Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

Me if they end up using Deathlok and saying the TV shows aren't MCU canon

tenor.gif

Gimme an MCU proper Luke Cage

If so I imagine it would completely ignore the Agents or Shield version.

Anyway, I’m not at all hyped for the next phase. There may be some interesting stories but nothing that rivals a new Cap movie for me. If anything I’m dreading Eternals. I’m worried it’s going to be a boring CGI-heavy, exposition-heavy first outing. I already get my fill of the space adventures with Guardians. I wish we could have some relatable Earth bound stories. Maybe Shang-Chi will be that but looks like it might go the mystical route as well.
I think Shang-Chi will stay grounded for the most part and there's always Spider-Man and Ant-Man. I'm not sure how I feel about Eternals yet since I know nothing about them really, but Angelina Jolie being involved has me intrigued.

Don't forget Black Widow. I know that'll be grounded

I look at the next bunch of films as Marvel Studios taking a breather and getting a little bit funky. It's honestly similar to the period of Marvel starting in the mid 1970's. **** just got weird. Lots of strange concepts got their own books, Eternals being one of them come to think of it.

And that's fine. Less cookie cutter stuff is fine by me as long as they don't try to make them like the previous films in every way. Some of this stuff needs to be edgier and far out. I hoped that Dr. Strange would be a break from the past for Marvel Studios but they just went rather conventional with that film and the character, visual flourishes notwithstanding, it played out very much a standard, rather middling super hero movie when the potential of the character and his mythology offers something so much more, well... Strange.

I'm hoping they get more out there with a Doctor Strange sequel. Nightmare provides some incredible opportunities for them.

I think there's possibilities with the Strange sequel. Especially after his appearance in Infinity War.

I'm 100% ok with them coming out and saying AOS and the Netflix shows aren't canon. I want to see MCU versions of Ghost Rider, Punisher, Luke Cage, and Daredevil on the big screen.

Me too. My only problem there is that...when the Punisher was announced as being in Daredevil, I IMMEDIATELY thought "they should get Shane from The Walking Dead." I thought he'd be perfect and he is. The Kingpin is perfectly cast as well. It would SUCK to have to see those characters recast and rebooted. But...if they have to do it...I guess just do it.

I'm hoping they get more out there with a Doctor Strange sequel. Nightmare provides some incredible opportunities for them.
I really hope they let Derrickson fully bring out his horror roots with the sequel, especially if they use Nightmare and possibly introduce Brother Voodoo. When we're getting hyped for horror elements in a Shazam movie of all places, Strange vs. Nightmare should be freaking terrifying!

8-michael-emerson-abate.jpg

Michael Emerson is still my top pick for Nightmare.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Shows Confirmed & Rumored To Be Heading To The Disney+ Streaming Service.

⭐ CONFIRMED Loki God of Mischief (Young/Kid)
⭐ CONFIRMED The Vision and Scarlet Witch
⭐ CONFIRMED Falcon and the Winter Soldier
⭐ CONFIRMED *In Devolpment* Lady Sif (and possibly Beta Ray Bill)
RUMORED Rocket Raccoon And Groot
RUMORED Nebula And Gamora
RUMORED Nick Fury
RUMORED Hawkeye/Ronin
RUMORED *In Devolpment* What If? (an animated series based on Marvel’s alternate-universe What If? comics. An anthology-style series that will tell standalone stories that explore what might have happened if certain events in Marvel’s Cinematic Universe unfolded differently — with one rumored example being a story in which Loki inherits the hammer Mjölnir instead of Thor. The live-action MCU actors are expected to voice their characters for the animated series.

I think they were going to make a sequel to that Salt movie she was in but it never materialized. I might be wrong though.

Anyway, glad to see her acting again. I'm not really sure why she's kind of drifted into obscurity over the past several years (other than the usual "an actress is above 35, therefore we can only cast her in a support role" bull****), but hopefully this will reignite her acting career a bit.

She's been transitioning into directing. I understand a few of them didn't land, critically. I've only seen First They Killed My Father, that's a damn good movie, it's on Netflix, I recommend folks go check it out.

