Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

"Now that there’s like this streaming platform with them"

Shut up, Mindy.

Feige & Co love to brag about how committed to diversity they are... well, it's time to prove it. Give the young muslim superheroine her own big budget movie, if you're not cowards.

Well she is too old to play the character certainly. And Riz Ahmed only seems to have one facial expression.

I don't know about it being on the big screen though. Ms Marvel seems more like something you'd find on Disney + or even Hulu. It has that Runaways/ Cloak & Dagger feel about the project.

I think she meant she wanted to direct the movie, not star in it. She said that she would cast “an unknown” as Kamala Khan.

I would look at the template of how the Avengers were built. Besides the Vision they were all introduced as either the lead or a sidekick in a solo movie. If the MCU stays the same you are first looking at choosing the new characters and then introducing them in other films to build their audience

Scarlet Witch wasn't. And honestly I think the biggest reason there weren't any new Avengers in IW/EG is because there was too much to deal with already in those films. Now that the big arc is done there's no reason the next film couldn't do the same.

The next group of Avengers is gonna be built in the same way the team was from A1-A4. Some will be the featured characters of titular films the headline, some will be bit players introduced in those films and some will have their premiere in the next Avengers proper movie.

My speculative predictions for this week

May- Black Widow
November- Eternals

February- Shang-Chi
May- Guardians of the Galaxy 3
July- Spider-Man 3 (Sony)
November- Doctor Strange 2

February- Black Panther 2
May- Dark Avengers
July- Ant-Man 3

March- Captain Marvel 2
May- Avengers 5: New Avengers
July- Spider-Man 4 (Sony)
November- Thor 4

I’m doubtful that a Thor 4 and Spider-Man 4 will happen. So far the Feige hasn’t gone beyond 3 solo hero movies.
Ended Ironman at 3 movies
Ended CA at 3 movies, even though Civil War wasn’t really a solo movies.

I'm doubtful that Thor 4 will happen. Spider-Man 4 depends entirely on whether Sony is still willing to play ball after SM3.

Feige didn't cast Spider-Man so young just to drop him after a single trilogy. If Sony's willing to stick around long enough, I expect a trilogy of Spider-man trilogies in the mcu.

Also, I'm pretty sure they want to do Miles, so even if Peter gets 3 solo movies that's probably not the end

The next group of Avengers is gonna be built in the same way the team was from A1-A4. Some will be the featured characters of titular films the headline, some will be bit players introduced in those films and some will have their premiere in the next Avengers proper movie.

I suspect the roster will all be solo franchise characters, because they are much easier to write for as the heavy lifting and groundwork is done by their solo movies.

When you now have the likes of Spiderman, you don't even need the secondary characters anymore. They struggled to give Widow, Witch, Hawkeye, and Vision decent arcs in Infinity War and Endgame and they had heavily compressed scenes.

I suspect the roster will all be solo franchise characters, because they are much easier to write for as the heavy lifting and groundwork is done by their solo movies.

When you now have the likes of Spiderman, you don't even need the secondary characters anymore. They struggled to give Widow, Witch, Hawkeye, and Vision decent arcs in Infinity War and Endgame and they had heavily compressed scenes.

They all have there arcs, the only issue is the tight script. Everyone would boo if SW had more screen time as Ironman, but I think Marvel made every of These characters interesting.

Eh... All Star teams always need characters like Hawkeye or Wanda and Vision to do things with that you couldn't easily do with the more high profile solo heroes on the roster. Stuff like Tony dying, Thor's depression arc and Cap passing the torch were only done in EG because it was the culmination of the big mega arc of the MCU. But that won't be the case with the next Avengers film once it comes down the pike. Some characters will undoubtedly also be drawn from varying future team films. Sersi is an Eternal but I won't be surprised if she franchise hops to Avengers. Concepts and ideas could as well as characters may also be introduced to be more fleshed out in the Avengers. Capt. Marvel is ideal to introduce all manner of cosmic heroes that easily could find their way onto the team from Photon to Moondragon to either version of Quasar. Having been introduced there they can easily transition to the team after they play a part in Carol's sequels. Same can be said for any other character. And even with getting Disney+ shows those characters may also be brought back into the fold. I doubt we have really seen the end of either Wanda or Vision on the big screen.

