Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Logan getting a trilogy before New Mutants, X-Force or X-Factor. And unless the actor decides to leave, it's likely that Wolverine will get a fouth film and beyond, like Thor.
I hope they can at least squeeze a Storm film in there. If any x-character deserves a film, it's Ororo. Her backstory is ripe for some emotional story threads and she has the potential to be an MCU heavy-hitter in her own right. It would also be the first black woman led MCU film and CBM in 20+ yeard since Catwoman & that is just another milestone and barrier a Storm film would break. I could easily see Storm being the MCU's answer to Wonder Woman.

I'm burnt out on Wolverine but if him getting solos means he won't absorb the X-Men movies, then I guess it's fine. But I hope there will be room for other characters besides himself to get that center spotlight in their own films

I hope they can at least squeeze a Storm film in there. If any x-character deserves a film, it's Ororo. Her backstory is ripe for some emotional story threads and she has the potential to be an MCU heavy-hitter in her own right. It would also be the first black woman led MCU film and CBM in 20+ yeard since Catwoman & that is just another milestone and barrier a Storm film would break. I could easily see Storm being the MCU's answer to Wonder Woman.

bad place yes. Im 95% sure it will happen, and Im 100% ready for the world to see a x-woman leading her own movie, and not only that.... making TONS of $$$$$$$$$$$.

I'm burnt out on Wolverine but if him getting solos means he won't absorb the X-Men movies, then I guess it's fine. But I hope there will be room for other characters besides himself to get that center spotlight in their own films

I think Carol is the MCU's answer to WW. I loved her first film and I believe her franchise has a potential to be absolutely huge. But yeah, I get your point. Storm is/was one of the most important Marvel female heroes. She's a great, great character and has a massive potential to be a huge icon. Much bigger that she already is.

Let's hope we'll get a film instead a Disney+ solo miniseries. The MCU is very populated now, and they're handling big number of franchises.

When it comes to Wolverine movies, they're inevitable, IMO. So I just hope his movies can be used to developed properly more X-Men members and help expand the mutant universe. This is something I believe Marvel will do.

I think Carol is the MCU's answer to WW. I loved her first film and I believe her franchise has a potential to be absolutely huge. But yeah, I get your point. Storm is/was one of the most important Marvel female heroes. She's a great, great character and has a massive potential to be a huge icon. Much bigger that she already is.

Let's hope we'll get a film instead a Disney+ solo miniseries. The MCU is very populated now, and they're handling big number of franchises.

When it comes to Wolverine movies, they're inevitable, IMO. So I just hope his movies can be used to developed properly more X-Men members and help expand the mutant universe. This is something I believe Marvel will do.
Carol is technically Marvel's equivalent to WW in terms of them both being their tentpole female-led franchise but in terms of story and character, Ororo is a closer to Diana than Carol. But I do agree that the Captain Marvel franchise has a lot of potential and I hope they explore it well- I'm looking forward to seeing Carol grow.

Bur regarding Storm, I see a ton of potential in a solo outing for her. You can use it to explore her backstory in Cairo, you could introduce the Shadow King, you can introduce Callisto/Morlocks and establish the rivalry, you can have Forge, Jean, Kitty as supporting players etc and you can position Storm as a pillar of the X-Men franchise and the MCU. It could also open the door to other female led X-Spin offs, like Kitty Pryde, Dazzler, Psylocke etc. I imagine an X23 movie would be set up by Wolverine movies

I know more Wolverine movies are inevitable, especially with the Russos and co chomping at the bit to use him. I just hope Marvel doesn't forget that there are a ton of great characters in the X-Men universe that can hold down a movie besides just Wolverine.

I'm glad we have Disney+ content to look forward to as well

Carol is technically Marvel's equivalent to WW in terms of them both being their tentpole female-led franchise but in terms of story and character, Ororo is a closer to Diana than Carol. But I do agree that the Captain Marvel franchise has a lot of potential and I hope they explore it well- I'm looking forward to seeing Carol grow.

