Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Hank changing hardly matters at all. He's the most ripe for a swap. Let Dev Patel play him
If he were to be race-changed I wouldn’t like that casting. Dev could play other X-Men but he doesn’t resemble human Hank in any way, outside of race.

It was only shown in a deleted scene in a suitcase, with the costume, gloves and the mask

Though comic accurate (especially the mask), I don't think it was ever meant to be worn by Hugh (or anybody).
It's honestly a shame, it looks really awesome.

So:

Scott (white)
Jean (white)
Storm (black)
Bobby (gay)
Forge (native American)
Jubilee (asian/chinese)

That's the kind of group I have in mind.
If you had these guys I think you could add at least 2 more major field team X-Men in the first film. Jubilee has to be played by someone significantly younger than the others who is inexperienced and still learning the ropes and making the transition to the full A team. She can be our POV character too. And Forge I’d prefer to be a franchise staple background character. That way he doesn’t ever need to be rotated out. You could then add Psylocke and Beast, for 6 official field team members (including 4 founder members).

If he were to be race-changed I wouldn’t like that casting. Dev could play other X-Men but he doesn’t resemble human Hank in any way, outside of race.
But NO human being looks like this35079965748ca7d182fba16fa366524c.jpg images-3.jpg
Whoever plays Hank will obviously be enhanced with CG to resemble his impossible proportions from the comics. All Patel would have to do is bulk up and let the computers do the rest.

When Hank turns Blue, Beast should be Mocap

But NO human being looks like thisView attachment 11733 View attachment 11739
Whoever plays Hank will obviously be enhanced with CG to resemble his impossible proportions from the comics. All Patel would have to do is bulk up and let the computers do the rest.

When Hank turns Blue, Beast should be Mocap
Exactly why you know I wasn’t asking for that. :yay: Dev Patel bulking up is a bigger ask than for anyone who is naturally bulky (this isn’t exactly a rare thing), and the danger is, like Hoult who had the frame, that they don’t bother. Dev Patel has always actually stood out as skinny to me which suits the majority of roles, but casting him here seems like someone is going out of their way to change everything about the look. You may as well choose someone elderly and a woman too. :D Plus it reminds me of having Topher Grace as Eddie Brock! :csad:

But I agree that a mocap Blue Beast could work well in the 2020s if they use Apes level CGI.

Iceman said:
Dev Patel has always actually stood out as skinny to me which suits the majority of roles, but casting him here seems like someone is going out of their way to change everything about the look. You may as well choose someone elderly and a woman too. :D Plus it reminds me of having Topher Grace as Eddie Brock! :csad:
My sentiments Xactly.

Exactly why you know I wasn’t asking for that. :yay: Dev Patel bulking up is a bigger ask than for anyone who is naturally bulky (this isn’t exactly a rare thing), and the danger is, like Hoult who had the frame, that they don’t bother. Dev Patel has always actually stood out as skinny to me which suits the majority of roles, but casting him here seems like someone is going out of their way to change everything about the look. You may as well choose someone elderly and a woman too. :D Plus it reminds me of having Topher Grace as Eddie Brock! :csad:

But I agree that a mocap Blue Beast could work well in the 2020s if they use Apes level CGI.
They can just use CG to enhance his body. It's not like anybody has proportions like that In real life either way. If Marvel wanted to truly do Hank justice, he wouldn't look like a regular builder, there is no amount of training regime that would achieve a body like comic Hank- whose proportions are closer to that of MCU Hulk. Even Hulk's movement is what Beast's should be like
Y1IY6md.gif

Hank should be brought to life via mocap imo. Both human and post hormone serum imo. Patel would be playing the part through mocap

Last edited:
They can just use CG to enhance his body. It's not like anybody has proportions like that In real life either way. If Marvel wanted to truly do Hank justice, he wouldn't look like a regular builder, there is no amount of training regime that would achieve a body like comic Hank- whose proportions are closer to that of MCU Hulk. Even Hulk's movement is what Beast's should be like
Y1IY6md.gif

Hank should be brought to life via mocap imo. Both human and post hormone serum imo. Patel would be playing the part through mocap
Did you miss my first sentence altogether? Even with a smiley at the end it still didn’t get through? :csad: I’m not looking for anything like the pics you put up or even a bodybuilder, just someone with some natural bulk, and at the very least not anyone skinny. Same goes for Colossus even though he can be CG when he armours up. In the same way I don’t want someone huge to be chosen for the likes of Iceman or Nightcrawler and then have their physiques reduced using CG.

From what you’ve said above, unless you are ageist and sexist, why not set our sights higher and go for Meryl Streep with 21 Oscar nominations? What is the point of using CG to change things about characters that are not rare traits? In that case we should open up the role to the best actor regardless of looks, physique, age and gender and just use CGI to physically enhance, de-age and genderswap them as necessary. Casting calls for all roles for films would list no requirements other than “good actors required”, cause we can CG the rest ;)

Did you miss my first sentence altogether? Even with a smiley at the end it still didn’t get through? :csad: I’m not looking for anything like the pics you put up or even a bodybuilder, just someone with some natural bulk, and at the very least not anyone skinny. Same goes for Colossus even though he can be CG when he armours up. In the same way I don’t want someone huge to be chosen for the likes of Iceman or Nightcrawler and then have their physiques reduced using CG.

