Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

I think we are at the point where sequels are no longer going to be once every 2-3 years for a movie. Going to start being 4-6 year turn arounds.

A book about the history and inner workings of Marvel Studios released. "The Story of Marvel Studios: The Making of the Marvel Cinematic Universe". It seems that the former divide between Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment/Television was even more complicated than I thought. Apparently higher ups decided that characters like Daredevil and Ghost Rider would go directly to the TV division with no say from Feige and Marvel Studios. Also Agent Carter is the only Marvel Television show mentioned in the book as featuring "canon storytelling that would eventually dovetail back into future films.", although the writer seems to unwilling to completely make any difinitive statement about the canonicity of any non-Marvel Studios shows.

Marvel Prevented Kevin Feige & MCU From Using Daredevil, Ghost Rider & More Characters
Marvel Studios Just Revealed That Agent Carter Is Actually MCU Canon

If anyone has more interesting details from the book I'd love to hear them.

A book about the history and inner workings of Marvel Studios released. "The Story of Marvel Studios: The Making of the Marvel Cinematic Universe". It seems that the former divide between Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment/Television was even more complicated than I thought. Apparently higher ups decided that characters like Daredevil and Ghost Rider would go directly to the TV division with no say from Feige and Marvel Studios. Also Agent Carter is the only Marvel Television show mentioned in the book as featuring "canon storytelling that would eventually dovetail back into future films.", although the writer seems to unwilling to completely make any difinitive statement about the canonicity of any non-Marvel Studios shows.

Marvel Prevented Kevin Feige & MCU From Using Daredevil, Ghost Rider & More Characters
Marvel Studios Just Revealed That Agent Carter Is Actually MCU Canon

If anyone has more interesting details from the book I'd love to hear them.

I actually pre-ordered this bookset (it's 2 hardcover books) like a year ago and it just arrived last night. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but boy is it pretty lol :hyper:

I'm gonna try to go through it later after work but if I see anything interesting, I'll post about it in here.

Good to know that Feige had no say about Daredevil and Ghost Rider being controlled by Marvel TV. Marvel Studios (eXcluding Agent Carter) couldn't bother to acknowledge the pre Disney+ shows in the movies.

Daredevil, Ghost Rider and the Punisher are the ideal ips to introduce in phase V with solo films. I hope the Inhumans get a 2nd chance even as supporting characters in Fantastic Four. Then Cloak & Dagger for phase sIx.

The only ip I'm not interested to see in the movies are the Runaways and Helstrom.

So in light of the release date shuffle and rumors floating around, my revised predictions for the untitled dates:

November 2023: Blade
February 2024: Captain America 4
May 2024: World War Hulk
July 2024: Shang-Chi 2 or Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers
November 2024: Fantastic Four

So in light of the release date shuffle and rumors floating around, my revised predictions for the untitled dates:

The Ant-Man movies are well received critically, even though I prefer movies like Thor 1, Black Widow and Infinity War compare to it. Though I don't know about the average score given to those films.

I think that the general SHH community tends to view the Ant-Man movies as less popular than the broader public or critic circles. I'm not 100% sure why.

I think that the general SHH community tends to view the Ant-Man movies as less popular than the broader public or critic circles. I'm not 100% sure why.
I cant eXactly pinpoint what I dislike about those movies. I guess there's just something so generic about them, despite having ants/quantum realm/power displays. I also don't particular like any of the characters in the movie and the performances of the actors. Like I just feel indifference. Evangeline Lilly is included in one of my favorite shows, Lost but I just find her over all meh as an actress. Not bad, also not great.

I did like Scott Lang more in Endgame especially the scene with Cassie.

Because Ant-Man and the Wasp barely has a story. I haven’t watched since it was first released.

I like the first one, even if it is a bit by the numbers.

Because Ant-Man and the Wasp barely has a story. I haven’t watched since it was first released.

I like the first one, even if it is a bit by the numbers.

I mean, it absolutely had a story. "Scott Lang tries to keep his 'adoptive' family of the Pyms from destroying themselves via their own closet full of skeletons, while also not sacrificing his own family in the process".