Bur regarding Storm, I see a ton of potential in a solo outing for her. You can use it to explore her backstory in Cairo, you could introduce the Shadow King, you can introduce Callisto/Morlocks and establish the rivalry, you can have Forge, Jean, Kitty as supporting players etc and you can position Storm as a pillar of the X-Men franchise and the MCU. It could also open the door to other female led X-Spin offs, like Kitty Pryde, Dazzler, Psylocke etc. I imagine an X23 movie would be set up by Wolverine movies

I agree with you. Ororo is one of the biggest characters of the Marvel universe, and she should be one of the MCU's pillars.

Sorry, but I do feel like it's a bit too little too late for Black Widow and I'm not quite hyped about it (I know the rights issues are complicated, but I'd rather see She-Hulk getting a movie, and Nat the Disney+ show instead). However, I do hope there will be more female lead characters in the MCU in the future, not only Ororo and Carol.

Yeah 'Ro has been one of the biggest females in the Marvel U, at least marketing-wise, for decades, much bigger than Carol who had difficulty for a long time gaining a fan base

I was pretty impressed, Brie Larson was on Ellen doing some charades thing and for some reason Storm was in the 'Avengers' category, but Brie actually got it, had to give her props for that

but so if mainstream people like Ellen's audience know Storm, she's got definite potential for her own franchise to be very successful

I was thinking earlier and I think maybe the reason Feige mentioned "mutants" as opposed to X-Men is that they plan on having different titular titles based on the different mutant teams. They said they will do things we have never seen before and do things differently, so they will have shows and movies on Marauders, New Mutants, Fallen Angels, Excalibur, X-Force, Brotherhood, and so on. Of course, they will have X-Men titular movies as well. Just a guess.

I was thinking earlier and I think maybe the reason Feige mentioned "mutants" as opposed to X-Men is that they plan on having different titular titles based on the different mutant teams.

I just think the plan right now is to introduce the concept of mutants and see some mutant characters popping up here and there until an actual X-Men movie.

so they will have shows and movies on Marauders, New Mutants, Fallen Angels, Excalibur, X-Force, Brotherhood, and so on.

Unless they drop all of this on Disney+, it will take forever until we see all that mutant-franchises on the big screen.

no shows or movies for villains, please.
the x-men have enough iconic heroes and teams to develop before even entering the villain side.
Aside, Ive had enough of them in the fox 20 years old franchise. Just give me a different take of the universe, thank u.

95% of the X-men villains were barely used or well developed in the FOX movies. No reason to neglect them in the MCU either. A MCU, by the way, that needs to up their game when it comes to villains.

I'm not saying the majority of the villains (from the X-Men or not) need their own movie or show, but with the success of Venom and Joker, it feels like just a matter of time until we get a villain leading an MCU movie. Loki is already leading his own show.

If I had to bet, I'd say Dr. Doom.

I just think the plan right now is to introduce the concept of mutants and see some mutant characters popping up here and there until an actual X-Men movie.

Right. (possible BW speculation spoiler)

There's some people speculating Ursa Major in BW, so they might be introducing mutantas as soon as the next MCU movie.

Unless they drop all of this on Disney+, it will take forever until we see all that mutant-franchises on the big screen.

2021 will have at least 4 live action tv shows. Yes there's room for lots of shows.

no shows or movies for villains, please.
the x-men have enough iconic heroes and teams to develop before even entering the villain side.
Aside, Ive had enough of them in the fox 20 years old franchise. Just give me a different take of the universe, thank u.

I vehemently disagree on both of your points. And after Venom and Joker it seems the GA disagrees with you too and likes villain movies and possibly shows as well. Magneto, Marauders, Brotherhood shows or movies would be fantastic.

95% of the X-men villains were barely used or well developed in the FOX movies. No reason to neglect them in the MCU either. A MCU, by the way, that needs to up their game when it comes to villains.

I'm not saying the majority of the villains (from the X-Men or not) need their own movie or show, but with the success of Venom and Joker, it feels like just a matter of time until we get a villain leading an MCU movie. Loki is already leading his own show.

