Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

EMIIhM8W4AAN6RM

Why?

Though I would like them to change their plan and turn Hawkeye into a film.

Steinfeld apparently has a clause in her contract that prevents her from appearing on another streaming service, that could be a hold up too.

I don't even care about Kate Bishop. I hope Marvel rethinks Hawkeye, and gives him a solo movie. They have 12 dates (2022 to 2024) to fill after all. Its just weird that he's an og Avenger and Black Widow is getting a film despite being dead and they are just giving him a streaming show.

feige said the plans for the next big bad are already underway.

it would be a nice change if the next big bad is a threat to an existing hero and not to the world or universe.

like the team of heroes have to band together to save one of their own instead of everyone on the planet.

I don't care one iota about Renner's Hawkeye. I'm only watching that show for Kate Bishop. I hope it's true that Ms. Marvel is coming first, though, as I'm more interested in her than either of them.

I don't care one iota about Renner's Hawkeye. I'm only watching that show for Kate Bishop. I hope it's true that Ms. Marvel is coming first, though, as I'm more interested in her than either of them.
I feel about the same. If this was actual source-accurate, Fraction-era Hawkeye, I'd be hyped, and I think Renner could have played that part great. But instead we're stuck with awkward family man Whedon-Hawkeye, which really puts a damper on matters.

I'm happy both Ms Marvel and WandaVision are coming sooner.

2021-
Shang-Chi
Spider-Man
Thor

2022-
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Blade

2023-
Captain Marvel
Guardians of the Galaxy
One more film

4 films per year just sounds too much work unless Marvel Studios really film their movies like 2 years or 1 1/2 year ahead from their respective projected release date then they could do it. But a director bailing when a movie is supposed to be out in 16 months and a week is not okay, especially the replacement might need more than six months to work in the script/pre prod before filming starts. I'm kinda bummed that Dr. Strange 2 is adding more months/a year to its gap from the first DS movie. But I'd rather want Marvel and the new director to take their sweet time rather meeting the planned May release date for the sake of it.

Also these Disney+ shows will also eat up their time. I just don't see how 1 studio can juggle both streaming shows and movies and then increase their yearly movie output to 4 when they can't even release 3 movies for this year when the James Gunn debacle happened.

feige said the plans for the next big bad are already underway.

it would be a nice change if the next big bad is a threat to an existing hero and not to the world or universe.

like the team of heroes have to band together to save one of their own instead of everyone on the planet.
It’s a pipe dream of mine, but I’d like it if Phase 4 ended with a “Dark Avengers” movie, making the Big Bad(s) of Phase 5 be a threat to the legacy and impact of the original Avengers, with maybe one member of that team eventually emerging as a more singular villain for the Phase after that (Doctor Doom, if I could manage it.)

Having the “new” Avengers team be villains tied to the authorities would also be the perfect setting for the rise of mutants and X-Men as an oppressed minority being targeted by the Dark Avengers.

My new dates - a lot of these planned movies will be delayed for months or even more than a year, because of the CoronaVirus, its inevitable. A lot of these movies have people come from different countries, they film in different countries and the threat of Coronavirus would be felt years from now. I don't think Marvel can just go back to what it used to, not instantly. A lot of precautions would be implemented once film studios resume filming.

May 2021 - Black Widow
July 2021 - Eternals
November 2021 - Shang Chi

May 2022 - Dr. Strange
July 2022 - Spider-Man
November 2022 - Thor

February 2023 - Black Panther
May 2023 - Guardians of the Galaxy
July 2023 - Ant-Man

March 2024 - Captain Marvel
May 2024 - Aveng5rs
November 2024 - Eternals Part 2

February 2025 - Blade
May 2025 - Black Panth3r
July 2025 - Shang-Chi 2

March 2026 - Fantastic Four
May 2026 - Mutants
July 2026 - Doctor Strang3

March 2027 - Captain Marv3l
May 2027 - AvengersiX
November 2027 - Et3rnals

February 2028 - Blade 2
May 2028 - Mutants II
July 2028 - Shang-Chi 3

March 2029 - Fantastic Four II
May 2029 - Spider-Woman

May 2030 - AvengerSeven

Last edited:
Seems reasonable to me. I can't imagine any new films this year from them. Until there is a vaccine I don't expect people to return to theaters en masse.

I'm already assuming the worst case scenario here. Films that were supposed to start filming, this summer or later this year are now affected by the coronavirus for various serious (health concern, travel ban, location availability, etc) especially cast/crew members come from different countries. I can't see Spider-Man 3 filming in July and Thor 4 in August. Marvel haven't announced a new director for Dr. Strange 2. Shang-Chi might not resume filming 2 months from now. Disney delayed all their films that were currently filming or supposed to film very soon.

Disney will need new films to release next year (assuming early 2021 is much safer time compare to now). Their planned 2021 films might not even make it to their supposed release date because of the delayed production. So, these delayed 2020 films should now take their spot. Theaters also could be more packed earlier next year than lets say the last three months of 2020, assuming coronavirus has already peaked and the virus started to die down but it would still take months for people to really go out and watch movies. So imo, they should be saving these two Marvel films til next year similar to F9.

