Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

Tom Holland's fifth movie as Spider-Man is coming out next month, there is no way this young actor is going to get stuck playing this character for 8 or 9 movies. No one makes the Chris Evans mistake anymore.
Feige knows that 4 movies is too much, which is why he never went that way.
I never understood that mindset though many a talented person never got the shot or has only one show of consequence to their resume. As a professional you get what you can when you can. He may not face the injury risk that a related professional entertainer, the athletes do, but who knows if he makes the transition that many fail, when he can no longer play a teen.

Tom Holland's fifth movie as Spider-Man is coming out next month, there is no way this young actor is going to get stuck playing this character for 8 or 9 movies. No one makes the Chris Evans mistake anymore.

Evans didnt have any desire to be a well received Actor in a future. Sure you can do this much of movies. Holland will be fine with Uncharted, sad he cant do 1917. But it seems he want to go the entertainment-line instead of the Oscar-way.

There is no mistake. Evans played his character for as long as he wanted to and parted ways with Marvel on good terms. Hemsworth is still sticking around to play his for even longer, btw.

Holland is young and clearly over the moon about being Spider-man. He'll want to do something else eventually as any actor does, but doing something else doesn't require him to stop being Spider-man. The only thing that could require Holland to stop anytime soon is licensing shenanigans from Sony.

You mean other than there being four Avengers movies?

Or maybe Iron Man appearing in 8 films?

Or...

I don't even have to finish.

It's that simple.

Maybe moving forward it will not be a trinity. It might be...
133a91120285bc9299cdf9071dfbe3f3.jpg
They are referring to heroes headlining their own films when they say the coinphrase, big 3.

Gotg is bigger than Thor in the movies yet no one included/includes them in the big 3.

Everyone except those pretending knew what Jim Thompson was getting at.

To be clear again, Fiege don’t do over three solo movies.
We’ll get SM 2 this year and SM 3 in 2022 and that’s it.

I REALLY hope they announce a Thor 4 so we can banish this whole "they only get a trilogy" notion for good. Also because I need more Taika.
I'd rather Taika give us something different in the MCU and for the next Thor to be tonally different from TR.

Hemsworth seems too keen on Taika to let that happen. I mean, honestly, I'd rather see Taika on Guardians instead of James Gunn, but that ain't happening. So I'd happily take another Ragnarok as consolation, lol.

So making a couple of predictions based on rumors,

So I’m predicting the Earthbound crossover we see in Phase 4 will be Dark Reign/Dark Avengers. Osborn obviously being a big villain.

The Cosmic crossover will likely be Thor 4.

I’m predicting that the Eternals, Valkyrie and Warlock will play a big part in this one. The Villains? The Returning Celestials.

Donnie would absolutely kill it in that role. Lin eh.. I don't remember seeing anything memorable MA wise in Power Rangers. I hope they continue looking for somebody with real skills! They gotta be able to look like they can hold their own against freaking Donnie Yen. Come on now. Lol.

Spider-Man will be the first exception to this rule if the deal is extended. Feige has referenced using Harry Potter as a template for the Spider-Man movies. With each movie covering a year of his school life. Its already been said that a potential third film would be Peter in his senior year at high school so a sequel trilogy would probably follow him through University and eventually getting a job at the Bugle or Oscorp. It would be really great if they play the long game with Osborn.

Here's how I would handle the remainder of Spider-Man in the MCU.

Spider-Man 3: Graduation (2021)- While dealing with his final year of high school. And figuring out his future. Peter has to deal with the uprising of Sinister Six. The end of the film would lead to their own spin-off under Sony. Venom is also teased. Octavius would make his MCU debut. We're introduced to Osborn, Harry and Gwen if this doesn't already happen in FFH. Osborn begins pulling strings in the background.

Spider-Man 4: New Beginning (2023) - Following his graduation from University, (yes there would be a time jump between the end of Gradution and New Beginning) Peter and MJ are engaged. Peter now has a full time role at the Daily Bugle. JJJ is finally introduced. Its been a pretty uneventful last couple of years until rumors start going around of a creature wondering the underground being described as a black mist. Peter quickly finds out that its the symbiote Venom. The film would also introduce Black Cat and Silver Sable. Setting up another spin-off for Sony. MJ would die at the end of the film after getting caught between the final battle with Venom. Setting up a relationship with Gwen.

