• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

Hasn't Feige said that Marvel might abandon the idea of referring to the next slate of films as 'phases'?

Whenever Feige decides to reveal the next wave of Marvel films(be it Comic-Con or D23) some fans will inevitably be let down when there's inevitably zero mention of FF or the X-Men.

Feige will officially announce Black Widow and a release date and reveal casting.

Feige will officially announce the Eternals and a release date and reveal casting.

Feige will officially announce Shang-Chi and the release date and reveal casting

And Feige will even officially announce the sequels for Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Guardians sequels and their release dates.

And fans will officially be disappointed.

"Nobody gives a sh*t about a Black Widow film - she's dead, give me my X-Men film!"

"Nobody gives a sh*t about the Eternals -- they're nobodies, give me my Fantastic Four film!"
Feige already said we probably won't see the X-Men in the MCU for 5 years as he already has the next half a decades worth of films planned out

Don't expect a Marvel X-Men movie for a while

The only people who will surprised about no X-Men films are people who have not been paying attention to what Feige has been saying. Most the X-Men movie fans are well aware of this have been discussing it on here and other film/comic sites.

Feige already said we probably won't see the X-Men in the MCU for 5 years as he already has the next half a decades worth of films planned out

The only people who will surprised about no X-Men films are people who have not been paying attention to what Feige has been saying. Most the X-Men movie fans are well aware of this have been discussing it on here and other film/comic sites.
Uh... no need to post that link I’m already well aware of what Feige said about the time when we could potentially see an X-Men film.

But of course, that doesn’t automatically preclude Feige from announcing an X-Men five years ahead like he announced Endgame(then titled Infinity War part 2) five years ago. The problem is that in that case Feige has always had access to those aforementioned characters so he had time to put them in development long enough to announce them five years in advance. That simply isn’t the case with FF and X-Men in which Feige very recently got the rights back to. Feige possibly already had a slate worked out prior to the deal closing so he hasn’t the time required to put them in development long enough to announce a film this year. There’s still fans who still hope/anticipate Feige will announce Uncanny X-Men for 2024 or something this year at Comic-Con and my entire post is about imploring them to temper their expectations some about seeing an official announcement this year about any of the former Fox Marvel characters. Feige will most likely announce the movies that have already been reported to be in development like Eternals and Shang-Chi and give no official word on any Fantastic Four or X-Men film — Its just not happening this year. And I know certain fans are going to be watching the Comic-Con live stream of the Marvel Studios panel just praying...just praying Feige says something, anything about the Mutants or the First Family only to disappointed when he doesn’t say anything at all.

He’ll inevitably be asked more about it some more on the press tour for Far From Home starts and when he’s being interviewed at Comic-Con but he’ll give the same bland non-answers that temper people’s expecations on how fast we’ll see them: “It’s great to have access to almost all of our characters but it’s going to a while..yadda, yadda”.

I think a lot of fans excited about Marvel finally getting their hands on the X-Men and Fantastic Four are going to be really apathetic about those announcements.

I won't be disappointed if we just get confirmation on the things we know since that's what I'm expected.

But I could get excited if they announce something unexpected (even if it is several years away).

At this point, we have 8 spots over the next three years. I'm hoping at least one or two of those are for films that haven't even been guessed at yet.

Beyond that, I could get excited by details that might make the current expected slate more interesting. Black Panther: Doomsday as one quick example.

But of course, that doesn’t automatically preclude Feige from announcing an X-Men five years ahead like he announced Endgame(then titled Infinity War part 2) five years ago. The problem is that in that case Feige has always had access to those aforementioned characters so he had time to put them in development long enough to announce them five years in advance. That simply isn’t the case with FF and X-Men in which Feige very recently got the rights back to.

I would LOVE to see five years laid out to give me something to look forward to.

But it seems that they're shifting strategy to focus on the most immediate films and not distract people from what's coming up in the short term.

But personally, I think I'd be more interested in the upcoming films if I knew they were part of a plan that would give us more interesting things down the road.

Black Widow really feels like a nothing to me. I don't particularly like the character, and knowing what I know, it seems like it's going nowhere. If they can sell me on the idea that the Black Widow film is a beginning rather than an end, I think it would make me a lot more interested in showing up.

That's where the rumors of Ben Grimm got me excited and make all the difference between me being interested or not.

There are rumors that the Black Widow movie might introduce the next Black Widow, but who knows if there's any truth to them. Personally I'm skeptical

There are rumors that the Black Widow movie might introduce the next Black Widow, but who knows if there's any truth to them. Personally I'm skeptical

Well I think one thing we know from Marvel's history is they do tend to tie things together and make films that lead from one to another in some way.

So I suspect Black Widow will fit into a larger scheme.

But not knowing anything about that scheme and not having a prior film that set up the Black Widow film leaves me feeling meh.

Why should there ever be X-Men in the MCU? Haven't there been enough X-Men films?

Why should there ever be X-Men in the MCU? Haven't there been enough X-Men films?
This is like asking, “ Why should there ever be Spider-Man in the MCU? Haven’t there been enough Spider-Man films?”

