MCU Phase IV!

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Lord, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Marvel still has two open spots in 2022 besides the BP2 spot so I imagine they're figuring out which 2 films get those slots.

2. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

This new crop of shows they've just announced for Disney+ has finally managed to get me hyped unlike any of the first batch. I can barely bring myself to care about the Hawkeye, Loki, WandaVision, or F&WS, but Moon Knight may well be the closest thing we ever get to a big budget Batman show, and I can't wait to meet Kamala Khan.

MbJ, ArmsHeldOut and Tymminator like this.
  3. Hello2016

Hello2016 Registered

I would be willing to bet Tom Holland would've appeared on stage for a Spider-Man panel if an agreement didn't fall through w/ an announcement of Marvel being involved in spinoffs as well...

There's also a loose rumor of She Hulk appearing as his lawyer in the 3rd movie besides just the show.

That being said, I think it's good to allow themselves breathing room to see how things fall in place next year from a financial perspective to act upon plan A or alternate plans B or C anyway.

#2453 Hello2016, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  4. Darkprime

Darkprime Registered

Lets say a deal is worked out by the end of the year at that point Spider-Man 3 would be gearing up for production next summer and the script probably written not to include MCU references. So do they do Spider-Man 3 outside of the MCU and then bring him back in Spider-Man 4? Or do they tweak the script last minute? I wouldn't want a script that was rewritten at the last minute.

5. Hello2016

Hello2016 Registered

I was mainly thinking in Marvel Studio's shoes... From Sony's situation I think it best for them to focus on their other movies and wait a year to see if negotiations pick backup or perhaps if they're willing to concede more after seeing next years box office.

For movies Marvel Studio's has for sure has on the docket, they can focus on those instead then decide what to prioritize first based on shifting circumstances. Therefore, the planning and framework would be in place to move quickly based on the option that is decided upon. Marvel can fill slots occupied by another film that's delayed a year or two with another film to occupy it's place then. Same thing goes for if movies next year have a low box office, Marvel can shift their more prominent or popular properties (or less expensive endeavors like a co-financed film such as Spider-Man) front and center then.

6. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Moon Knight, She Hulk and Ms Marvel! I wanted them all. That is a great next phase of shows if they nail them. Hopefully the initial batch can deliver.

Jedi Arrow, thangaran and Tymminator like this.
  7. Darkprime

Darkprime Registered

Makes you wonder what else could be coming down the pipeline over the next few years. Imagine all the X-Men/FF spinoffs we could see on Disney+.

Shuri, Iceman and Tymminator like this.
  8. Hello2016

Hello2016 Registered

That's the thing though. There's only limited room and things are scheduled out at the moment. 3 new IP's to me means Marvel is really trying to break new territory it would seem pretty aggressive.
    They could've easily filled the docket giving side characters of various franchises a miniseries for years to come but decided instead to break entirely new territory.

At this point, I think a "Marvel Spotlight" (in the spirit of the 70's comic) anthology series with a new property each season I think would be a great way at introducing characters of any given franchise in a singular sense as another idea to cover a lot of ground rather quickly as Marvel will need it. I think each season could be utilized to promote a particular movie; for instance introducing backstories of certain characters within the X-Mansion in each episode. If enough room was available though, I'd say they could make a miniseries out of various characters but things are so booked out right now that even a Marvel Spotlight show would be hard to shoehorn in before She-Hulk unless plans change.

#2458 Hello2016, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  9. Tymminator

Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

I would LOVE for X-Men to be both a Disney+ show and a few trilogy of movies.

Iceman likes this.
  10. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

I would be surprised if Guardians goes to Feb and Cap arrives 3 years after the 1st movie. But its all fine, get these sequels out of the way before F4/Mutants.

11. psylockolussus

I don't know about that. I have to see the quality of the first four D+ MCU shows first.

12. Iceman

The next 10 years will have a lot more content than the last 10 given how relatively slowly Phase 1 started and with all these shows every year on top. There’s so much ground that could be covered by then!

