MCU Inhumans

I was really looking forward to the inhumans movie!! i also heard that marvel wanted vin diesel as black bolt!! could you image what that be liked? I really didn't liked the tv series!! I liked it when they introduce in humans in Marvels Agents of sheild better then just an inhuman tv series!! i didn't watch it but only few epsidoes!! i might buy it on dvd if it goes cheap or if i find it at mackeys used book store!! !!

I think I would rather someone a bit more...royal than vin. Someone more Colin firth/kings speechy

Scott Buck is a martyr. He's not a good showrunner, but both Iron Fist and Inhumans suffered from the same problem from the beginning: Marvel TV wanted something done fast and cheap, and Buck is a guy known for delivering work on time and under-budget. His hiring was just a symptom of the greater issues that ultimately brought down both shows.
I think he lacked vision but I agree that he did what Marvel wanted. Everyone more or less deserves blame for Inhumans. IMAX asked Marvel to make this with very little turnaround, Marvel agreed to do it and tried to do it quickly, and Scott Buck agreed to take it despite having very little enthusiasm for the project.

The whole thing is a bit of a shame because there were people who genuinely cared. The fact that Anson Mount developed a sign language is one thing. The set design, while somewhat boring and confusing, was made by enthusiastic people who seemed to genuinely care (and there were definitely some references to the By Right of Birth graphic novel in set design). But the scripts were dull, the pace was glacial, and not every casting was all that strong.

I've had thoughts about the Eternals movie being made perhaps being remodeled versions of the Inhumans Marvel Studio's originally planned to make.

As this movie seems to keep resurfacing here are some similarities I've noticed between the 2 movies I'll just paste here in the Inhumans forum:
Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
The more I hear about Eternals the more it seems similar to the Inhumans movie in some ways.

Some of the castings as well as what sounds like a focus on family over civilization/society make me think this will be a more contained intimate take on a group dynamic similar to the Inhumans.

I'd be willing to wager a guess that the TV show happened as a result of Marvel Studio's deciding not to do the movie after separating from Ike and the committee's influence finding Eternals as enough of a blank slate to shape it into what they wanted to a degree.

Where am I going with this thought?
Eternals vs. X-Men instead of Inhumans vs. X-Men (2016 series named this of all things many of you may've read)

Inhumans_vs_X-Men.jpg

The Russo's have gone on about being interested in a Secret Wars type carryover from the Avengers. If this can't take place, the plan B of an Avengers/X-Men crossover that's been rumored for a while now may also not occur though if actor availability/scheduling issues with the Avengers actors.

If an Avengers follow-up is to take place, I see a Young Avengers vs. Dark Avengers (or Ultimates franchise instead) being utilized leaving the X-Men crossover to be with the Eternals or should I say reinvented Inhumans. Still though, even if resembling reinvented Inhumans, I think the actual Inhumans will appear at some point as Marvel Studio's upcoming slate plays out more and scenarios that didn't happen eventually will happen.

Last edited:
You could have more than one ruling family. Maybe the Inhumans can be like the British royal family and the eternals are like the French?

I mean before they lost their heads

I've had thoughts about the Eternals movie being made perhaps being remodeled versions of the Inhumans Marvel Studio's originally planned to make.

That seems about right. In addition to the awful palace intrigue version Marvel TV went with, the other prominent rumor regarding the Inhumans movie was that the royal family would be a Kree sleeper cell waiting to be activated during an earth invasion. They would have (of course) switched sides to fight alongside the earthlings they had become fond of during their time on our planet. Swap out Kree with Celestials and it sounds like the Eternals movie could be the Inhumans film Feige actually wanted to make.

Anyway ten years looks like the most popular option and the tv series was 2017 so 8 years to go! So maybe phase 6 or so? That would be fun

That seems about right. In addition to the awful palace intrigue version Marvel TV went with, the other prominent rumor regarding the Inhumans movie was that the royal family would be a Kree sleeper cell waiting to be activated during an earth invasion. They would have (of course) switched sides to fight alongside the earthlings they had become fond of during their time on our planet. Swap out Kree with Celestials and it sounds like the Eternals movie could be the Inhumans film Feige actually wanted to make.

Yeah, and I also wonder if producer credits had something to do with it? Wouldn't Marvel Entertainment have some sort of credits pertaining to the Inhumans film hence limiting some of the changes that could be made to it?

If anything, Eternals seems to take some of the concepts of Inhumans and go more progressive with it. Of course, Inhumans can as well and it's all about how it's adapted. Some on these boards have gone on about how Inhumans would be harder to adapt for today's audience but I don't necessarily agree as I think any Marvel IP could be adapted the way the studio intends.

That's why I think a re-invented Inhumans (perhaps with Producer credits solely within Marvel Studio's not involving "committee" members or other executives under Marvel Entertainment) will more than likely fill out the rest of the story scenarios Marvel Studio's may not get around to doing with the Eternals before that franchise ends.

That's the direction I see things going maybe by phase 6 or 7 unless Inhumans are integrated directly into the plot of an upcoming movie which I don't see happening soon. X-Men as opposed to Inhumans will get the nod in an Eternals movie making the Inhumans more of a future IP to fill-in stories that aren't gotten to with current IP's such as Eternals it seems at this point in time.

Last edited:
Anyway ten years looks like the most popular option and the tv series was 2017 so 8 years to go! So maybe phase 6 or so? That would be fun
I think within 5 years from now would be fine, but I’d have them in a FF movie rather than their own.

Yeah that would be cool. It would be fun to see the Johnny x Crystal romance

I say phaseven.

Phas5 - Blade, Fantastic Four, X-Men
Phasix - Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist
Phaseven - Punisher, Inhumans

It might be fun to have an era that begins with the “nice” family like the fantastic four and ends with one of the most dysfunctional and homicidal like the Inhumans

Very interesting if they're considering Aaron Taylor after his role as Quicksilver. Don't think they'll cast someone who already played such a big role, even if only in one film.

I hope Aaron Tayler Johnson won't be Maximus because I want to see Pietro again in some way, even if it's just flashbacks or Wanda's visions.

Also Max and Pietro looking the same would be weird... especially because I sometimes imagine comic characters looking like their MCU actors
iu
tumblr_n4p31yowiQ1tzzi78o1_500.png

I didn't see the tv series, but casting wasn't the problem with that show, right?

I think the Inhumans are a bitter fit as supporting characters in someone else' property. I don't think the Royal Family is all that interesting just on their own, and they aren't very sympathetic as the ruling class in a caste system.

I didn't see the tv series, but casting wasn't the problem with that show, right?

I think the Inhumans are a bitter fit as supporting characters in someone else' property. I don't think the Royal Family is all that interesting just on their own, and they aren't very sympathetic as the ruling class in a caste system.

Yeah, IMO the casting was the least of the problems with that show. They probably could've done better with Crystal, but I though Anson Mount was a good Black Bolt and the rest of the cast was fairly decent. It was an 8-episode show that spent about 5-episodes on weird tangent plot lines.

Hopefully this time, they would headline their own film if they do appear in Ms. Marvel, if not at least appear in a F4 film.

They would probably work better as baddies in an FF, X-Men, Avengers or Eternals film. But Lockjaw should still be a good doggie.

I think the actress who played Crystal was pretty bad, but some of the others were quite good. Anson Mount in particular was great. I doubt they'd use him again, but I actually think he'd make for a better choice than Vin Diesel who was always rumored for the role.

I would love to see a Medusa that doesn't get a haircut 30 minutes into the screen!

:up:

And the worst part of that is you know it wasn't a creative decision. It was: "That CGI hair is going to be too expensive. How can we save some money?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"