Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're missing the point. What relevance characters like Jubilee, Psylocke and Bishop had on a an ALL WHITE roster made up of 12 to 14 members during the 90s does not matter. It Is not relevant to an X-Men film in 2021-2022 that will be reintroducing these characters to a new generation of moviegoers. The first TRUE reboot of the entire movie franchise. So when they tap into the themes that have made this franchise resonate with so many people, it has to be done in a manner that Is acceptable to an audience in the 2020s and having straight, white characters talk about how hard it is to be a minority, Charles reciting quotes from Dr. King in the 60, people discriminating against the mutants etc works wayyy better with actual minorities.

That's what an X-Men movie adaptation needs to be TODAY. This isn't 1963 anymore.

Its actually kinda sad to see the same 3 people of color constantly being brought as this shining beacon of diversity in a mostly all-white cast going through the same things oppressed groups in America are going through. And imo, it only illustrates why some race swaps SHOULD happen. Why Iceman SHOULD be gay, why this franchise should be updated like Marvel did with the Spider-Man franchise.
Your opinion. Not the golden rule.

You're missing the point. What relevance characters like Jubilee, Psylocke and Bishop had on a an ALL WHITE roster made up of 12 to 14 members during the 90s does not matter. It Is not relevant to an X-Men film in 2021-2022 that will be reintroducing these characters to a new generation of moviegoers. The first TRUE reboot of the entire movie franchise. So when they tap into the themes that have made this franchise resonate with so many people, it has to be done in a manner that Is acceptable to an audience in the 2020s and having straight, white characters talk about how hard it is to be a minority, Charles reciting quotes from Dr. King in the 60, people discriminating against the mutants etc works wayyy better with actual minorities.

That's what an X-Men movie adaptation needs to be TODAY. This isn't 1963 anymore.

Its actually kinda sad to see the same 3 people of color constantly being brought as this shining beacon of diversity in a mostly all-white cast going through the same things oppressed groups in America are going through. And imo, it only illustrates why some race swaps SHOULD happen. Why Iceman SHOULD be gay, why this franchise should be updated like Marvel did with the Spider-Man franchise.
And you are saying to an actual minority but I didnt identity myself with the X-Men because I wasnt white but other stuff like sexual orientation and being different. Good God.

People of colour can also intersect with other identities you know.

And you are saying to an actual minority but I didnt identity myself with the X-Men because I wasnt white but other stuff like sexual orientation and being different. Good God.
And last I checked, being part of the LGBTQ community makes you a minority. I'm talking about oppressed groups which includes the LGBTQ community.

And I'm also a minority and I didn't need the characters to look like me to identify with their struggle either. But I think now is the time to update the franchise.

If Marvel made a Spider-Man movie without the Osborns, without Mary Jane, without Gwen Stacy, they can surely make an X-Men movie with a roster including Sunfire, Thunderbird, Bishop, Forge, Psylocke. I mean, those are X-Men characters, and as long as they aren't the minority on the team I don't see how it is just "peppering".

If you want to racebend some characters fine, but don't paint is a necessity to have a diverse cast. Why is the history of the comics a burden on the movie as long as it presents a diverse cast?
Just having Storm imo is enough as like the others, she's a mutant, something an X-Man can understand for being what its like. Also I don't get these arguments of Bishop, Psylocke and Jubilee arent that essential for the 1st film when they are easily top twenty X-Men, why cant we include these characters who are actuality minorities. So much for asking diversity yet they don't want to showcase those characters.

But he's been a field member who has gotten in on the action before. Just saying. I could see him being the tech genius of the team since he can build anything. Maybe he's the one who makes the uniforms and helps design the Danger Room and the Blackbird
Yeah, I'm just saying you can get him in without being forced to take up a key spot, a kind of freebie. Same goes for anyone who can be considered background mansion staff, students or teachers etc and be considered a support rather than part of the dedicated main field team.

This would be my line up for the first film

Scott, Ororo, Betsy, Jean, Warren, Bishop, Rogue and Gambit. Characters that were wasted by Fox.

I would save Bobby, Hank, Kurt, Kitty, Logan, Jubes, Piotr for the sequel, the second squad.

The rest like Emma, AleX, Lorna, Sean, Forge and the Queen of Pop would be saved for further films. Like to me, They are the core X-Men, the ten films would revolve around them. The rest that I didn't mention should be utilized in splinter teams or appear in smaller orshorter role. Like I would feature sunfire but for just 1 film.

Personally, I'd just like to see the minority characters receive more screentime rather than changing anyone, the X-Men have so many great non-white characters
Bishop is amazing, Storm always should've had a bigger role, what they did with Psylocke was a crime, give me Armor, Moonstar, and Sunspot... I'd much rather see some fresh blood in terms of the characters getting focus rather than giving us the Xavier-Magneto-Wolverine show again with one of them being race-swapped
I prefer to see Mirage and Sunspot in a New Mutants film. I just don't see them essential to the main team. While Rogue Psylocke and Storm can all have the Xposure in every film iwouldnt complain. I would just love it! Though of course the rest shouldnt be underused even the Wolverine.

