MCU vs thread....controversy and chaos

It's a thread that isn't about phase iv or the current or future state of the MCU at all. Constant rants that never have anything new to say and aren't even relevant to the thread are not 'normal' forum posting.

You realise you're still whining about people whining.

Sooooooooo I'll also go with Taskmaster as well :oldrazz:

From what I understand, Kamala is still too wet behind the ears and is trying to get her footing (I haven't watched her show yet). Task's mastery of martial arts and weaponry would make this a very unfair fight.

8/10

Again, tough to say this without sounding condescending but when you look up how to use "literally" correctly, you should also check out "irony" ( but not the Alanis Morisette song, because that's just about coincidence). Cheers.

Sooooooooo I'll also go with Taskmaster as well :oldrazz:

From what I understand, Kamala is still too wet behind the ears and is trying to get her footing (I haven't watched her show yet). Task's mastery of martial arts and weaponry would make this a very unfair fight.

8/10

Do the bracelets have to be consciously used
or do they have a degree of automatic functioning ? Obviously they're the MCU version of Quasar's quantum bands ( marvel comics) which were an idea borrowed from Green Lantern's ring.

Once upon a time Green Lantern rings had an automatic, built in function that they would protect the wearer's life at all costs. DC changes stuff a lot so I don't know if that's still true.

What I'm saying, in a very roundabout way, is "Can the bracelets use their hard light constructs to protect Kamala, without her having to consciously use them ?" If not, then Taskmaster is going to shoot her dead in about 3 seconds. If they do have some sort of auto defence shield function then it might be a much more even fight.

I still see Taskmaster winning.

Again, tough to say this without sounding condescending but when you look up how to use "literally" correctly, you should also check out "irony" ( but not the Alanis Morisette song, because that's just about coincidence). Cheers.

I'm well aware of the meaning of both words. Enough to know that the meaning of 'literally' has actually been shifting for over a decade at this point, but I'm sure as the local representative of the definition police you know all about that.

I'm also well aware that 'What about you, huh?!' is just a reworded version of 'I know you are but what am I?' which is a five year old's argument. And while we're on the subject, 'You used a word wrong so you're just a stupid-head!' is also very much a five year old's argument.

So if you want an example of irony, I'd say there's plenty to be found in the self-appointed champion of maturity who apparently has no better defense than limp playground insults and childish deflection.

Do the bracelets have to be consciously used
or do they have a degree of automatic functioning ? Obviously they're the MCU version of Quasar's quantum bands ( marvel comics) which were an idea borrowed from Green Lantern's ring.

Once upon a time Green Lantern rings had an automatic, built in function that they would protect the wearer's life at all costs. DC changes stuff a lot so I don't know if that's still true.

What I'm saying, in a very roundabout way, is "Can the bracelets use their hard light constructs to protect Kamala, without her having to consciously use them ?" If not, then Taskmaster is going to shoot her dead in about 3 seconds. If they do have some sort of auto defence shield function then it might be a much more even fight.

I still see Taskmaster winning.

I don't think there's any good evidence at all to support the idea that they have anything to do with the Quantum Bands. But I also don't see any evidence that they have any automatic defense capabilities. After the end of last week's episode I'm not entirely convinced the bracelets will even still be necessary for her to use her powers by the end of the show, though we'll have to see where the finale goes.

I'm well aware of the meaning of both words. Enough to know that the meaning of 'literally' has actually been shifting for over a decade at this point, but I'm sure as the local representative of the definition police you know all about that.

I'm also well aware that 'What about you, huh?!' is just a reworded version of 'I know you are but what am I?' which is a five year old's argument. And while we're on the subject, 'You used a word wrong so you're just a stupid-head!' is also very much a five year old's argument.

So if you want an example of irony, I'd say there's plenty to be found in the self-appointed champion of maturity who apparently has no better defense than limp playground insults and childish deflection.

I don't think there's any good evidence at all to support the idea that they have anything to do with the Quantum Bands. But I also don't see any evidence that they have any automatic defense capabilities. After the end of last week's episode I'm not entirely convinced the bracelets will even still be necessary for her to use her powers by the end of the show, though we'll have to see where the finale goes.

Mate, you used a word wrong and whined about people whining, and I pointed it out. There's no defence of anything going on.

That rant you've posted above....wow. That's just you projecting. Reading it makes me feel sorry for you. Best of luck.

Mate, you used a word wrong and whined about people whining, and I pointed it out. There's no defence of anything going on.

That rant you've posted above....wow. That's just you projecting. Reading it makes me feel sorry for you. Best of luck.

Sure.

Taskmaster wins. Next up:

Dweller in Darkness
shang-chi-final-fight.gif

vs Captain Marvel
209056.gif

Who you got peeps?!

Taskmaster wins. Next up:

Dweller in Darkness
shang-chi-final-fight.gif

vs Captain Marvel
209056.gif

Who you got peeps?!

Captain Marvel - assuming the D in D doesn't require a +1 weapon to be harmed ( the magic arrows of Ta Lo hurt it but guns wouldn't....)

