MCU X-Men - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020 is too early to see Raven again, but she and Rogue should absolutely be in the first X-Men film together. If you "give a break" to all the good antagonists, there's nothing left to go to the theater for except the good guys's personalities being done well, which could be done over card games.

But there are tonnes of potential good antagonists in X-comics history. :huh:

Arcade and The Shadow King are due for a good movie.

Even though he was done to death, I'd like a good Reverend Stryker somewhere down the line.

But there are tonnes of potential good antagonists in X-comics history. :huh:

Magneto is better than Mystique, Emma & Juggernaut, who in turn are far more compelling than all but the Sentinels.
Brotherhood members? Each made more interesting by their relationship to Magneto or Mystique.
Apocalypse? It's kind of goofy how he's a pagan Egyptian with grey skin who's obsessed with the Book of Revelation.
Sebastian Shaw? He's OK, but Fox actually made him better.
Mr. Sinister? An intentionally juvenile design.
The Brood? Shi'ar? It's pretty shallow to start with a space opera where all the mutants in the script are good guys. It's one thing if both X-Men and antagonist mutants save Earth together and react differently to humanity in the aftermath, but that means using those compelling antagonists, not "having them rest."
Arcade? Yeesh.

Magneto is better than Mystique, Emma & Juggernaut, who in turn are far more compelling than all but the Sentinels.
Brotherhood members? Each made more interesting by their relationship to Magneto or Mystique.
Apocalypse? It's kind of goofy how he's a pagan Egyptian with grey skin who's obsessed with the Book of Revelation.
Sebastian Shaw? He's OK, but Fox actually made him better.
Mr. Sinister? An intentionally juvenile design.
The Brood? Shi'ar? It's pretty shallow to start with a space opera where all the mutants in the script are good guys. It's one thing if both X-Men and antagonist mutants save Earth together and react differently to humanity in the aftermath, but that means using those compelling antagonists, not "having them rest."
Arcade? Yeesh.

We're talking about the studio who made Toomes a believable threat and compelling villain.
They could make Mojo be their Freddy Kruegger if they wanted.

Who would we get this time as Selene and Emma Frost?

And would Disney/ Marvel even allow them to be dressed up in what essentially look like hookers' uniforms? How would they be clothed?

I'll give you that Mr. Sinister or Arcade could be compelling if they cast someone with an Oscar and write in an intimate tie to one of the protagonists (which Sinister already has with Summers. Huh).

Who would we get this time as Selene and Emma Frost?

And would Disney/ Marvel even allow them to be dressed up in what essentially look like hookers' uniforms? How would they be clothed?

Selene and Emma arent always dressed in hooker clothes

latest

emma-frost-31dc6b67-df08-478a-ae94-b16772a8586-resize-750.jpeg

Their attire can still be sexually provactive without having them be half naked

Anybody else think it would be cool to see Mystique show up in the Black Widow movie?

I would love to see Mystique with a more comic book accurate look (no more blue scales or not having any clothes on) and being a manipulative villain instead of as a silent henchwoman or as hero.

I personally would love to see Mystique rock the white dress and shrunken skull.

And when they eventually get to the Dark Phoenix saga wouldn't mind the half naked look. They're still mega powerful women. Jean Grey did it the best however.

adam-hughes-black-queen.jpg

The comic book thing where she wears real clothes that magically disappear when she shapeshifts is dumb, though. Does her X-gene teleport them to the same smelly dimension her son teleports through?

I couldn’t be happier about Fox not ruining Sinister yet. The stage has been set for his introduction in the first inevitable MCU X-Men

The comic book thing where she wears real clothes that magically disappear when she shapeshifts is dumb, though. Does her X-gene teleport them to the same smelly dimension her son teleports through?

If Mystique can shapeshift other people's clothes as she's impersonating them, why couldn't she create her own clothes?

If Mystique can shapeshift other people's clothes as she's impersonating them, why couldn't she create her own clothes?

She could... I hope it doesn't overly complicate the visual effects if she's modest in the MCU though. The way she formed disguises from her naked skin was done quite well.

I couldn’t be happier about Fox not ruining Sinister yet. The stage has been set for his introduction in the first inevitable MCU X-Men
I would prefer Sinister to be the villain of the first movie. This would play pretty well to me with Cyclops being a focal point. Maybe Luke Evans would work?

I really cannot wait to see Sinister, whenever they plan to do him.

My X-Men fancast would go like
If they race bend I hope it's still someone who looks and acts like the character ergo Avan Jogia
2aigen9.jpg

I still like Emile Hirsch for Logan right age look, height and great actor
2zye920.jpg

25ho4gl.jpg

I mean come on!

Jean Grey Lily Collins is just a fantastic actress and looks great with red hair.
24b51mo.jpg

Although she’s still my favourite for Susan Storm, if she doesn’t get that I would love to see Betty Gilpin as an animated series esque Rogue

Last edited:
Isn't Peri Gilpin 57? She played Roz in Frasier.

I like the idea of Lily Collins for Jean.

Hailee Steinfeld as Kitty Pryde
DV44MS6X4AUK4DQ.jpg

Great pick and comparison. Although she probably should be younger than the others, it would probably be a change for the worse to have her with the whole team also being pretty young.

Yeah, would feel weird if Kitty wasn't younger than the others.

Kitty is pointless to have around if the entire team is teens as people are suggesting here. She serves better as a contrast to the older more experienced members and shouldnt be added till later if that were the case

Kitty is pointless to have around if the entire team is teens as people are suggesting here. She serves better as a contrast to the older more experienced members and shouldnt be added till later if that were the case

She should definitely be added later. She was kind of bland in X-Men Evolution where she was in the same grade as the rest of the first class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"