MCU X-Men - Part 4

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Aug 12, 2018.

1. LightDaggers

LightDaggers Does a mall babe eat chili fries?

She'd be a pretty good Jean, but I've thought she'd be a good Batgirl as well.

Marvel united likes this.
  2. sleekstereo

sleekstereo Registered

I consider Asa Butterfield a leading contender for Cyclops. He was a frontrunner for Spiderman, but his height, talent, and age will fit for Cyclops.

I mean, Enders Game showcases how great he can play a leader.

3. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Asa is a great actor he has a nice height on him but I'm not sure if he's right. He has sort of a baby face and a very wiry frame.

Right now - Harris Dickinson (who is playing a role in Maleficent 2) is my choice for Scott. He's the same age and same height as Asa but he fits the traditional image of Scott more
    de07d5f7eedc3380def9a19451ada66a.jpg

Beach-Rats2.jpg

He's starred in a bunch of smaller indie films and he's been nominated for multiple acting accolades (one of which he won). He's very much in the same boat Holland was in before he was cast as Spider-Man. He's on the verge of breaking out with his role in Maleficent.

Btw, he already played a Scott-lit in Darkest Minds

4. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

He does have a very Scott Summers vibe, voice and all too.

5. Marvel united

Yeah, I saw the movie and my mind immediately went to Scott Summers. There's another clip on YT -- 10 minutes long that shows the aftermath of the chase and you can really see how much of an authoritarian Summers vibe he gives off there. Which is important.
    DkoW9lVXcAAA0U3.jpg

And his voice is absolutely perfect. Could easily imagine him giving orders and being standoffish. He does that in the movie quite a bit, actually.

6. Heretic

Heretic Registered

Scott Summers is nicknamed "slim"...a wiry frame doesnt necessarily disqualify an actor from playing him (though I'm not a fan of Asa Butterfield).

7. SumT

SumT Registered

I watched Darkest minds some days ago, and didnt like his character/acting at all, so even if he's hot, tall, good age and all.... no, thank u.
    Marvel can do better

8. Marvel united

Cyclops is suppose to be built. The nickname came from the early issues, before Stan Lee had settled on a name for the character he was called "Slim Summers" they changed in issue 5 or 6. But Wolverine uses it to make fun of him.

Now if they're gonna do an origin story with a 15 year old I could see why he would be wirey but for a 19 year old Cyclops (which my ideal age for him) They'd have to get Asa on a training regime where he gains weight and muscle.

Maybe you should check out Beach Rats. His performance in that movie was critically acclaimed by critics. He's clearly a very talented actor

He didn't have a huge role in Darkest Minds but he displayed enough Scott-esque qualities to make me want him

9. Frankeh

Frankeh Registered

What kind of X-Men ripoff is that? Gives me Sky High vibes, but post apocalyptic.

Anyway, he does have the look and voice for Scott.

10. Heretic

Heretic Registered

Well...again...X-Men is about a group of kids who get powers when they hit puberty...so...I'm as okay with a 15 year old actor in that first film as I am with a 30 year old actor...but yeah...someone a few years older playing younger (like the MCU is doing with Peter Parker) is probably the best option since most child actors are just awful.

I just always saw Scott as being a slimmer build than someone like Captain America. Some superheroes aren't about muscle mass, but more being in athletic shape or whatever. You know, like...Flash and He-Man shouldn't be the same actor. Most actors would still have to hit the freaking gym to get there, but I don't need Cyclops to be jacked.

11. Marvel united

A 19 year old would still be a teen but this is the age where somebody could be playing College football so naturally they would be jacked. The X-gene activates during puberty which is anywhere during a person's teen years. So it could have activated when he was 16-17 and we meet a Scott Summers who has 2 years of experience under his belt. They should be teens but it doesn't necessarily have to be a full-on origin story per say. In the Ultimate comics, we are introduced to a 18-19 year old Cyclops who looks like this
    0a914384d289a0c65267ea6efa38e54e--marvel-art-marvel-comics.jpg

I agree, I imagine Scott and the others will likely be cast in the same age-group as Holland/Homecoming kids for brand synergy. Spidey and the X-Men should/would be around the same age in real life as well as in the MCU. So casting people in the early to mid 20s (21-26) to play 17-19 year olds makes sense. With the exception of Storm and Forge who could be cast late 20s (27-30) since they'd be a couple years older than everybody else.
    He can be slimmer than Cap but he should be bigger than Spider-Man
    f518d483e9839f12e38d43b429d7b116.jpg
    Him being jacked is kinda important to the authoritarian, peak mutant image that is suppose to represent. He was Charles' first student; he's the "Ideal X-Man". Plus they need to get it away from the Sheridan Cyclops who was portrayed as a wiry, slim physique.

