Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

TV shows not happening in movies are quite a bit different. Are there some films that are going to be canceled as a result of this shutdown? Absolutely, but it's not going to be the tent poles like the Black Widows of the world or the Marvel films. Once those are allowed to start filming, they will resume. The movie theater industry will depend on those tent poles once all this runs its course.

As for the time windows on going to the theater, I think quite honestly the turn around on that is not going to be nearly as bad as people think. I think after months of quarantine, once people are told it's okay to go to theaters and stuff and a big movie comes out we'll go. When people feel safe and have been cooped inside for months, they'll go for it. I'm sure Disney may give them a few weeks or something, but once they're reasonably sure theaters are going to open again I bet you that we start hearing new dates that will follow not that far after the theater start opening. The movie theater industry will want people to go back to the theater soon as possible, and they're going to put big movies out in order to give incentive for that to happen. It only makes sense for the future of the industry to get people back to the theater once they reopen.

As for when I can see these movies coming, assuming the virus runs its course after about a month or two, then I could see maybe August or September. Could be later in the year depending upon how long this lasts, but I'm optimistically going to go by that time line barring any sort of setback.

I was obviously referring to any medical companies, health organizations and governments, not Disney MD. But of course, you can't help yourself again.

Black Widow

Eternals
Shang-Chi
Doctor Strange

Thor
Black Panther
Captain Marvel

?
Spider-Man (I'm not convinced it won't be moved until Sony says so)
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Blade

Spider-Man will still probably come out next year, just maybe not in July. But that will inevitably be up to Sony

I bet Sony won‘t accept anything but May, June, July for that release

They could try August or December.

I hope Thor/Dr. Strange/Capt. Marvel doesn't get moved out of 2022.

I still have hope for the series on Disney plus - you could compare them to movies...

Reposting:
‘Black Widow’ Opening In November, Pushing Other Marvel Movies; ‘Mulan’ Opening Late July – Deadline
Just like we forecasted after MGM’s No Time to Die moved to November, Black Widow is taking over Eternals’ Nov. 6 slot, which is setting off an even Marvel pic chain reaction whereby Eternals moves to Feb. 12, 2021 (Shang-Chi’s old date);Shang-Chi moves to May 7, 2021 (Doctor Strange 2’s old date); Doctor Strange 2moves to Nov. 5, 2021 (Thor: Love andThunder’s old date), Thor: Love And Thunder moves to Feb. 18, 2022 which was a spot for an untitled Marvel pic. Black Panther 2 remains on May 8, 2022 and Captain Marvel 2 is now set for July 8, 2022, which Disney already RSVPed for an untitled live action pic. That release date change ease with the Marvel movies comes from Disney having control over key juggernaut dates on the calendar.

New Mutants is whole other thing altogether. It didn’t get a new date...

Reposting:
New Mutants is whole other thing altogether. It didn’t get a new date...

They could at least bring this to Disney+.. It will flop very hard at BO anyway.

I'm skeptical that they can release 4 movies in 1 year without Sony. But if they could managed to release Ant-Man or gotg in October 2022, then great. I want the 3quels/2quels out of the way before they introduce the mutants.

Last edited:
I bet they introduce the mutants in those 2quels/3quels and then unite them in an ensemble movie like the it happened in the first avengers movie

I bet they introduce the mutants in those 2quels/3quels and then unite them in an ensemble movie like the it happened in the first avengers movie
I know not everyone is a fan of this approach but I would be fine with it. The eventual X-Men would certainly be a massively hyped event if they did a names trailer stacked with big names already introduced in successful MCU films along with some new ones that people might recognise from the Fix films and others that maybe only comics/animated series fans recognise.

I think mutants will be sprinkled in here and there, but I don't think the focus of the sequels will be to do it. They'll fit them in where they can

Why on earth would phase iv be tied to the specific release date and not the specific movie? If Thor 4 was the end of phase iv before, then it obviously still is the end of phase iv even if the slate gets pushed back a year.

Now if they started shuffling and reordering all the announced dates, then that might be a good reason to ask the question. But they're not doing that.

(And also granted, the 'Thor 4 is the end of phase iv' line has seemed questionable for a while, anyway, since Marvel announced multiple D+ series that somehow got labelled as phase iv even though they claimed months earlier that their entire phase iv lineup was already announced. And those series would extend well past the announced phase iv cinematic lineup in real time, which would seem to lead to an odd situation where the D+ lineup is still in phase iv when the movies have already moved to phase v.)

I'm skeptical that they can release 4 movies in 1 year without Sony. But if they could managed to release Ant-Man or gotg in October 2022, then great. I want the 3quels/2quels out of the way before they introduce the mutants.
Wasn't there already a 4th date scheduled for 2022? I thought there was a November slot that people were banking on Blade taking.

Wasn't there already a 4th date scheduled for 2022? I thought there was a November slot that people were banking on Blade taking.
Yeah there are 4 dates scheduled for the mcu both in 2022/2023.

The reason why I didn't mention Blade is they haven't hired a writer yet for that one while Gotg 3/Ant-Man already have writers and it looks like they won't need to find a director as Gunn/Peyton are returning. And I personally just want these 3quel for the Endgame characters to be released before they launch new faces in the mcu like the Mutants. Gotg 3 is already way overdue and Ant-Man 3 would have a longer gap to its predecessor compare to Ant-Man 2 with Ant-Man 1.

I think considering what we have confirmed now, Blade is highly likely to be the Oct 2022 release. I can't see it being a four sequel year with no new property when they have so much they want to introduce...

The Falcon And The Winter Soldier S01

ETERNALS (Feb 21st 2021)
WandaVision S01
MORBIUS (Mar 19th 2021)
Loki S01
SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS (May 7th 2021)
What If? S01
VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE (Jun 25th 2021)
Hawkeye S01
SPIDER-MAN: 3 (Oct 8th 2021)
DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS (Nov 5th 2021)

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER
(Feb 18th 2022)
Ms Marvel S01
Moon Knight S01
She-Hulk S01
BLACK PANTHER 2 (May 8th 2022)
CAPTAIN MARVEL 2 (Jul 8th 2022)
??? (Oct 7th 2022) (BLADE?)

??? (Feb 17th 2023)
??? (May 5th 2023)
??? (Jul 28th 2023)
??? (Nov 3rd 2023)

I think by each passing day, its becoming moreimpossible that we would see Black Widow this year so...

2021:
Feb - Black Widow
May - Eternals
November - Shang-Chi

2022:
February - Spider-Man
May - Thor
November - Doctor Strange

2023:
February - Black Panther
May - Captain Marvel
August - Guardians of the Galaxy

2024:
Ant-Man
Avengers
Blade

I'll believe the 4 films in 1 year when 4 films are under production or post prod at the same time, but for now I doubt its possible especially given the world's situation. I also think the quarantine/safety protocols for Shang-Chi, Spider-Man and the 2021 movies won't go as smoothly and those protocols would length the process of making/finishing the film. They might be able to shoot but filming on the set would take extra effort especially with social distancing, disinfecting stuff, smaller amount of people working on set and making sure everyone is virus free. And vfx work would take longer to finish if a lot of the crew are working from home.

Last edited:
Imagine if there were 5 years between the release of Infinity War and Endgame because of the virus. And if theatres were closed for 5 years along with everything else.

Imagine if there were 5 years between the release of Infinity War and Endgame because of the virus. And if theatres were closed for 5 years along with everything else.
Endgame would have been leaked in between those five years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"