If so I imagine it would completely ignore the Agents or Shield version.

Anyway, I’m not at all hyped for the next phase. There may be some interesting stories but nothing that rivals a new Cap movie for me. If anything I’m dreading Eternals. I’m worried it’s going to be a boring CGI-heavy, exposition-heavy first outing. I already get my fill of the space adventures with Guardians. I wish we could have some relatable Earth bound stories. Maybe Shang-Chi will be that but looks like it might go the mystical route as well.
Give me more of the fantastical, mystic stories any day. I can't wait for Eternals. Another Cap movie, although I'm sure I'd like it, would be kind of boring to me after we've see all this crazy cosmic stuff, especially if it's not directed by the Russos (I would be interested to see their take on BuckyCap though).

I have love in my heart for both Earth bound films and Cosmic ones :o

giphy.gif

And so it begins... :applaud:wowe:

The dam is breaking, I am SO ready for the onslaught of announcements coming up. Interested to see who Harbour is. I think he'd be a good Red Guardian. I hope he's not Taskmaster, I really wanted the talks with Andre Holland to pan out.
Right? Exciting times! We should be getting a bunch of casting for both Widow and Eternals over the next several months and maybe even Shang-Chi.

I think the confirmed films on deck for the MCU feel like they could reflect the funkier era of Marvel Comics of the mid and late 70's.

Which... I'm very good with.

Black Widow.
Marvel Cinematic Universe Shows Confirmed & Rumored To Be Heading To The Disney+ Streaming Service.

⭐ CONFIRMED Loki God of Mischief (Young/Kid)
⭐ CONFIRMED The Vision and Scarlet Witch
⭐ CONFIRMED Falcon and the Winter Soldier
⭐ CONFIRMED *In Devolpment* Lady Sif (and possibly Beta Ray Bill)
RUMORED Rocket Raccoon And Groot
RUMORED Nebula And Gamora
RUMORED Nick Fury
RUMORED Hawkeye/Ronin
RUMORED *In Devolpment* What If? (an animated series based on Marvel’s alternate-universe What If? comics. An anthology-style series that will tell standalone stories that explore what might have happened if certain events in Marvel’s Cinematic Universe unfolded differently — with one rumored example being a story in which Loki inherits the hammer Mjölnir instead of Thor. The live-action MCU actors are expected to voice their characters for the animated series.
They are working on too many streaming shows.

What is this?

a Marvel Studios film being Filmed at Fox Studios Australia?

Is this the beginnings of the X-Men and Fantastic Four film rights being at Marvel Studios?
Why would the use of those studios indicate the FF and the X-Men and not, say, Shang Chi or Eternals?

What is this?

a Marvel Studios film being Filmed at Fox Studios Australia?

Is this the beginnings of the X-Men and Fantastic Four film rights being at Marvel Studios?

I think it's just showing that Disney is (smartly) already taking advantage of the resources they obtained from Fox. But they could be using those resources for any of their upcoming films.

So where/when will the X-Men/F4 fit into this phase. That's the million dollar question

So where/when will the X-Men/F4 fit into this phase. That's the million dollar question
Later than anyone wants. I know people want to believe there is already a cast and scripts just ready to go since the merger was a fait accompli for some time and we all point to Marvel fitting Spidey into CW.

But this isn't the same thing. It's a much bigger undertaking with a lot more moving parts. The mutants are like adding a whole other franchise of franchises into an alreasy sprawling mega franchise. That's JUST the mutants. The FF are more manageable but you still have to figure out how the FF and X-Men fit into the wider Marvel arcs to come. Good scripts aren't a thing you can just order up. Finding the right cast takes time.

I think late 2020 we'll get the casting news and maybe 2021 a preliminary report of production starting for the FF with a 2022/23 release date. I expect given the larger cast of X-Men it's gonna take longer.

I think we see them come in towards the end of phase 4.

I tend to believe Feige when he said they already have so much being worked on and in the pipeline that they can't just go "right we've got the X-Men & Fantastic Four back lets get em in there right away" so the projects already in the works will come first I think anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"