I Am The Knight likes this.
  12. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

I thought you wanted Scott's journey to 90s Jim Lee Cyclops to be earned. And to you, there's no other way to show that than by portraying him as teen Scott, starting from him discovering his powers at puberty.

Now you want him to be authoritarian, peak mutant? Well that's Jim Lee Cyclops...

13. Marvel united

No, I don't want that (15 yo discovering his powers) they tried to do that with Sheridan already. Even in the original Kirby/Lee run , Cyclops was introduced as the already established leader of the X-Men. And he was always much more mature and subdued than the other members. What I mean by peak mutant - let me rephrase that, I want him to be the ideal of what an X-Man should be. Stan Lee said that he created Scott to be the personification of Xavier's dream. So he should be the leader, he should be standoffish and he should be the authoritarian of the X-Men. But not because he's already a seasoned badass who has 19 years of experience but because he was the first X-Man and Xavier has put the burden of responsibility on his shoulders I want this Cyclops

1999335-674370_cyke27_super.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Evolution, Ultimate and bits of early Claremont Scott.

Yes, he's an authoritarian over the X-Men but he still struggles with being a leader. He feels like he has to be "perfect" to live up to Charles' expectations whom pushes him harder than anybody else. It's the Leonardo/Splinter dynamic. In short: He's more of a tutor as opposed to a mentor to the younger students.

Scott should be like this

14. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I would definitely have taken him for Spidey. He has some good qualities for Cyclops, but overall there are other who I think could be a better overall fit.

15. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

The kid who plays Chase on Runaways would've made a pretty solid Cyclops
    Right age so he looks just a bit older than Spidey, and he's in good shape without looking like a body-builder compared to most 19 year olds

Annnnnd I just looked him up and he's 26..
    Man, our perception of age is so skewed by Hollywood

So yeah, for actors they should look mid-20's, but make the character whatever damn age they want lol
    Hahahah... ain't many 18 year olds on this planet who look like that, and theyre all college football players not actors

16. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

He can be one of those kids on hardcore steroids. :cwink:

17. SumT

SumT Registered

ugh, the Runaways actor is pretty mediocre, he's hot, but thats almost the only positive thing about him.

Marvel Studios Cyclops needs all the right elements, and someone on the level of Chris Evans (not talking about his body, just the whole package: look, body, vibe, charming....). We need someone that makes the audience connects with him, not just a hot looking boy and calling a day. I just need the casting to be perfect

18. Marvel united

To be fair, there aren't many normal 15 year olds who look like this either:

DguKg1TUcAAwgvt.jpg
    But Parker is not normal. Now Cyclops would be a couple of years older than Peter, he's had more time to train and build muscle. The actor would have to go on a strict diet/training regime like all of the MCU actors did. That's no problem.

Harris Dickinson already has the physique nailed down
    Beach-Rats.png

Beach Rats is on Netflix. I'm gonna check it out after I get off work.

Btw, assuming Marvel doesn't used Magneto/Brotherhood in the first trilogy - who would you choose?

- Movie 1: Sentinels and Exodus/Acolytes (rewritten backstory)
    - Movie 2: Mr. Sinister/Marauders and John Sublime/U-Men
    Movie 3. Cassandra Nova, Cameron Hodge and The Imperial Guard

#3018 Marvel united, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  19. Marvel united

She's definitely on Feige's radar now :)

Lencho01, Lip and p4poetic like this.
  20. Frankeh

Frankeh Registered

I hope it works!

21. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

Omg yessssss

LightDaggers likes this.
  22. Heretic

Heretic Registered

So, that would make Storm...what...almost 30...when her powers are activated? Okay.

23. Lip

Lip Registered

Almost 30 when she appears in the MCU? Maybe. Almost 30 when her powers are "activated"? No.

24. OnTheAir

OnTheAir Wakandan Ambassador

Mr. Feige, yes, please and thank you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Shinobi Shaw

Shinobi Shaw The Black King of THC

Kiki would kill it.

LightDaggers and Marvel united like this.