SumT likes this.
  13. Iceman

I wouldn’t be surprised if X-Men take up a central position in the MCU after the main film is properly introduced. I’d expect a main team film every 3 years or so after that with some spinoffs and shows about smaller number of characters.

14. ArmsHeldOut

ArmsHeldOut James K. Delaney

I'm not quite there yet, but I do feel similarly now. John Walker's involvement in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier has somewhat piqued my interest in that show as well.

flickchick85 likes this.
  15. AvengerPA

AvengerPA Registered

My new projections
    February- Blade
    Spring- She-Hulk
    May- Black Panther 2
    Summer- Ms. Marvel
    July- Guardians of the Galaxy 3
    Fall- Moon Knight

March- Captain Marvel 2
    May- New Avengers
    July- Ant-Man 3

16. Hello2016

Hello2016 Registered

The order of the Disney+ shows was announced at D23 with Ms. Marvel then Moon Knight then She Hulk as the last 3 shows in that order.

Spider-Man will fill one of those slots in 2022 I think if Marvel Studio's can work something out with Sony. Like the James Gunn situation, this may take time. Further negotiations could create an agreement otherwise some variables such as box office revenue next year could create a situation where concessions are made.

If Marvel wants extensive re-writes on the script though, I suppose 2023 is more likely if an agreement is made next year. I've hear rumors She-Hulk may appear in Spider-Man 3 as his lawyer so we'll see on that.

17. psylockolussus

Sounds fine, I just hope they don't use "New Avengers" as a title especially if it would feature old faces in the main roster.

And just greenlit Ant-Man 3 now lmao! It came out in the same year as Captain Marvel and it wasn't mentioned in Sdcc. I already feel a bit ocd that Thor is getting more solo films than IM/CA and Spidey would have just two solo movies.

18. AvengerPA

AvengerPA Registered

My new projections
    February- Blade
    Spring- She-Hulk
    May- Black Panther 2
    Summer- Ms. Marvel
    July- Guardians of the Galaxy 3
    Fall- Moon Knight

March- Captain Marvel 2
    Spring- Miss America
    May- New Avengers
    July- Ant-Man 3

19. Leo Zelinsky

Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Ant-Man, Hank Pym & Wasp should be folded into Avenger's films. Waste of a precious MCU film slot

20. BobJM

BobJM Uncle Charlie

Maybe a Young Avengers / Avengers Academy franchise. I think Paul Rudd would work well as the 'den mother' of a new batch of heroes, including his daughter as Stature.

Ant-Man & Wasp
    Patriot
    Stature
    Iron Lad (or Riri Williams)
    Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
    Wiccan
    Hulkling

21. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

I had a similar idea, though mine was still technically an Ant-Man part 3. Ant-Man & The Wasp: Future Foundation. The Pyms help fund and teach at this elite school for brainiacs, and Scott is around for whatever reason, lol. Features cameos from "Iron Man 3 Kid" (can't remember his name), and Riri Williams as students there and the future members of Fantastic Four make their mcu debut here. Maybe the bad guy is any one of the kabillion mad scientists running around marvel comics; he or she starts out as a professor there as well.

22. MbJ

MbJ Registered

The Ant-Man films have been the least popular at the box office of Marvel's more recent films, but I was surprised they didn't make one last attempt after his big role role in Endgame. We've seen characters get a bump before after appearing in an Avengers movie.

23. SumT

SumT Registered

why the quote "didnt make" in past form?
    Marvel hasnt said there wont be more Antman movies, and they haven announced all the phase 4 calendar.

24. Bayne

Bayne Registered

They've said they have announced all of phase 4 (though they added 3 Disney plus shows to phase 4 after having said that). But there's no reason to think Ant-man 3 can't happen in phase 5 (as will definitely be the case for Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2, etc).

psylockolussus likes this.
  25. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Just because they didn't announce one yet, does not mean one will not happen. Remember sequels are taking much longer to come out at this point in the MCU's history. We don't know what they have in mind for 2022 or beyond. Not for exact dates at least

MbJ likes this.