Legacy characters though, i would not feature them.

If you want to racebend some characters fine, but don't paint is a necessity to have a diverse cast. Why is the history of the comics a burden on the movie as long as it presents a diverse cast?

Yeah I don't argee with colorswapping.

If Marvel can make people like Groot then they can make Thunderbird, Darwin, or Sway popular.

They should create 2 characters out of Psylocke (in the comics). One Asian in the current body and then a separate Betsy Braddock.

They should create 2 characters out of Psylocke (in the comics). One Asian in the current body and then a separate Betsy Braddock.
I don't think Marvel would dwelve that much to every member's origin story Xpecially if the character is already in the team but who knows. I'd like everyone to get an origin side story but in film? Too much work.

Sigh... Bishop should not be in the first movie. The entire Bishop's crossing arc could be it's own movie.

I don't think Marvel would dwelve that much to every member's origin story Xpecially if the character is already in the team but who knows. I'd like everyone to get an origin side story but in film? Too much work.
Yeah, I just meant in the comics to set up the future properly without losing things that are important. The films will only have one I'm sure, and maybe not even any from the get go. But if diversity is going to be a thing, they really should go with Asian Psylocke of the bat, Jubilee and most obviously Storm.

I think Psylocke would definitely be Asian in the mcu. I would go nuts if they use her for the 1st film.

If Marvel made a Spider-Man movie without the Osborns, without Mary Jane, without Gwen Stacy
I'm fairly sure the only reason they decided to do that was because the Raimi/Webb movies already did an overall decent job at portraying Spider-Man's supporting characters right.

Can't say the same thing about Fox and the classic X-Men.
If Marvel can make people like Groot then they can make Thunderbird, Darwin, or Sway popular.
Or they could just focus on the characters who already have large fanbases, even among the general audience.

Last edited:
Or they could just focus on the characters who already have large fanbases, even among the general audience.

Which is what I want in the first place. I'd just like them to look how they are supposed to when they do.

An MCU X-men movie about oppression that has one or two characters of colour should be laughed right out of cinemas.

Where's your outrage at Fox for doing the same thing for 18 years?

Last time I checked you were excited (almost giddy to prove the naysayers wrong) to watch Fox's Dark Phoenix in 2018 (now 2019).

Last edited:
He is. Again no one is burning FoX for not having a very diverse cast and suddenly its gonna be different to Marvel Stud10s, the one with the better track record?

You want diversity and yet you don't want them to use X-Men's most well known African-American guy for the first film?
Uhh, no. Because Bishop is sequel bait and the vehicle for the MCU X-Men to delve into time travel in a future film imo. Storm on the other hand should definitely be in the movie.

Hank should be race swapped. He's the easiest to change. Preferably as an Indian/south asian guy since there aren't many if any in the X-Men comics. If not him, you can use Forge instead. Charles, Scott, Logan and Jean should stay their original race (those are the characters I don't see Marvel changing). Iceman should be gay and I'd put Jubilee in the movie as a core member and the little sister of the team.

So:

Scott (white)
Jean (white)
Storm (black)
Bobby (gay)
Forge (native American)
Jubilee (asian/chinese)

That's the kind of group I have in mind.

Bishop can be introduced in different ways not just for sequel baiting. And Hank shouldnt be race swapped as he's been white since the beginning. How about respecting how the characters look like in the comics especially there's nothing wrong with it. You want diversity, Bishop can be featured.

Last edited:
Bishop can be introduced in different ways not just for sequel baiting. And Hank shouldnt be race swapped as he's been white since the beginning. How about respecting how the characters look like in the comics especially there's nothing wrong with it. You want diversity, Bishop can be featured.
How so? By adding even more clutter to the already complicated way that the X-Men are going to be introduced? Are we going to say Bishop coming back in time to get Fitzroy, fighting the X-Men and then becoming a member all happened off screen too? Or are you going to drastically change Bishop and remove the time travelling aspect of him altogether? All to avoid race swapping ONE character? Tsk..

And Hank changing hardly matters at all. He's the most ripe for a swap. Let Dev Patel play him

Bishop isnt that complicated to introduce and they dont need to dwelve to him time travelling just to use him. And using him isnt because to avoid this FORCED diversity card on the ip (Which you are so into) but Bishop is an essential X-Men character (who was underused by Fox) worthy to be utilized in the films.

And changing Hank would feel drastic as he's been white since the property's inception and they have certainly reminded us of that when the o5 time travelled in the comics.

Last edited:
And Hank changing hardly matters at all. He's the most ripe for a swap. Let Dev Patel play him
Aside from race, he doesn't even look the part. Kelsey had the voice, the body build which are reasons why he was so well cast as Beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"