Given that thus far that's never happened, I'm gonna assume they'll stick to the formula of characters that was established with the previous movies. The big hitters with their own movies will be there (Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, maybe also Shang-Chi and one of the Eternals), but they'll also probably retain some of the side characters as well like Sam as Captain America and also Scarlet Witch. If they have adult Monica Rambeau become Spectrum in CM2 then that's another no-brainer.

This is thinking quite far into the future, but if I had to guess what MCU’s next “big three” will be, I’d say my wild guess would be Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Captain America. The first two have had plenty of movies already, and with Captain America’s title being passed down, I suppose the popularity will continue on from there.

This is thinking quite far into the future, but if I had to guess what MCU’s next “big three” will be, I’d say my wild guess would be Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Captain America. The first two have had plenty of movies already, and with Captain America’s title being passed down, I suppose the popularity will continue on from there.
No, it's definitely still Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Dr Strange given his resurgance in others' movies. I'm going to bet the extent of Falcon Cap won't go beyond tv and into a solo film series.

No, it's definitely still Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Dr Strange given his resurgance in others' movies. I'm going to bet the extent of Falcon Cap won't go beyond tv and into a solo film series.

Definitely. I mean, yes Spider-Man is cool and all, but Black Panther and Captain Marvel bring in billions of dollars. I have a feeling it might be Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Spider-Man maybe, but I’m betting Dr Strange rounds out the trinity.

Definitely. I mean, yes Spider-Man is cool and all, but Black Panther and Captain Marvel bring in billions of dollars. I have a feeling it might be Captain Marvel, Black Panther and Spider-Man maybe, but I’m betting Dr Strange rounds out the trinity.
Spider-Man just doesn't feel different or encapsulating enough to round out the trinity...yet.
That's what I figure this upcoming movie has him realize this is maybe too much for him.

Maybe moving forward it will not be a trinity. It might be...
133a91120285bc9299cdf9071dfbe3f3.jpg

I really, really want the next appearance of the Avengers coding to be The Dark Avengers, with Marvel really running with the raw hatred the audience would have for villains trying to steal the original crew’s thunder...

...And speaking of thunder, an even better way to strengthen that anger would be to have The Dark Avengers face a Thunderbolts team, so the audience can contrast villains-turned-heroes fighting to defend the Avengers’ legacy against the charlatans... and have that aggravated even more when the Dark Avengers actually win and rub salt in the wound.

And if they had the cajones for it, I’d want to see the X-Men first making their big entrance as another team the Dark Avengers are trying to destroy, with Spider-Man, Black Panther and other heroic characters also being forced into operating against the government authorities when HAMMER replaces SHIELD.

All this culminates in a title match between Dark Avengers and “Real” Avengers.

I suppose I’m going by overall longevity / popularity / success, with how there have been various Spider-Man and Wolverine films at this point stretching back several years. Is it fair to say that the mainstream public wasn’t really familiar with Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Doctor Strange until their movies came out relatively recently (2016-2019)? Also, don’t Spider-Man and Wolverine each have some of the highest number of comic appearances?

Last edited:
  • Captain Marvel
  • Spider-Man
  • Doctor Strange
  • T'Challa
  • Ant Man
  • Wasp
These six will be at the forefront of the next Avengers film (I suspect), with Bucky and Sam jumping in with a cameo scene. I doubt we'll see Rhodes. Wanda and Vision aren't likely going to feature either; I figure their development (and Visions restoration) will keep them occupied in a secluded part of the world. I think we've seen the last of Valkyrie too.

