Marvel Films MCU Phase IV!

I hadn't thought much about this. Just what DO we want to see for BP2? This is one I'm looking forward to and hope it bucks the trend and is at least as good as the first one. I don't expect it to make as much money, in spite of the reasons it might, but that's a different story. Namor is certainly a possibility, but they need to be careful with him in terms of how he's portrayed. Skrulls seem to be kind of out and, barring something crazy, Ulysses definitely is (didn't like what happened in the first BP and felt he was wasted). Zemo??
Id be fine with Namor as the main villain. I dont care if they redeem him or not and have him as a antihero like Loki.

For sure BP wont reach the heights of the first one ($1346,9 mil) but it will still do a billion.

It will land somewhere between Iron Man 3 ($1214,8 mil) and Spider-Man 3 ($890,9 mil).

But Portman is not playing Thor Odinson, she's playing Jane Foster. Jane Foster with the powers of Thor. I fail to see why her height should disqualify her from being worthy of Mjolnir. Having the face of a horse doesn't :hehe:

Also if I'm not mistaken Portman is as tall as Tessa Thompson, and she's definitely taller than Yoda. :o

tumblr_oslm7i1Y4A1rnikqmo1_500.gif

Tessa is an inch taller and way more buff.

You can buy Tom Holland keeping a split ferry together you can buy Portman as a godess.

First of all personally i had no problem with IM2 or TTDW. But to pretend they are good films you must be joking.

They are bottom on the mcu list in everyones mind. Hence i said Marvel had an issue with sequels before.

As far as the MCU is considered they are bad fims despite the fact they are B+ when going by the whole industry.

GotG2 and AoU are a different story but still indicative of a sequelitis.
They are considered worse than the 1st film. Are they bad ? Only by the MCU standard.
And for me AoU is perfectly fine. Its a 9 - 9,5 out of 10 but GoTG2 is absolute garbage even though i still enjoyed it.

You re probably the only person here who thinks the MCU doesnt have sequel problems then.
You are probably the only person who thinks mcu has sequel problems when none of their sequels are bad movies.

Bottom of everyones list means nothing to me. Finding dory is at the bottom or near the bottom of most peoples Pixar lists. Does it make it a bad film? Interstellar and dark knight rises are at thr bottom of most people lists about Nolan. Does it make them bad? Beyond the Thunderdome is widely considered the worst Mad Max film. It doesnt mean its bad. Worse than a fantastic movie is NOWHERE NEAR CLOSE TO A BAD FILM.

Return of the Jedi is considered worse than the previous two film. Its nowhere close to considered bad. I dont dont what thor 2 or aou are considered by you. Going by the standards of the genre they belong THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BAD.

And im online long enough to know that. The majority of sequels to acclaimed cbms are considered a step down. It doesnt make them bad.

Id be fine with Namor as the main villain. I dont care if they redeem him or not and have him as a antihero like Loki.

For sure BP wont reach the heights of the first one ($1346,9 mil) but it will still do a billion.

It will land somewhere between Iron Man 3 ($1214,8 mil) and Spider-Man 3 ($890,9 mil).

They could do that. I mean he's a bit of an enigma (so is BP for that matter and they actually have quite a lot in common). I suppose it comes down to my saying..... "Because the writers said so, that's why".

You can buy Tom Holland keeping a split ferry together you can buy Portman as a godess.

Nah. That inch in height is a deal breaker.

I dont buy Portman or Foster as Thor.
Why not make her some other Norse Godess that isnt Thor.

You want a midget Thor good for you. Maybe you ll also be happy with a 5''6'' guy as the new Thor when Hemsworth hangs his cape. I wont be.

You want a midget Thor good for you. Maybe you ll also be happy with a 5''6'' guy as the new Thor when Hemsworth hangs his cape. I wont be.

LOL. I never bought Portman as Foster. I like her as an actor, but sort of felt she was just going through the motions.