From what you’ve said above, unless you are ageist and sexist, why not set our sights higher and go for Meryl Streep with 21 Oscar nominations? What is the point of using CG to change things about characters that are not rare traits? In that case we should open up the role to the best actor regardless of looks, physique, age and gender and just use CGI to physically enhance, de-age and genderswap them as necessary. Casting calls for all roles for films would list no requirements other than “good actors required”, cause we can CG the rest ;)
For one, Nightcrawler and Iceman do not have the physique and similar body proportions as an Ape. Colossus is a completely different subject altogether and his is even more complicated. But Hank is more of an uber human. There is no point in having the actor have "natural bulk" when there is nothing about Hank's body that is natural. What is the point unless you're gonna put the actor in a bodysuit with prosthetic limbs? Comparing somebody with a physique like this
x-factor_beast_statue_website_exclusive1.jpg

The Merly Streep analogy is an odd strawman. Because I'm not asking for Marvel to open the floodgates for anybody to audition for the part. All I'm saying Is that Dev Patel has played Hank McCoy-esque characters in the past and what he looks like now doesn't really matter if Hank is a Mocap character. Merly Streep and other actors/actresses are obviously not fit for the role based on Hank's basic traits.

We’re not going to agree on this quite obviously. I’ve said my piece anyway, no probs. Dev is a skinny guy, nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn’t go as far as calling him an odd straw man. :funny:

If you had these guys I think you could add at least 2 more major field team X-Men in the first film. Jubilee has to be played by someone significantly younger than the others who is inexperienced and still learning the ropes and making the transition to the full A team. She can be our POV character too. And Forge I’d prefer to be a franchise staple background character. That way he doesn’t ever need to be rotated out. You could then add Psylocke and Beast, for 6 official field team members (including 4 founder members).
That's why I wish they'd get back Lana, she was perfect for the role and I'd love to see her get more of a chance to shine.

So:

Scott (white)
Jean (white)
Storm (black)
Bobby (gay)
Forge (native American)
Jubilee (asian/chinese)

That's the kind of group I have in mind.

Interesting. I'd prefer a slightly larger group, but that's just my opinion. I don't know all of the X-Men by any means. But I would like to see Bishop in the film. And, uh, how do you make it clear that Bobby is gay unless you give him a partner? (Is his partner another X-Man in the comics?) I do like Jubilee: there should be plenty of roles for Asian actresses.

. And, uh, how do you make it clear that Bobby is gay unless you give him a partner? (Is his partner another X-Man in the comics?)

I can't remember any gay characters in any mcu movie except the Asian kid from spider-man homecoming (basing off his mannerisms).

I don't really like the gay Iceman (to me it's just bendis trying to put a lasting stamp on his run like he does with all his work.)

Id rather see this in the future

61823-600-338.jpg

He deserves it imo the first gay comic book character in history is a X-MEN character wish it was him

Yeah, I'd be here for that. I'd like him to be hot, too. :o

Last edited:
Northstar is pretty attractive guy guess it just depends on the artist. If they cast older I think Ben Whishaw would be cool hes a Gay Actor as well.

But Iceman bf is name Judah

latest

I can't remember any gay characters in any mcu movie except the Asian kid from spider-man homecoming (basing off his mannerisms).
This is a very weird line of thinking. So because an element or character has not be introduced thus far, that means it should never appear in the MCU? I guess the X-Men should never appear since there hasn't been any mutants in any MCU film.

Id rather see this in the future

61823-600-338.jpg

He deserves it imo the first gay comic book character in history is a X-MEN character wish it was him
I'd rather see Iceman gay over Northstar. For one, Iceman is a much better fit for a baseline roster in the first movie and he's also a much more integral character to the mythos. So if there is going to be a gay character in the movie, it should be Bobby. Northstar can come later on

Well, I'd like to see Bobby's boyfriend in a movie, that's for sure.

This is a very weird line of thinking. So because an element or character has not be introduced thus far, that means it should never appear in the MCU? I guess the X-Men should never appear since there hasn't been any mutants in any MCU film.

Seriously dude why do you get defensive about everything that everyone says?

I just said I don't remember any gay mcu characters in the previous movies. I never said they shouldn't include any.

I'd rather see Iceman gay over Northstar. For one, Iceman is a much better fit for a baseline roster in the first movie and he's also a much more integral character to the mythos. So if there is going to be a gay character in the movie, it should be Bobby. Northstar can come later on

That doesn't seem fair. Why not both? Seriously, we've had no LGBT representation in Marvel movies yet!

That doesn't seem fair. Why not both? Seriously, we've had no LGBT representation in Marvel movies yet!

Well if they do introduce a gay X-MAN it'll 100% be Iceman I bet.

Northstar is just wishful thinking on my part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"