I think you forgot to include Deadpool.

I believe Thunderbolts is happening when I see it, but for now I see it as a Disney+ Original.

In 2025, I think we would see Shang Chi 2 and EternaIIs or at least 1 of them in 2025 and the other in 2026. Then Doctor Strange 3 and Wakanda in 2026 or 2027.

I think you forgot to include Deadpool.

I believe Thunderbolts is happening when I see it, but for now I see it as a Disney+ Original.

In 2025, I think we would see Shang Chi 2 and EternaIIs or at least 1 of them in 2025 and the other in 2026. Then Doctor Strange 3 and Wakanda in 2026 or 2027.

Ah I did forget that one :yay:.

Truth be told the only two projects that I'm reasonably confident will be 2024 releases are Captain America 4 and Fantastic Four.

I think we'll get see the Thunderbolts eventually but 50/50 as to whether or not it'll be as a Disney+ show or feature film.

And I think you may be right about Shang Chi 2 being a 2025 release as more likely.

We don't know how long this break will be. But regardless, I don't think it means much. It doesn't feel like Deadpool 3 was filming soon. So he can prob take like a year off and it won't do much to slow anything down

Does anyone feel like the MCU is losing its focus and stretching itself thin? I like we getting new content, but between the movies and D+ shows, this is how you oversaturate the market and make new movies feel less event worthy.

The movies,not really. They have too many ips but 4 movies a year still doesn't overwhelm me. Next year, its just to be 3,down from the initial 4. Ant-Man, GOTG, Thor and Spider-Man - some if not all, of those might not even get another theaterical film, after their latest film is released. While I still don't see a Black Widow 2 happening without Scarlet.

The TV shows though feel eXtraneous. Like What If? isn't essential viewing for me. And I would prefer if Loki, Falcon and the WinterSoldier and Wanda Vision are just more or less 2 hours, than a 4 hour commitment. Like if I'm going to binge watch MCu again, like I did during the lockdown. Those shows won't be a part of it.

Does anyone feel like the MCU is losing its focus and stretching itself thin? I like we getting new content, but between the movies and D+ shows, this is how you oversaturate the market and make new movies feel less event worthy.

I agree, I miss the overall storyline a little bit. Its they throw up with new characters and IP. And I say this will not work. You dont build a relationship to characters when you see them only once in four years.

It’s like what’s happened in the 80s with the comics where there were so many different titles. I want new characters but also feel like it’s going to be too much to keep up with soon.

we dont need to watch everything. This is just like the comics: if you are interested in just 2 teams, then follow those two teams, and that one solo you like.

But Marvel Studios is giving the audiences different stories, characters, plots, other corners of the world so the audience has a lot more to choose from now. Nothing wrong with that.
Its ten times better than what Fox did during 19 years: just telling the story of Charles, Magneto and Wolverine and their adventures. Talk about real fatigue.

WandaVision and FatWS are about Wanda and Sam becoming Scarlet Witch and Captain America. These are pretty important stories for the future and I'm happy they took time with the D+ shows to develop them.

But some of their projects do make me question. I mean, sorry for my ignorant comicbook ass but I've never heard of Echo. And while I'm not opposed to her appearing in the MCU, is it really necessary for every character to have their own show/movie? Wouldn't been better to give Daredevil a show instead?

I loved Hahn as Agatha Harkness. She stole the show. But does she need her own show?

When it comes to the movies, Black Widow feels like too little too late. And it's set in the past. Shang Chi and Eternals are brand new characters with no connections with previously established MCU characters so far. So because they are brand new franchise with no connections it might give a feeling of not being part of the main narrative... maybe? I mean, when you look at NWH, MoM and WandaVision, they are connected. Love and Thunder is connected to Guardians and continuing what we saw previously. The Marvels has connections with WandaVision and Miss Marvel. So those are movies that give, to me a least, a bigger sense of that serialized narrative that is part of the MCU.

Anyway... there are some projects that make me question them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"