stuck into the asgardian escape arc. So bullets can obliterate giant Hela spears that kill asgardians but the bullets can't kill or injure asgardians? Also bullets can kill zombie asgardians as seen in Ragnarok. Food for thought.

And once again War Machine's arsenal is much more than regular bullets.

[YT]14SfzSXJrl8[/YT]

I really don't see Rhodey winning this.

Heimdall is more powerful than Hogun, Volstagg, and Fandral. I should think he is probably more physically powerful than Loki. Loki survived hits from Thor and Hulk that I think would decimate Rhodey's armor.

idk, this one seems obvious to me.

Heimdall all the way.

Agents of Shield is not part of the MCU.
It's a PG13 movie so the lack of much blood and lacerations isn't a big surprise. We don't need everything being spelled out for us to understand what was going to happen to Heimdall in that moment if Korg didn't showed up.

He used a last resource thing using the dark magic to open the Bifrost and transport Hulk. Again for me the Bifrost is a means of transportation not really a weapon. Heimdall more powerful than the Hulk? Come on man.

Have to agree with that. The Bifrost was only really weaponized in the first Thor film.

If it was usable in combat why didn't Heimdall just teleport Thanos into the sun ?

To me it looked like Heimdall channeling the Bifrost, using the sword was a last ditch effort.

Somehow I don't see him using it as a long ranged beam attack.

No matter, this battle was blowout nonetheless.

No matter, this battle was blowout nonetheless.

Who's next ?

Shocker and Vulture vs Cap and Falcon ?

The Guardians of the Galaxy ( Peter, Drax, Gamora,Rocket, Groot, Yondu, Nebula)

Vs either

Team Cap (Captain America, Bucky, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Ant Man )

Or vs Team Tony ( Iron Man, War Machine, Vision, Spider Man, Black Widow, Black Panther )

Or any of the above vs the enitre Black Order at once.

( Corvus, Proxima, Cull, Maw )

Who's next ?

Shocker and Vulture vs Cap and Falcon ?

The Guardians of the Galaxy ( Peter, Drax, Gamora,Rocket, Groot, Yondu, Nebula)

Vs either

Team Cap (Captain America, Bucky, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Ant Man )

Or vs Team Tony ( Iron Man, War Machine, Vision, Spider Man, Black Widow, Black Panther )

Or any of the above vs the enitre Black Order at once.

( Corvus, Proxima, Cull, Maw )

That's for the MCU Tag Team Battles, this is "MCU Fight" which is only one on one fights.

Good ideas though, definitely will use those in upcoming tag battles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"