MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

Odin wins. Next up:
IronMan
iron-man-avengers-infinity-war.gif

vs the Mandarin
c79fb920c2c8fd2b63d185cfee772711.gif

Who you got peeps?

Iron Man 6/10.

If they could blow up discount-Cthulhu the rings are probably capable of overpowering Tony's nanotech, the Mandarin isn't that creative about how he uses them.

Where I think Tony will win out is by utilizing a variety of attacks and his mobility advantage.

The Shang Chi universe also plays by slightly different rules (kind of like a kung fu film) with regards to physics and the limits of a human body.

If Mandarin fights Tony in the mainstream MCU, Tony's power and versatility will likely win. But in Ta Lo or the Mandarin's lair, things might work differently.

Iron Man

The nanotech suit is just too advanced for the Mandarin. If it were one of the earlier suits, then the story would be different.

Iron Man vs Mandarin:

Iron Man, because there is no such person as the Mandarin. :p

Iron Man vs Xu Wenwu:

Like I've said elsewhere, it basically depends on the armor, but generally speaking, Iron Man takes this. Wenwu isn't completely uncompetitive, and he'd probably take out anything prior to the Avengers 1 armor safely enough if he fights smart, but passed a certain point? Iron Man is just beyond him. Bleeding Edge armor is *waaay* past that point. Wenwu might as well be fighting Thor for all that it matters.

Oh, and having seen Eternals now, I'm comfortable saying Thor takes the fight with Ikaris. Like, pre-Ragnarok/IW Thor isn't beyond Ikaris in power scale, but ultimately Thor is considerably more skilled, and Ikaris seems way too used to relying on his opponents being unable to seriously hurt him. That is not a good starting position when fighting someone who absolutely can do so, and is used to fighting other opponents who can do so.

Iron Man vs Mandarin:

Iron Man, because there is no such person as the Mandarin. :p

Iron Man vs Xu Wenwu:

Like I've said elsewhere, it basically depends on the armor, but generally speaking, Iron Man takes this. Wenwu isn't completely uncompetitive, and he'd probably take out anything prior to the Avengers 1 armor safely enough if he fights smart, but passed a certain point? Iron Man is just beyond him. Bleeding Edge armor is *waaay* past that point. Wenwu might as well be fighting Thor for all that it matters.
:hmm

Killmonger

Physics defying or not, Shang Chi's sister proved that you knock him out with one swift hit. Killmonger is just as skilled as him, if not more, and much more aggressive.

Shang-Chi vs Killmonger:

I'm assuming, based on the pictures, that this is Shang-Chi without the Rings or any Ta-Lo gear, and Killmonger without herb-powers or vibranium weapons. In which case? Shang-Chi should win much more often than not. Ultimately, his martial arts training exists on a different level from Killmonger. Even just the bus fight has Shang-Chi doing feats that Killmonger never matches, not without powers.

I'll be conservative and say "Shang Chi 8/10", but that is probably me being generous to Killmonger.

Shang-Chi vs Killmonger:

I'm assuming, based on the pictures, that this is Shang-Chi without the Rings or any Ta-Lo gear, and Killmonger without herb-powers or vibranium weapons. In which case? Shang-Chi should win much more often than not. Ultimately, his martial arts training exists on a different level from Killmonger. Even just the bus fight has Shang-Chi doing feats that Killmonger never matches, not without powers.

I'll be conservative and say "Shang Chi 8/10", but that is probably me being generous to Killmonger.
Agreed with this if the two are without all their bonuses.

Killmonger

Physics defying or not, Shang Chi's sister proved that you knock him out with one swift hit. Killmonger is just as skilled as him, if not more, and much more aggressive.

In Shaun's defence, he wasn't really trying. In the bus he kicks the **** out of a bunch of tough goons pretty handily. He also defeated the Mandarin's head ninja assassin.

Kilmonger beat a powerless Tchalla, no mean feat, but Tchalla wasn't trying to kill him at the time.