Yeah, I agree with Dr. Doom, but there are plenty of villains, including in the X-Men, where rich stories can be told. I would love a Magneto movie, for example. And as you said Marvel Studios are already venturing in villain stories in the MCU with Loki.

Im pretty fine with a Dr. Doom film or show.....
but a Magneto movie, Brotherhood show, Mystique Hulu series, Juggernaut tv show, and more?
no thank u. Just use them later down the line in the movies, but give the extra development to Kitty, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Angel, Havok, Psylocke, Jubilee, Dazzler, Bishop and co. IMO, this sounds much more appealing, at least to me, as a huuuuuuuge frustrated fan after Fox franchise.

I vehemently disagree on both of your points. And after Venom and Joker it seems the GA disagrees with you too and likes villain movies and possibly shows as well. Magneto, Marauders, Brotherhood shows or movies would be fantastic.

You disagree the actual X-Men need more development?
interesting

I too would rather have the show slots spent on the heroes. X-Factor, New Mutants, X-Statix, Kitty Pryde, Rogue etc so much material to work with.

A Magneto show could maybe work but the Brotherhood and Juggernaut should be folded into his show. I can't see the Marauders working as a show. The Morlocks i definitely could, though.

You disagree the actual X-Men need more development?
interesting

I vehemently disagree with 1) No shows and 2) No movies for villains. Apparently the GA and Marvel Studios disagree too.

Hmm, could WandaVision be our first introduction to the MCU incarnation of the Children Of Atom, the Merry Mutants? After all, Wanda is historically a Mutant in the comics(until she wasn’t) and Wanda’s powers and her potential seismic impact her powers can have on reality could in theory be used as a potentially trigger the widespread activation of the X-gene in humans post-Endgame. So instead of Wanda uttering the word, “no more mutants” perhaps the MCU will do the inversion of that and have her say, “more mutants” and through her powers the mutant population starts growing more than ever before.

What’s your thoughts? It’s clear to me that WandaVision will have repercussions for not only the Doctor Strange sequel but the wider MCU as a whole.

I'd be OK with Wanda finding out she's a mutant and becoming officially the first MCU mutant.

Don't think they'll retcon her tho.

I think it'd be neat if Xavier has been hiding mutants with mental blocks this whole time, even hiding mutants from themselves. And Strucker just "unlocked" their powers. That way it's not a full retcon of how Wanda and Pietro got their powers...just a soft one.

It would also explain how they were the only two to survive, because nobody else Strucker did stuff to were mutants.

It helps that the details are still vague on how HYDRA's tinkering with Loki's scepter "gave them their abilities", so that if they ever decide to show it, they can make it compatible with the emergence of the X-gene if that's how they want to play it.

It would also explain how they were the only two to survive, because nobody else Strucker did stuff to were mutants.
Oh yeah, that better be part of it. I wonder if they could show a flashback scene further illuminating Wanda and Pietro's time the Hydra compound someday.

I'm also 100% in favor of bringing back Pietro (assuming they can lure Aaron back into the fold), partly so they can meet their real dad together. bad place, the Fox gang had three movies to give Pietro and Erik a father-son moment together and they never did it.

Oh yeah, that better be part of it. I wonder if they could show a flashback scene further illuminating Wanda and Pietro's time the Hydra compound someday.

I'm also 100% in favor of bringing back Pietro (assuming they can lure Aaron back into the fold), partly so they can meet their real dad together. bad place, the Fox gang had three movies to give Pietro and Erik a father-son moment together and they never did it.

One of the dumber fails of X: Apocalypse, imo. I mean once you spend literally the entire movie teasing it and even have a blatantly obvious plot-relevant reason to do it and for it to have real weight, why on earth do you end that story thread with him just chickening out never to be seen again?

One of the dumber fails of X: Apocalypse, imo. I mean once you spend literally the entire movie teasing it and even have a blatantly obvious plot-relevant reason to do it and for it to have real weight, why on earth do you end that story thread with him just chickening out never to be seen again?

And then for Storm of all people saying "Mystique told me Magneto's your dad!" at the end. Guess the secret is out thanks to Raven.

Mystique just putting everybody's business out in the street, she must have known her time was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"