Here’s the reality: There’s endless amount of source material to draw upon (that the Fox-movies hardly covered at all) for a fresh take on the Mutants — so much so that it could almost feel like we’ve never seen them on screen before until now. Same with Fantastic Four.

Eternals sounds like the movie most likely to shake things up in the upcoming slate.

I'm perfectly fine with Marvel sitting on the Fantastic Four and X-Men for 5 years. I would rather wait for something really good than see them rush out something subpar just to please some impatient fans.

Kinberg has confirmed Disney are still doing reshoots for the New Mutant film and that isn't coming out until spring 2020.

Because... Marvel Studios is about adapting the comics published by Marvel? Because the characters and their mythology has more than a toe hold in the pop culture consciousness making some of them instantly recognizable and exploitable as an IP both individually and as a group or groups? Because now that Marvel Studios has the film rights to this branch of the Marvel universe with decades worth of source material to draw from many among the die hard and casual fan in the target audience are interested in seeing what new live action iterations Marvel Studios will come up with, especially since the assumption is first and foremost the characters will be presented in a way freed from the aesthetic and continuity strictures of the Fox films of the last twenty years?

Take your pick. These are all free.

The X-Men are also basically a whole universe unto themselves. The potential for spin-offs is arguably higher than even the Avengers franchise.
You know this makes me wonder if Fiege will at least re-purpose a lot of those spin-offs that Fox had in development into Disney Plus series. I'm fine with a Gambit or Kitty Pryde series on Disney Plus.

I’d like to see some shows with pairs of X-Men like we are getting with Scarlet Witch and Vision, and Falcon and Winter Soldier.

$2.7 billion worth of damage to the Marvel brand... Whatever will they do now?

giphy.gif

That's a heck of a clickbait title he went with. :whatever:

He makes a good point though. I've been wondering the same things since seeing the movie. Endgame raised a billion of questions that need to be answered and, if the Far From Home trailers are anything to go by, they likely won't.

The problem is that would basically ruin the essence of what mutants are supposed to be. They are supposed to be a global minority who is discriminated against. If there are only a few mutants in a world that already had dozens of non-mutant superheroes, then the X-Men just become random superheroes indistinct from any of the Avengers.
You know.... like the X-Men have ALWAYS been in the comics?

It's been said many, many times that bigotry does not go away because of celebrities. Racist people will still listen to music and cheer on athletes who look like people they would cross the street to avoid walking by in their day to day lives.

The points he makes are rather obvious to me and something you know for damn sure Feige and co. have thought about. How many times did he say before that the MCU will never be the same or something to that effect. They are basically recreating the universe going forward, that's what makes it exciting. That challenge and making it even more vital.

You know.... like the X-Men have ALWAYS been in the comics?

It's been said many, many times that bigotry does not go away because of celebrities. Racist people will still listen to music and cheer on athletes who look like people they would cross the street to avoid walking by in their day to day lives.
That wasn't really my point. What I meant is that for the X-Men to make sense, there have to be a lot of mutants around the world. And it'd be weird for them to appear out of nowhere all of a sudden.

That wasn't really my point. What I meant is that for the X-Men to make sense, there have to be a lot of mutants around the world. And it'd be weird for them to appear out of nowhere all of a sudden.
Not really. One could say that Mutants retroactively always existed in the MCU but their population was so scarce that few people knew of the existence of them so they fell under the radar. Before Infinity War and Endgame there was an old era of mutation where most Mutants like Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine had humanoid appearances so they were able to ‘blend’ into regular society with little problem but the snap causes the X-gene to manifest in humanity in a new way that’s different from the way its mostly happened before — now more Mutants can take on freakish and monstrous appearances(i.e, Beast and Angel) which inadvertently leads to Mutants to being a publicly known thing. This new wave in mutation prompts Charles Xavier to start a special school to nurture and train Mutants.

Here’s a thought: What if he’s playing none other than The Devourer Of World’s Herald himself the Silver Surfer? Probably not since the Fox-deal closed after the Eternals script was already written so I must suspect he’s playing a character he was written into the script before the closure of the deal.

But it’s fun to dream.

Even though he's Canadian I'd rather have someone else for Wolverine.

Most. idiotic. Headline. Ever. More idiotic to dignify it by giving it a click.

It's not what you think. It's not about Marvel Studios. It's about the internal Marvel Cinematic Universe and the actual damage the earth has endured as a result of the fallout of the snap, and how it will continue to affect everyone because of the 5 year time jump. Also, because of the jump, all future films are forced to address that as it's no small matter.

It's not like there are so many ways for Forbes/ Scott Mendelson to write that headline without it becoming long winded and too wordy and no longer reading like a headline.

Also, with these headlines, they have to be of a certain number of characters for SEO reasons before Google automatically cuts off the end of a sentence and therefore it won't appear fully on search results.

Therefore since he has to get the keywords "Marvel" and "Avengers Endgame" in there, it leaves only limited options for what he can say in the rest of it while still summarising the main point. Putting "internal" or "cinematic universe" or ""future films" is far too long for SEO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"