Shang Chi's kung fu gives him low level super powers, I mean he doesn't bruise and shows speed that Kilmonger certainly doesn't in hand to hand.

What does all that mean ? I can't see Shaun losing to Eric.

Also, Xialing was trained ( well, self-trained ) in the same style and on the same level as Shang was. Note that, without needing any special power ups, she was capable of engaging in a wuxia battle on ( and beside, and underneath ) the back of a dragon hundreds of feet in the air, while said dragon was also engaged in an aerial battle.

Basically, Shang-Chi getting sucker punched by her doesn't really help Eric's case, because his odds would be pretty much equally poor against Xialing, too.

Dormammu

Ego can regenerate all he wants but it won't make a difference, there's no way that he's defeating Dormammu in his own dimension.
In Shaun's defence, he wasn't really trying. In the bus he kicks the **** out of a bunch of tough goons pretty handily. He also defeated the Mandarin's head ninja assassin.

Kilmonger beat a powerless Tchalla, no mean feat, but Tchalla wasn't trying to kill him at the time.

Shang Chi's kung fu gives him low level super powers, I mean he doesn't bruise and shows speed that Kilmonger certainly doesn't in hand to hand.

What does all that mean ? I can't see Shaun losing to Eric.
Fair enough, alright I'll change my vote to Shaun.

Shang Chi wins. Next up:
Dormammu
dormammu-doctor-strange.gif

vs Ego
tumblr_ppz3nobYpS1u2x68ro1_250.gifv

Who you got peeps?

I'm going with Dormammmu to beat Ego, as he eats planets for breakfast, but........I'll see your Dormammum and RAISE you....

ARISHEM !

images

Probably the one being ( other than similar level celestials ) who could destroy Dormammu, maybe even in the Dark Dimension.

Arishem can put together suns and solar systems of planets and create singularities. He has the power to appear close enough to earth to be seen, but manage to restrain any effects his own gravity would have on our world. That means he can alter the curvature of spacetime itself.

Arishem is pretty much God, capital G.

Ego needs seeds of progeny to destroy planets, and Door-mouse-guy needs minions on the planet he wants to destroy for that.

But EGO can send his avatar far away from his main body in GotG2 and still use his powers, so I'm voting for evil Kurt Russel instead of evil Benedict Cumberbatch mo-cap.

I'm going with Dormammmu to beat Ego, as he eats planets for breakfast, but........I'll see your Dormammum and RAISE you....

ARISHEM !

images

Probably the one being ( other than similar level celestials ) who could destroy Dormammu, maybe even in the Dark Dimension.

Arishem can put together suns and solar systems of planets and create singularities. He has the power to appear close enough to earth to be seen, but manage to restrain any effects his own gravity would have on our world. That means he can alter the curvature of spacetime itself.

Arishem is pretty much God, capital G.
I have no plans to see Eternals in theaters so I have no clue what any of their powers are. But I will take your word for it and use it next round.

I have no plans to see Eternals in theaters so I have no clue what any of their powers are. But I will take your word for it and use it next round.

Mate, I went in wanting and expecting to dislike it. Actually, it was okay. It wasn't great, and had a lot more problems, but I liked some of the big ideas and the third act was pretty spectacular.

I'm going to see it a second time, just because some stuff ( like Arishem) is better on the big screen.

He's created a race of servile androids who probably rival the Asgardians for power, and are actually ageless ( so they're millions of years old).

As for his other powers.....well I think he probably one ups Dormammu, given that creating stars and planets seems more difficult than merely drawing them into another dimension.

He would be much, much larger than Dormammmu, who would have been probably about 1000 feet tall ( based on his size compared to Dr Strange), whereas Arishem is comparable in size to the Earth.

He also seems unlikely to be susceptible to Infinity stones, maybe even the time stone.

Have to say I disliked Shaun Chi at first, but after watching it on Disney plus a few times, it's actually...well mostly not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"