MCU X-Men - Part 4

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

Amanda Heard's Mera's red hair reminded me of Ariel of The Little Mermaid.

the-little-mermaid-live-musical-abc.jpg

Marvel united likes this.
  2. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

That may have been their inspiration all things considered

3. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

It worked if that was (or if it wasn't) the intention.

4. Iceman

I don't think natural shades of hair are much of a thing for the X-women lol.

5. Lip

Lip Registered

Since we're talking about hair, I'd love to see Rogue with a more curly hair.

Marvel united and LightDaggers like this.
  6. Iceman

That would be fine, especially if more of the others have straight (or wavy) hair.

7. LightDaggers

LightDaggers I'm a goofball

8. Marvel united

Fair point. Although I never assumed Jean's hair was the result of the X-Gene like Rogue or Polaris. The Fox films always giving her natural shades may have colored my perception, though.

Nah, cast an actual kid to play Jubilee. I think if Lana ever comes to the MCU, it probably won't be in X-Men. The same goes for any other Fox actors

9. Frankeh

Frankeh Registered

Sure it can be a crimson red, I don’t mind as long as it’s red and not brown or orange like in Fox movies. But then there’s also the issue of Polaris and Psylocke and Storm all with unnatural hair.

Iceman likes this.
  10. Iceman

I just want them all to look amazing with such a great variety of colours. Whatever works best.

11. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

I want Jean to be a fiery red head.
    I want Rogue's hair to have VOLUME.
    I want Kitty to have really curly hair.
    I want Storm to have thick braids.

LightDaggers and Lip like this.
  12. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

We already got [the woman who should've played] Storm with braids:
    [​IMG]

13. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

Omg I knowwww.

14. Marvel united

That looks great. I want Storm to have that when we meet her

15. Lip

Lip Registered

I've never seen Ozark (and I have no intention of doing so because of Bateman), but I heard a lot of good things about Julia Garner. They say she steals the show and she has a southern accent there. I've seen her in other stuff and I've always paid attention to her.

Maybe a potential Rogue? (Plus curly hair)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LightDaggers and Marvel united like this.
  16. Lip

Lip Registered

Also, whenever I see Natasha Lyonne's hair in OITNB, I picture how the 90's Rogue hair should look like in terms of volume:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Lip

Lip Registered

If Black Widow is any indication (and I think she is), we'll see a lot of different hairs for the X-girls:

[​IMG]

18. Marvel united

An idea for why mutants are hated in the MCU --------------------

"Mutants" and evolution and "change" should be a big deal going forward in the MCU, but primarily told via the mutant-based movies. What makes the possibility of mutants seem scary isn't the fact that they are born with abilities. (Because otherwise, people would fear the Avengers) It's because of how the government will use propaganda to make society scared of people born with abilities, because the government will not be able to control nor keep quiet their continuing population increase (This is where the social commentary would come into play) Politicians for example trying to make people paranoid about who could be a mutant. The fear is that they will outnumber normal humans eventually; that'd be the spin and the truth. Make people scared of them so that the government can legally track them, and eventually legally contain them, or legally kill them. All of which they'd already be doing, but without legislation. That's where the the Mutant Registration Act comes into play -- which should be brought up at the end of the movie. The X-Men are rarely ever appreciated by the Government. So after they save the day, they are not rewarded with applause like the Avengers were in TA. They are rewarded with seeing a news conference of the Government announcing new legislation that will lead to further persecution of mutants.

What do you guys think?

I could see it. She certainly looks like Rogue already.

Boy Scout likes this.
  19. Heretic

Heretic Registered

I adore her and will watch anything she's in (and she's been in some lame stuff, like Sin City: A Dame To Kill For). She's stupid beautiful, but her face has like a sadness to it....there's a depth there beyond just some Hollywood hottie. If Rogue were to be her age range, then I'm all for them casting her.

20. Chiznuk

Chiznuk Registered

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." - LBJ

Bigotry is always illogical. The juxtaposition of the Avengers superstar status against the hatred of mutants is something I'm very interested in seeing explored. Mutants represent something that is always terrifying to those in power and those who think their race, sex, etc. gives them a special status. Change. They represent what humans will become. Logically there's no reason why they should be feared any more than other enhanced individuals but as LBJ said give people someone to look down on and they won't notice all the other horrible things you're doing. It's a tool politicians have used throughout the centuries.

Boy Scout and Marvel united like this.
  21. Marvel united

I've been thinking Annalise Basso could make a good Jean:
    [​IMG]

She's relatively unknown but I've checked out some of her work and she has really good acting chops, she even won an accolade a few years ago. Assuming MCU Jean is in her late teens -- I think she could be a good choice. She just turned 20 last December so she'll be 22-23 when the movie goes into production.

LightDaggers likes this.
  22. Heretic

Heretic Registered

She's been my choice for Jean for years. She deserves to be more famous than she is.

23. Marvel united

I remember a few years ago seeing her name come up for MJ quite a bit. She was in this short miniseries called COLD and she's clearly a very good actress

They have one full episode up but I can't post it because of language.

She seems to be a fan of the MCU too (Based on her Clevvernews interview) so I wouldn't be surprised if she auditioned for Jean and I wouldn't be shocked if Marvel/Feige were looking for unknowns to play the X-Men. Holland and the entire cast of Homecoming were plucked from obscurity after all. She needs a big break.

24. Heretic

Heretic Registered

Her gig on the Snowpiercer series doesnt seem to be the big break I was hoping for her (that show seems to be a trainwreck, pun intended).

I think she posted on Instagram once that Batgirl is a dream gig for her...so she seems to be a superhero fan. I'm a big Horror fan, so it's cool that she's done a bunch of those...but I'm hoping for much bigger things for her than just playing the friend in freaking Slender Man. X-Men would certainly be a huge deal for her.

25. Marvel united

She was clearly the most talented actress in Slenderman too, you could tell that she was above the material the script gave her to work with. Her wanting to play Batgirl is great - she should definitely go for Jean when the opportunity presents itself
    [​IMG]

#3000 Marvel united, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019