Last edited:
If they don't have any films planned, maybe they could re-edit Falcon and Winter Soldier or WandaVision into a theatrical movie and release those.

I'm already assuming the worst case scenario here. Films that were supposed to start filming, this summer or later this year are now affected by the coronavirus for various serious (health concern, travel ban, location availability, etc) especially cast/crew members come from different countries. I can't see Spider-Man 3 filming in July and Thor 4 in August. Marvel haven't announced a new director for Dr. Strange 2. Shang-Chi might not resume filming 2 months from now. Disney delayed all their films that were currently filming or supposed to film very soon.

Disney will need new films to release next year (assuming early 2021 is much safer time compare to now). Their planned 2021 films might not even make it to their supposed release date because of the delayed production. So, these delayed 2020 films should now take their spot. Theaters also could be more packed earlier next year than lets say the last three months of 2020, assuming coronavirus has already peaked and the virus started to die down but it would still take months for people to really go out and watch movies. So imo, they should be saving these two Marvel films til next year similar to F9.

We are in unchartered territory when it comes to how long things can be delayed, but assuming that nothing is going to be filming for the rest of the year I think it's fairly pessimistic right now. I know that concerns over the spread of this virus are going to make people panic and people are assuming the worst in a bad time, but the reality is we simply don't know how long this thing is going to last. In my experience historically, a lot of big-time epidemics like this will come in waves and will often disappear overnight. So I don't think this is going to last an entire year, and I can see a world where realistically things that were meant to shoot in July can still start shooting in July. Remember, much of the pre-production can be done remotely. So it's not like storyboards and script adjustments can't be done right now or the costumes can't be made at people's own homes. The only thing the people really can't do at this point is physically film or be in larger groups. But right now, no one knows if that's going to change in a couple months or not. So, I'm inclined to think as of today nothing is going to be delayed a full year. If this situation continues to get worse, then sure that can happen. But to coin a phrase by Nick Fury and maybe it's just my optimistic nature, but until such time as the world ends I will continue to assume that is going to spin on.

I think the fastest way that Disney can let their films go back to filming/promote their next film releases is through finding a vaccine (that works for everybody and is affordable/accessible to everybody). Testing for coronavirus is quite expensive from what I read and lots of people lost their job or aren't earning monthly income due to community quarantine. sadly, I don't think we'll get that vaccine in the next 3 to 4 months and it is just going to delay things even further. The more people get infected by the virus, the worse it is going to get and I just don't see everyone bouncing back and heading to theaters before the end of this year and have these big movies earning big numbers at the box office like last year.

Black Widow could wait till next May or they could release in February, and Disney would have to release Mulan first. Eternals to move to summer 2021 (which isn't a 1 year delay). Then Shang Chi to November which isn't a 1 year delay either.

Last edited:
Disney ain't funding research for a vaccine in a time when the company is going to be losing money hand-over-fist. They're going to push to get these movies out as early as they're able to, regardless if the public is not going to want to go to the theater. They're going to try to convince people to go back to the theater by putting out bigger movies that'll draw attention. The simple practicality is Disney can't wait a year if theaters are open to put a big movie out because they are already losing a bunch of money. They're going to have to recoup their costs at some point, they just can't delay their entire film slate for over a year unless it is mandatory.

Well I think the whole economy already lost money from this coronavirus outbreak. Disney delaying these big movies, probably already lost them money now, especially Mulan was supposed to be out this weekend after months of marketing. It must have been a big blow to them. And they will still lose money when Black Widow and Mulan are released and both films do not perform that big at the box office, if there's still public concern regarding coronavirus months later worldwide. At this point, since they already lost money from delaying their movies, they need to find the right time when to release these movies.

Disney not being able to give a new exact date for Mulan/Black Widow doesn't convince me that they are 100% committed to a 2020 release, given what's happening right now.

Also, as I mentioned, they can't rush/order their 2021 films to start or resume filming if there are still health concerns/travel restrictions/community quarantines. So what movies are they going to release next year? Its going to be these delayed 2020 movies. Maybe not Mulan/Black Widow but still. Also Disney delayed Artemis Fowl from August 2019 to May 2020, without a coronavirus.

Last edited:
Once again, you're operating under the assumption that they won't be allowed to film this year when we honestly don't know that's the case. China wasn't shut down for a year, and I doubt we will be either. So I think we're being hasty assuming the whole operation of the industry will be down this entire year. Especially when Pre and Post work can still be done at home offices in the interim.

We just have to wait and see, but I don't see this being an until end of year scenario.

Right now, everything is just in the up in the air and I don't think its looking good. For example, some tv shows first said they are only delaying filming for two weeks but now, sources said, that won't even happen and those shows can't film more episodes for the rest of the season.

And with these big tentpole movies, there are bigger factors. With an outbreak like this, most of us haven't experienced before. I just don't see how Mulan and Black Widow can be ready for movie premieres, marketing in a few months after whats happening right now and who knows if people working behind these films won't be infected weeks/months from now.

When in 2020 do you think Mulan/Black Widow will be released?

And I am not saying they are not allowed to release these films. They could have released Mulan right now in theaters, and Black Widow in May 1 and the American government won't stop them but not a lot of people would watch them due to the fear of coronavirus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"