If Captain Marvel's energy blasts harm it....it's toast. She smashed spaceships way bigger than the dweller in her very first appearance with zero effort.

Also, the Dweller probably can't steal her soul....because she probably doesn't have one.

Captain Marvel - assuming the D in D doesn't require a +1 weapon to be harmed ( the magic arrows of Ta Lo hurt it but guns wouldn't....)

If Captain Marvel's energy blasts harm it....it's toast. She smashed spaceships way bigger than the dweller in her very first appearance with zero effort.

Also, the Dweller probably can't steal her soul....because she probably doesn't have one

*snicker* Be fair, she actually showed a smidgeon of personality beyond "smugly arrogant" in the Shang-Chi stinger.

Anyway, yeah. Captain Marvel takes it. Sure, the Dweller in Darkness has some degree of mundane-defense, but:

1. We only saw it shrug off ordinary small arms, and its inappropriate to assume an infinite absolute defense without evidence. "Immune to rifle bullets" does not mean "Immune to nukes" as an extreme example ( and its not like the Dweller was intangible, where you could make a "not able to hit" argument ).

2. Not only is Captain Marvel's primary attack method energy-based rather than physical, but its *infinity stone energy*. If there is any attack type which would be "bypass damage resistance= all", that would be it.

Carol probably doesn't want to let the thing just continually grapple her ( its a kaiju with a soul-drain attack, both of those would be able to hurt her ), but she's a fast flier with ranged attacks, she has no good reason for this to ever come up.

Isn't the DoD magic based? I thought that was why the villagers was able to hurt him. If that is the case, wouldn't Captain Marvel's attacks affect him differently? Like............not hurt him as bad? Kind of like Superman tbh...............

The Ten Rings also hurt the DiD and the movie hints those are more alien science than magic. So I see no reason to think Carol's powers wouldn't hurt it. And if it tries to soul suck her she can just instantly blast in the face with a photon blast. Given her ability to fight entire fleets, one kaiju shouldn't be a problem (in fact in the comics she tends to fight Kaiju on a fairly regular basis).

Isn't the DoD magic based? I thought that was why the villagers was able to hurt him. If that is the case, wouldn't Captain Marvel's attacks affect him differently? Like............not hurt him as bad? Kind of like Superman tbh...............

Not in the slightest. We have evidence for the DoD having a special defense that means ordinary small arms fire can't hurt him, while magically-enhanced arrows can. Sufficient defense to make that difference would have zero discernible effect on an attack capable of shattering a mountain-sized space missile. Presuming that "actually the DoD has vastly more defense-versus-mundane than actually shown" would be doing just that, presuming without evidence.

And this is on top of the fact that Captain Marvel's powers are Infinity Stone energy, the idea that they would be treated as "mundane" is *incredibly* dubious.

Cap Marvel would probably win this one. Now, when it comes to bigger league kaijus like Godzilla and Destoroyah, they'd stomp her out.

dd0qqj2-ca12307b-3aa1-4f68-a087-157a71e4c416.gif

Depends on the version. :p Though I would say that the current "Monsterverse" version of Godzilla is probably someone you would want to bring an entire Avengers team to fight, not just a single hero.

On the one hand, I don't believe Valkyrie is really fully on the god tier. Asgardian, in and of itself, is not the same as the power level of Thor or Odin and we've still never seen her do anything really special . Just general hand to hand with no clear indisputable evidence that even that is comparable to Thor's strength. I also don't put much stock at all in her sparring with the Hulk. There's a massive difference between sparring and an actual fight, especially since Hulk seemed to really like her.

On the other hand, Abomination isn't the Hulk, anyway. He doesn't quite seem to have the Hulk's penchant for always hanging on regardless of how much damage he takes (well, almost always) and my impression of his skill level and tactical decision making is certainly not very high (definitely nowhere near Valkyrie's skill level).

I general I think I have to say that even a more normal Asgardian like Valkyrie probably should have the durability to survive a few mistakes against Abomination and the strength to at least potentially be able to hurt him, especially with Asgardian weapons. So given Valkyrie's long experience and massive skill advantage, I guess she'll take it at least 6, maybe 7 out of 10 times.

I'm going with Valkyrie as well. Maybe Abomination has an edge in brute strength (undetermined), but Val's cumulative advantages of Asgardian strength, durability, speed, agility, stamina, reflexes, and healing make her a formidable opponent. She was able to overpower Loki and knock down Hulk after all...

Plus she now has Zeus' Thunderbolt as her weapon of choice. I'd say she could wipe the floor with Abomination pretty easily.

Valkyrie vs Abomination:

Haven't seen L&T yet, but yeah, I go with Valkyrie. As portrayed in Ragnarok she at least seemed like she was supposed to be within spitting distance of Thor's physicality, and that plus skill plus weapons should be more than enough to overwhelm Diet Offbrand Hulk.

Valkyrie wins and I don't know how but...........whatever. Next up:

Captain Marvel
4a2e2b7a3aabd03daebf11d1a2e970cc.gif

vs Gorr the god butcher
4c5.gif

Who you got peeps?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"