Once again... If the size of height of Spidey or Tony Stark or the inch, yes inch difference between Thompson and Portman doesn't matter then I honestly find your premise along with the hyperbole of "midget Thor" all kinds of silly.

LOL. I never bought Portman as Foster. I like her as an actor, but sort of felt she was just going through the motions.
I think she was fine, not giving an academy worthy performance, but fine under Branagh in Thor1. I honestly got some Donner Superman vibes from that movie, call me crazy. TDW though... she was phoning it in. Which has alwatys been an issue with her as a performer. She can deliver but when she decides she's unhappy or the material is beneath her... She goes auto-pilot.

On the other hand I think EVERYTHING aside from Hiddleston and Hemsworth's performances is kinda phoning it in through TDW's runtime.

So, I got to meet Anthony Russo today at a Best Buy HQ in MN for the “We Love You 3000” tour Marvel studios is doing. My costume group and I got to meet him and take pics with him. Marvel Studios even took a pic of us and put it on Twitter & Instagram. I’m Black Panther in the pic. It was a pretty fun day.

(Edited as my post was choppy and missing words/parts I meant to have included, and I just now noticed it)

Last edited:
So, I got to meet Anthony Russo today at a Best Buy HW in MN. My costume group and I got to meet him and take pics with him. Marvel Studios even out a pic of us on Instagram. I’m Black Panther in the pic. It was a fun day.

Is the bald guy Sitwell?

Beyond the usual tricks done on movies sets. they probably could use cpu technology to scale her up a bit while on screen if a transformation takes place upon picking up the hammer sort of like Donald Blake used to do when he picked up the hammer as discussed on this thread: Donald Blake?

Some cgi but mostly just playing with scale a bit in post production could easily make her appear She-Hulk like if they wanted.

Last edited:
So this Loki thing on Disney + literally makes no sense to me. How does he encounter powerful foes when the whole show is about him re-shaping world events?

So, I got to meet Anthony Russo today at a Best Buy HQ in MN for the “We Love You 3000” tour Marvel studios is doing. My costume group and I got to meet him and take pics with him. Marvel Studios even took a pic of us and put it on Twitter & Instagram. I’m Black Panther in the pic. It was a pretty fun day.

(Edited as my post was choppy and missing words/parts I meant to have included, and I just now noticed it)

:up: That's really cool!

Did you ask him if he's going to do Fantastic Four next? :funny:

:up: That's really cool!

Did you ask him if he's going to do Fantastic Four next? :funny:

In my mask, nobody could understand me, so I didn’t even try. It was still a cool Q&A though, although all the comments and answers were things I had already heard or figured out anyways.

Last edited:
So this Loki thing on Disney + literally makes no sense to me. How does he encounter powerful foes when the whole show is about him re-shaping world events?
History is filled with examples of people encountering powerful foes while trying to shape world events. He will encounter oppossing forces just BECAUSE he's re-shaping events.

I never felt any strong chemistry between Hemsworth and Portman which is why I've always been a bit wary of a Thor film in which their relationship is the central plot (like Patty Jenkins wanted with her Thor 2 film).

Magneto should keep his Jewish heritage. If they want to update the characters timeline then they could make him the son or grandson of Holocaust victims I suppose. He would lose the first hand account of the holocaust but still know the effects of it by having many of his relatives killed like many other Jewish people. Plus its not like anti-semitism has gone away. Pittsburgh synagogue shooting and Poway synagogue shooting have taken place in the last 12 months alone.

Marvel could make Magneto's family(Magda and his kid) the victim of anti-semitic attack by a neo-nazis but I think that might be in poor taste.

I would never have thought the bald guy was meant to be a Marvel character. I thought he was just a security guard for Russo or Best Buy who was keeping fans in line.

Anthony Russo is actually wearing his (“Coulson’s) Infinity Gauntlet in those pics we took. The pics we have are actually better than the ones Marvel Studios put up...they cut out a few people and one of them was Falcon, and his wings expand and contract back and fold up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"