I'm not seeing Thor 4 either, though depending what happens in Guardians 3, I can see Thor making a return in another MCU film; possibly Avengers 6 or something? Spider-Man 4 is open to me; they obviously cast young for a reason, and with it not being a direct Marvel property, it's possible Sony would desire a second trilogy with Tom, and if that's the case, we'll probably get it; all whilst introducing other Spider-People along the way.

Short of newcomers too, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange and Black Panther will be the next trio of films to get a sequel. I don't know what (or where) they can currently go with Ant Man 3, though I have no doubt it'll come at some point, though it wouldn't surprise me if it's more Civil War in tone (in that it's less about Scott and Hope, and more about a small ensemble of characters).

• Captain Marvel
  • Spider-Man
  • Doctor Strange
  • T'Challa
  • Ant Man
  • Wasp
These six will be at the forefront of the next Avengers film (I suspect), with Bucky and Sam jumping in with a cameo scene. I doubt we'll see Rhodes. Wanda and Vision aren't likely going to feature either; I figure their development (and Visions restoration) will keep them occupied in a secluded part of the world. I think we've seen the last of Valkyrie too.

I'm not seeing Thor 4 either, though depending what happens in Guardians 3, I can see Thor making a return in another MCU film; possibly Avengers 6 or something? Spider-Man 4 is open to me; they obviously cast young for a reason, and with it not being a direct Marvel property, it's possible Sony would desire a second trilogy with Tom, and if that's the case, we'll probably get it; all whilst introducing other Spider-People along the way.

Short of newcomers too, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange and Black Panther will be the next trio of films to get a sequel. I don't know what (or where) they can currently go with Ant Man 3, though I have no doubt it'll come at some point, though it wouldn't surprise me if it's more Civil War in tone (in that it's less about Scott and Hope, and more about a small ensemble of characters).

Yeah, in terms of newcomers that still have a lot of potential yet to be shown (and to be profited off of) in the MCU, I’d say it’s those three.

I still don't think Strange makes sense as a team member, and there's no way that they scrap Valkyrie after two movies, especially given her friendship with Larson.

I'm doubtful that Thor 4 will happen. Spider-Man 4 depends entirely on whether Sony is still willing to play ball after SM3.

Feige didn't cast Spider-Man so young just to drop him after a single trilogy. If Sony's willing to stick around long enough, I expect a trilogy of Spider-man trilogies in the mcu.
Tom Holland's fifth movie as Spider-Man is coming out next month, there is no way this young actor is going to get stuck playing this character for 8 or 9 movies. No one makes the Chris Evans mistake anymore.
Feige knows that 4 movies is too much, which is why he never went that way.

And the way they WILL do it you are assuming is... What? Separate universe with a separate continuity? All because up until now there's been no mention of the mutants?
Not just because they haven't been mentioned, but also because there have been a couple of huge alien invasions and no mutant was seen during those battles.
It might be an issue for you and others but my suspicion is... That won't matter in the end to any discernible degree.
You're assuming I'm concerned about potential plot holes, but that's not what I really care about. What I care about is the essence of the X-Men as characters. They're supposed to protect a world that hates and fears them. If you take that social metaphor away from the story, then they're just random superheroes.

Someone here suggested there could be just a few mutants around the world and that wouldn't affect the story. And that totally would. For the X-Men to make sense, there have to be a lot of mutants around the world, they have to be a minority that is discriminated against.
I for one think that if there was a separate continuity set up just for the Mutants it would blunt the reaction to the X-Men coming back under the control of Marvel on film for the first time far more than if they had the Mutants show up despite no grand build up to them.
First of all, I didn't say they should be in a separate continuity, I said they could be in a different universe within the same multiverse. Anyway, that probably won't help if they want to use "The X-Men are in the MCU now!" as a marketing strategy. You're right about that. But I don't see why they can't build up to a big crossover with the X-Men joining the rest of the MCU the way they built up to the first Avengers movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"