MCU Fight: Iron Man Vs. Valkyrie

She survived both encounters because both times, someone got in the way of the killing blow she was about to be dealt.

A one on one fight with Hela, she would be dead in a matter of seconds.

Agreed. The only reason she survived the historical encounter with Hela was because the death goddess was too busy effortlessly dispatching all the rest of the Valkyrie corps.

If she'd faced Hela one on one, on the Bifrost, it would have been a very brief fight - she might last as long as Hogun did.....but that's not a long time. That was kind of the whole point of the movie, that Hela simply could not be defeated without sacrificing Asgard.

This has been the best one for a while man looking forward to next week.

Thanks, I thought about it very seriously before creating it.

Yeah... I'm not familiar with this 'keep your distance' character who seems to be winning against Valkyrie. Whoever he is, his name is definitely not Tony Stark.

Yeah that's just like saying, Thor could stay far away and just spam lightning.

When have either of those characters really done that in the MCU?

Last edited:
jaqua99, your private message box is full. I am going to have BigThor post the next battle, so we can try to remain on schedule. I tried to contact you to make sure you were okay with it, but your Private Messages were full. I hope it's okay, but I wanted to be able to tell BigThor if he could proceed or not, so I just made the decision. Thanks for understanding.

Surfer

Valkyrie. Basically. . . Valkyrie comes off as being a physical peer of Thor, more or less, and with greater fighting skill. We've seen how Iron Man does against Thor, and its really not that great. Here, he's against a comparable opponent, and while she has few/no ranged options, she also isn't going to supercharge his suit or fight as sloppily.

The only way I could see Tony winning is with some kind of "overcharge and burn out my armor" kind of trick, but I can't see him actually getting the opportunity to land such against Valkyrie. Its otherwise going to be, Tony stands off and does ranged attacks, Valkyrie parries and dodges and soaks the attacks for a while, until Tony is out of his better ammo. Eventually, she reflects an attack back at him, or hits him with a thrown object or a leaping attack, and once she does some damage to his armor, that is that. The fight might take a while longer, but doubt about its outcome is over.

The fight quickly becomes a drinking contest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"