Spider-Man 5: Hero Reborn (2025)

Its been a few years since Spider-Man's battle with Venom. Still carrying the scars of the fight and grieving the loss of MJ. Peter now in a new relationship with Gwen. Still blaming himself for MJ's death. And struggling to move on. No one has seen Spider-Man in months. Leaving the city vulnerable to new threats. In the rubble one of Spider-Man's most formidable foes kraven the hunter rises from the ashes. Miles would be introduced in the film. The film would setup a Kraven spin-off for Sony.

Spider-Man 6: Dark Reign (2027)

The end begins. Osborn makes his move. After years of planning, watching and waiting. The time has come to reveal himself to the world. Everything is on the line as Peter learns the truth about Osborn who has been responsible for everything that's gone on the last few years. creating the sinister six, Bringing the symbiote to earth. The green goblin rises. Peter faces his greatest battle. Featuring cameo's from the Avengers. A bunch of previous villain's would have cameo's. Peter would die at the end. Setting up Miles as the new Spider-Man.

Donnie would absolutely kill it in that role. Lin eh.. I don't remember seeing anything memorable MA wise in Power Rangers. I hope they continue looking for somebody with real skills! They gotta be able to look like they can hold their own against freaking Donnie Yen. Come on now. Lol.
I haven't seen the episode yet, but keep seeing images posted of him in the new season of Black Mirror:

tumblr_pso7blPxMh1qc3ju8o5_r1_540.gif

What you're forgetting is that Sony owns the Spiderman movie rights and not Marvel. If Feige dare tells Sony that Spidey will only appear in crossover movies after his 3rd solo movie then you can kiss MCU Spidey goodbye.

Spiderman will definitely be the exception and get more sequels beyond part 3. Marvel has to keep Sony happy as well to keep this thing going.

Yeah, Lin definitely has martial arts ability in his “Black Mirror” episode. Would be cool if he joined his co-star Mantis in the MCU.

Has the three movies thing ever been stated to be an actual rule? Because in the case of Iron Man and Captain America, there seem to have been outside influences at play. RDJ hurt himself making Iron Man 3 and was very vocal about how he felt he was getting old, so regulating Iron Man to ensemble films likely played into that. He gets to show up and collect his massive paycheck for a smaller work commitment than in a solo film where he's the main character.

Chris Evans was also someone who, while obviously grateful for what Marvel did for his career, made it very clear that he wanted to try other things and that he didn't intend to stick with the franchise forever.

Hemsworth is different. He seems to want to keep playing Thor, and Ragnarok allegedly rekindled his fondness for the franchise. If he wants to do another one and so do Taika and Tessa, there's no real reason Marvel couldn't make it just because Iron Man and Cap's series ended at 3.

Last edited:
Has the three movies thing ever been stated to be an actual rule? Because in the case of Iron Man and Captain America, there seem to have been outside influences at play. RDJ hurt himself making Iron Man 3 and was very vocal about how he felt he was getting old, so regulating Iron Man to ensemble films likely played into that. He gets to show up and collect his massive paycheck for a smaller work commitment than in a solo film where he's the main character.

Chris Evans was also someone who, while obviously grateful for what Marvel did for his career, made it very clear that he wanted to try other things and that he didn't intend to stick with the franchise forever.

Hemsworth is different. He seems to want to keep playing Thor, and Ragnarok allegedly rekindled his fondness for the franchise. If he wants to do and so does Taika, there's no real reason Marvel couldn't just because Iron Man and Cap's series ended at 3.
Well its also because Marvel have plenty of other franchises to launch and make sequels of. They basically have 9 franchises right now, counting Black Widow and Avengers. And the number would rise when the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Nova, Thunderbolts are officially announced to headline their own film.

and how long will thor 4 would start filming, 5 to 6 years from Ragnarok's release? thats too much gap between two movies imo. I think we would see Thor in other solo/team movies just like iR was post IR3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"