MCU Inhumans

I hope and pray this turns out to be true. Inhumans are amazing and marvel comics made a huge mistake by trying to turn them into mutants replacement. They are so different and unique, i would be thrilled to see bolt and medusa done RIGHT.

That might be one super team too many at this point

Avengers, Guardians, Eternals, X-Men & Inhumans? Eehhhhh IDK

However I'll be there if it does come to pass.

I like the idea of putting them in FF

The patented "This is probably not gonna happen, so I'll leave myself an out in case it doesn't so I don't look foolish."

Him and DanielRPK, among others. Then, if something doesn't pan out- like when Daniel tried to predict when the second Shazam! trailer would drop- they can always say "That's not what I said!"

For the poll, i voted five years, though thats just wishful thinking for my part.

I wonder if doing the Eternals would make it harder to do the Inhumans? Although it would be cool to see a house versus house type annihilation war

I think we need to see how they handle the Eternals to see how similar they are. Aside from group of people in their own society with powers, they're pretty different. It's not like it's the only one of those. We'd probably have Atlanteans by then and Wakandans kind of count too (minus the powers).

Well on film, their powers should look quite different to the TV series, because they never displayed their powers much at all. Medusa gets her hair chopped off in the first episode; Karnak has a head injury that prevents him from strategising; Lockjaw is put to sleep. :doh:

Well on film, their powers should look quite different to the TV series, because they never displayed their powers much at all. Medusa gets her hair chopped off in the first episode; Karnak has a head injury that prevents him from strategising; Lockjaw is put to sleep. :doh:
Karnak had a head injury?!?! LMAO. i stopped watching after maybe 15 minutes so thank god i didnt witness that travesty.

So many bizarre choices made in that series

if you don't have the budget to do the Inhumans, then don't do the Inhumans. simple really.

Karnak had a head injury?!?! LMAO. i stopped watching after maybe 15 minutes so thank god i didnt witness that travesty.

Yeah lol. He fell down some cliff or something and hit himself on the head, and was like that for most of the series. Oh, and Gorgon wore normal boots over his horse hooves because they didn't have the budget to try to blend in.

If they don’t bring back Scott Buck, what’s the point?/s

I usually don't like to hate on people getting jobs but Scott Buck has no business running anything in Hollywood.

So many bizarre choices made in that series

if you don't have the budget to do the Inhumans, then don't do the Inhumans. simple really.

Initially, when we started seeing photos of the sets and costumes, I was disappointed that they didn't spend more money (especially after they were Hyping up the IMax angle - making it look like they found a new model that would allow them to spend more on a TV show), but it was really the writing and directing and general lack of a compelling story and characters that made it unwatchable.

The costumes and sets weren't great, but I can imagine those actors with those sets and costumes with a skilled writer and director telling a compelling story (and they had the seed of a good story with Black Bolt and Maximus' relationship, Black-Bolt's killing of their parents etc.).

But the story was flat-out one of the worst things I've ever seen on any TV show ever. It just meandered completely aimlessly with no clear direction or theme or point. There were times I literally thought to myself - "I've seen Power Rangers episodes that were better constructed than this."

Ideally, if one were to do Inhumans on television it would have to be done with that Games Of Thrones/Mandalorian budget in order do it justice.

I usually don't like to hate on people getting jobs but Scott Buck has no business running anything in Hollywood.

Maybe some films for Sony like Venom 2 or Morbius. :o

Scott Buck is a martyr. He's not a good showrunner, but both Iron Fist and Inhumans suffered from the same problem from the beginning: Marvel TV wanted something done fast and cheap, and Buck is a guy known for delivering work on time and under-budget. His hiring was just a symptom of the greater issues that ultimately brought down both shows.

Last edited:
Scott Buck is a martyr. He's not a good showrunner, but both Iron Fist and Inhumans suffered from the same problem from the beginning: Marvel TV wanted something done fast and cheap, and Buck is a guy known for delivering work on time and under-budget. His hiring was just a symptom of the greater issues that ultimately brought down both shows.

Ehhh. . . I'm not sure I really believe this. I mean, yes, Marvel TV was trying to do stuff for cheap. However, I would need to see some notable BTS info to really believe that what Scott Buck produced, was only as good as he could produce within budgetary limits. Defenders was produced at just about the same time, and it was nowhere near as bad as Iron Fist or Inhumans.

I didn't think Defenders was very good either. Bu the difference is it stuck to a mostly street level feel like the Netflix stuff, while Inhumans was very clearly trying to do something grander and more sci-fi influenced, which requires much more money to do properly.

Even Iron Fist suffers from budget problems. If I'm watching Iron Fist, it's because I wanna see crazy **** like punching out dragons, not Danny Rand sitting in boring boardroom meetings every episode.

That's why I said hiring Buck was a symptom of the problems, not the cause. Marvel knew what they were getting into. You don't hire Scott Buck because you want acclaimed, prestige television. You hire him when you want something done fast and cheap. And that was what they wanted with Inhumans and Iron Fist: fast and cheap.

Last edited:
I'd say that we shouldn't get the Inhumans until we get a new team of Guardians first. Adapt Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest first, then reintroduce the Inhumans so we can see War of Kings. My main issue with bringing them back too soon is that there's a stigma attached to them ATM and the actress playing Crystal is horrible while Crystal is the most notable Inhuman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"