MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
shiney! new thread! hopefully this one starts less stupid than the old one ended

shiney! new thread! hopefully this one starts less stupid than the old one ended

What happened? I seriously hope that when you all mention "stupidity", it's due to someone not being as excited about the films.

introducing mutants is like introducing inhumans they existed but weren't known. they're already introducing wakanda and atalan or the blue area of the moon. places that for the films as they've been so far might have just as well not existed. in the MCU mutants can just be rare until when ever they use them if they get the rights back.

Last edited:
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed (metaphorically) for a Fox/Sony/Marvel Studios crossover some years way down the line when comicbook movies start to wane in the eyes of viewers. Secret War maybe.

anyone watching the 75th marvel anniversary today on ABC?

Lets take bets on how many times they mention X-Men.

I'll say once.

:hehe:

Yeah, I'm definitely watching it. I'm supposed to hang out with my girlfriend tonight cause we've both been super busy and I haven't really seen her that much, so she might not be to happy that I'll be insisting that we watch a marvel documentary. But she's patient and puts up with me, hopefully she'll grit her teeth and bare it lol. She's not crazy about superhero movies.

Yeah, I'm definitely watching it. I'm supposed to hang out with my girlfriend tonight cause we've both been super busy and I haven't really seen her that much, so she might not be to happy that I'll be insisting that we watch a marvel documentary. But she's patient and puts up with me, hopefully she'll grit her teeth and bare it lol. She's not crazy about superhero movies.

lol thats how my wife used to be but i got her into superhero movies and now AOS. so ofcourse she'll want to see it.

Just give her the remote during commercials. She'll be happy

Lets take bets on how many times they mention X-Men and Fantastic Four.

I'll say once.

They'll appear as many times as they do on this poster:

Marvel_75th_Anniversary_Magazine_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg

Which...... is comprised of all MCU characters. Past, Present, and Future. Well, except for Spidey. :cwink:

They'll appear as many times as they do on this poster:

Which...... is comprised of all MCU characters. Well, minus Spidey.
Lol Spider-man is to synonymous with their company, not a chance they leave him off.
Note who's in the front... Ant-man!
Good to see him getting some love, even though it is ever so small :woot:
lol thats how my wife used to be but i got her into superhero movies and now AOS. so ofcourse she'll want to see it.

Just give her the remote during commercials. She'll be happy
Not a chance! We've done that before, she'll change the channel and "forget" to change it back in time lol
That would be my second bet. I guess I am just trying to hold out some hope.
The X-men will make an appearance when it discusses Marvel's comic book history, and maybe when it talks about the first X-men film and how it made CBM's popular. That might be about it though.
I'd say the X-men have a much better chance of appearing than the FF.

Lol Spider-man is to synonymous with their company, not a chance they leave him off.
Note who's in the front... Ant-man!
Good to see him getting some love, even though it is ever so small :woot:

Not a chance! We've done that before, she'll change the channel and "forget" to change it back in time lol

The X-men will make an appearance when it discusses Marvel's comic book history, and maybe when it talks about the first X-men film and how it made CBM's popular. That might be about it though.
I'd say the X-men have a much better chance of appearing than the FF.

lol i think you forgot to change it not her lol :yay:

lol i think you forgot to change it not her lol :yay:

How long did it take for your wife to get into the whole superhero thing? I'm thinking it'll be a looong time to get her into it, especially something like AoS.

DVR'ing it to watch later tonight.

I'd be surprised if they completely left out X-Men and FF...but I'm sure FF's inclusion will be incredibly minor.

You're going to have to convert her lol.

I used the bottom part of your sig to quickly rank my rough anticipation levels for each film. (for ref something like Mission Impossible would be about 75%)

Avengers 2 - 98%
Ant-man - 82%
Captain America 3 - 90%
Doctor Strange - 91%
Guardians 2 - 90%
Thor 3 - 90%
Black Panther - 89%
Avengers 3 part I - 99%
Captain Marvel - 92%
Inhumans - 91%
Avengers 3 part II - 100%

What are you going to do with the top part of your sig after AOU comes out? :woot:

I expect a decent amount of Fantastic Four just because they're the big ones that set everything in motion. Hard to imagine them getting short shrift. X-Men will probably get mention because they blew up in the 80s and 90s and became huge. Given that, they'll probably be mentioned less. I tend to agree that things like Guardians will get disproportionate attention, but I don't think they could ignore the Fantastic Four. Hell, just talking about Black Panther and Inhumans will require them to say "first debuted in Fantastic Four).

You're going to have to convert her lol.

I used the bottom part of your sig to quickly rank my rough anticipation levels for each film. (for ref something like Mission Impossible would be about 75%)

Avengers 2 - 98%
Ant-man - 82%
Captain America 3 - 90%
Doctor Strange - 91%
Guardians 2 - 90%
Thor 3 - 90%
Black Panther - 89%
Avengers 3 part I - 99%
Captain Marvel - 92%
Inhumans - 91%
Avengers 3 part II - 100%

What are you going to do with the top part of your sig after AOU comes out? :woot:
That's a great question, I've got a couple months to decide. I'll probably just put

MCU: highest grossing film franchise of all time. Suck it Harry Potter
or something like that lol :woot:

That's a great question, I've got a couple months to decide. I'll probably just put

MCU: highest grossing film franchise of all time. Suck it Harry Potter
or something like that lol :woot:
Haha cool. I'd actually love it if you added the overall MCU franchise total to date after AoU and adjusted it for each new film.

the FF are the one that startet the Marvel age of comics, without the First Family, Marvel as we know it, wouldn't exist. of course they will be mentioned

According to the Marvel Twitter page, there will be some sneak previews at 'Age of Ultron', 'Ant-Man', "& more" tonight during the Marvel 75 Years special.

It's about an hour away right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"